Author Topic: 2019-20 NBA Season  (Read 19617 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Re: Re: 2019-20 NBA Season
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2020, 12:37:55 PM »
I would love to hear that conversation.

I wish it was in person. I don't think Lebron's a violent man but I'm sure he could be a bloody intimidating one if he wanted to be.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2020, 03:49:24 PM »
I saw Doc Rivers almost in tears talking about it and most if not all of what he said was factually not true. Garbage in, garbage out.

i think it's happening again. you're a white italian guy dictating how a black doc rivers should and should not feel about his life and his upbringing in our society.

it'd be a very difficult argument to say that doc is biased or has blinders on when it comes to excrement like this. his father is a cop, this is obviously a very nuanced situation for him

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2020, 03:53:36 PM »
also, i/nobody else said anything when you brought up some foolery about how luka and another player talked it out after luka was called a white boy (i dont even know if this happened lmfao).

the fact that you think a situation like that is akin to the systemic and societal justices/inequalities black americans face, let alone how they should face/address those inequalities, is a huge problem.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2020, 03:56:37 PM »
i think it's happening again. you're a white italian guy dictating how a black doc rivers should and should not feel about his life and his upbringing in our society.

it'd be a very difficult argument to say that doc is biased or has blinders on when it comes to excrement like this. his father is a cop, this is obviously a very nuanced situation for him

I'm not dictating anything, Doc can feel and say what he wants, that doesn't make him right and I don't have to agree with him. There is nothing preventing black people, or anyone, from living wherever they like, which was one of his complaints. Pretty sure Doc is successful and probably lives in a nice neighborhood, great. He's uninformed, regardless of my color or his, that's irrelevant. I feel bad for him because he was nearly in tears over a false set of circumstances that have been fed to him by people pushing an agenda to empower themselves. These guys don't live in reality, neither do most celebrities or people who can afford not to.

All that said, I was much happier when we had Derek Harper at the point.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2020, 04:01:10 PM »
also, i/nobody else said anything when you brought up some foolery about how luka and another player talked it out after luka was called a white boy (i dont even know if this happened lmfao).

the fact that you think a situation like that is akin to the systemic and societal justices/inequalities black americans face, let alone how they should face/address those inequalities, is a huge problem.

I didn't say it was akin to anything. I said it was an example of how people settle things in basketball a lot easier than the rest of the world, and how that can be a positive example when done correctly. It was all caught on camera, by the way.

As for your "systemic racism", tell me more. There was a black US president for eight years who employed two black Attorneys General for those eight years. You have black mayors, DAs and police chiefs all throughout the biggest cities in America. So if there is systemic racism in the legal system, why haven't any of these people done anything about it? Unless it's just an excuse.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2020, 04:09:37 PM »
and again, the way nba players deal with a white boy being called a 'white boy' on camera sets no fckin example and is in no way applicable to the situation blacks in america face. you say you're not doing something but you're actually doing something

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
Re: 2019-20 NBA Season
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2020, 04:57:06 PM »
Right, I cleaned all this excrement up, put the BLM posts in the BLM thread, the Covid posts in the Covid thread, and the angry shouting abuse at each other posts in the bin where they belong.

Now everyone play nice and let's all get back to the Raptors' victory tour.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2020, 05:32:28 PM »
Games postponed for tonight. After discussions with the players, the league is hopeful they will resume either tomorrow or Saturday.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2020, 05:34:01 PM »
and again, the way nba players deal with a white boy being called a 'white boy' on camera sets no fckin example and is in no way applicable to the situation blacks in america face. you say you're not doing something but you're actually doing something

Ok, I don't know where my answer to this went.

My point was the guy who said whatever to Luka took responsibility for it, talked to the man himself, and they moved on from it. There's nowhere to hide on a basketball court, nobody played victim and a mole hill didn't become a mountain. People who play basketball at a young age learn these things and often become better people for it, that's the role basketball can play. So I hate to see the game turned into something divisive.

As far as the "situation blacks in America face" you're going to have to be more specific. Which black people? Did the civil rights movement not happen? Did we not elect a black president? Aren't you a doctor who I believe served in the military? Why can't people take responsibility for their own actions and their own family, not confront police and act like it's everyone else's fault?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2020, 05:45:08 PM »
Maybe just keep the questions about being black in America in the BLM thread.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2020, 06:53:30 PM »
Ok, I don't know where my answer to this went.

In the Black Lives Matter thread, like I already said.

I'm trying to be super nice here, but stop cluttering up sports threads with this.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2020, 05:19:15 PM »
ShamsCharania:  Mavs‘ Kristaps Porzingis has a meniscus tear in his right knee and will miss remainder of series.

The Knicks trading Porzingis is still an awful move, but he appears to be made of glass. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh