Author Topic: Preseason Week 1: Jets vs. Giants  (Read 2346 times)

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Preseason Week 1: Jets vs. Giants
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2019, 01:53:02 PM »
Secondary depth is really bad... probably worse than the already low expectations.

Herndon is going to be a big loss the first 4 games of the season.
Griffin had some nice run blocks last night.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2019, 03:29:55 PM »
Helmets looked cool.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 09:32:08 PM »
Secondary depth is really bad... probably worse than the already low expectations.

Herndon is going to be a big loss the first 4 games of the season.

I thought coverage was ugly all night. I also thought the OL had some rough stretches. It sort of seemed that those two areas will be our downfall this year.

On a bright note, Sam moved well made some good decisions and scored a quick TD. Showed us that Crowder is going to be a great asset for us.

Was hoping to see more flashes from the rookies last night, particularly Polite and Wesco. But I’m sure they will continue to improve as they get their feet wet.
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »
We played Cover 1 basically all night which put our sorry derriere backup corners in bad situations. 

I expect a lot of base defense with man concepts in the preseason because coaches don't want to show much. 

I will say that I am very worried about how Gregg Williams uses his corners in press.  Both Johnson and Roberts are strong fits in press-man defense but it provides a lot more opportunities for offenses to make big, chunk plays.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2019, 07:16:30 AM »
We played Cover 1 basically all night which put our sorry derriere backup corners in bad situations. 

I expect a lot of base defense with man concepts in the preseason because coaches don't want to show much. 

I will say that I am very worried about how Gregg Williams uses his corners in press.  Both Johnson and Roberts are strong fits in press-man defense but it provides a lot more opportunities for offenses to make big, chunk plays.

All valid weaknesses to be concerned about. Poor corners in today’s NFL is a recipe for disaster, especially when we don’t have a pass rush to speak of that can provide some kind of assistance
Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2019, 08:04:38 AM »

Especially against brady

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2019, 10:40:28 AM »

We play the Giants so I'm guessing also we didn't show anything we're really going to do.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 08:06:45 AM »

Tags: