Author Topic: Jets 2019 Training Camp  (Read 10549 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Jets 2019 Training Camp
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2019, 03:08:57 PM »
You'll be eating a excrement sandwich by Christmas.

Evidence of that is yet to be presented, but you keep taking those leaps of blind faith. One day you might get lucky.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2019, 03:09:28 PM »
I'm already in full blown fan mode. "Gase had no talent in Miami. We finally have a smart offensive mind with recommendations ranging from Peyton Manning to Nick Saban. He already realized one major issue when he forced that doofus Maccagnan out. Now we finally have an offensive mind for the first time in decades."

At least that's what I tell myself. And even if all that is true, there is still no guarantee of actually winning games, and if he doesn't, it could be a disaster.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2019, 03:17:43 PM »
I'm already in full blown fan mode. "Gase had no talent in Miami. We finally have a smart offensive mind with recommendations ranging from Peyton Manning to Nick Saban. He already realized one major issue when he forced that doofus Maccagnan out. Now we finally have an offensive mind for the first time in decades."

At least that's what I tell myself. And even if all that is true, there is still no guarantee of actually winning games, and if he doesn't, it could be a disaster.

For sure. It's just a huge leap of faith to decide that all the reports about locker room favourites and sideline demeanour were the inventions of disgruntled malcontents; most teams don't hire failed first time head coaches who come trailing the reputation of not being a great leader. I get swallowing it down because we're fans and we want nothing more than to see it work, but logic says the chances of it doing so are pretty slim.

Maybe he learned a bunch of big lessons from his Miami experience. freak knows he doesn't really have to achieve all that much to be an improvement over the dross we've seen for most of the last eight years, and he definitely has the personnel to do it. I'm just yet to be convinced that this is a good long term plan.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2019, 03:40:55 PM »
Evidence of that is yet to be presented, but you keep taking those leaps of blind faith. One day you might get lucky.
Get ready to take a big bite
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2019, 04:08:38 PM »
For sure. It's just a huge leap of faith to decide that all the reports about locker room favourites and sideline demeanour were the inventions of disgruntled malcontents; most teams don't hire failed first time head coaches who come trailing the reputation of not being a great leader. I get swallowing it down because we're fans and we want nothing more than to see it work, but logic says the chances of it doing so are pretty slim.

Maybe he learned a bunch of big lessons from his Miami experience. freak knows he doesn't really have to achieve all that much to be an improvement over the dross we've seen for most of the last eight years, and he definitely has the personnel to do it. I'm just yet to be convinced that this is a good long term plan.
I agree but it is always hard to take those reports totally at face value. When was the last time anyone read a puff piece about a coach that just got fired?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2019, 05:53:05 PM »
you'll be eating the same excrement sandwich as JE.

So they will be eating the same diet you have eaten your entire life?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 05:55:16 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2019, 07:51:21 AM »
So they will be eating the same diet you have eaten your entire life?
Negative
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2019, 12:45:45 PM »
Jets OT Brent Qvale was carted off with a right knee injury at Sunday's practice.

Beat reporter Brian Costello of the New York Post said it "[did] not look good." Qvale has already been fitted for a cast, an indication the Jets aren't taking his injury lightly. The backup tackle logged 159 snaps over five games last season including two starts.

Not good.  Qvale is nobody's favorite player but he's our most experienced back-up.  I was really hoping Edoga would get a redshirt year. 

Ryan Schraeder and Donald Penn are still around, both on the wrong side of 30, Penn on the wrong side of 35.  Maybe somebody else shakes loose once the Trent Williams situation resolves itself. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2019, 01:14:44 PM »
Lachlan Edwards, the Jets’ punter, was signing autographs after practice when some kid asked him, “Can I have some of your armpit hair?” These crazy memorabilia hounds will stop at nothing.

@DarylSlater

@LJF
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »
Jamison Crowder exited Monday's practice with a left foot or ankle injury.
Crowder was able to walk to the locker room, suggesting this is not a serious injury, but any setback is a concern for a player who missed seven games last season with an ankle injury. On the bright side, that injury was to Crowder's right ankle, and he was able to return late in the season. If healthy, Crowder will be one of Sam Darnold's primary targets.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2019, 05:21:55 PM »
Yikes
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator