Author Topic: 2019-20 NBA Season  (Read 19623 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: 2019-20 NBA Season
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2020, 03:12:14 PM »
Orlando just stole game one from Milwaukee
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2020, 11:00:14 AM »
Blazers too. The neutral site and lack of travel will benefit lower seeds and older players. These playoffs will be interesting if for no other reason than they will be different that the usual, where we know who is going to win.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2020, 11:35:22 AM »
"There is no bodycam footage because Ujiri's senseless and vicious attack broke it!"

"Well, we do have bodycam footage and it completely bears out the officer's side of the story. No, you can't see it, just trust us."

https://www.ktvu.com/news/new-video-sheriffs-deputy-the-undeniably-initial-aggressor-in-toronto-raptors-shoving-match
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2020, 03:38:40 PM »
Raptors somehow beat the Nets to go 2-0 up despite playing like complete derriere for three quarters.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2020, 09:49:01 AM »
draft lottery tonight. will likely be another fun night filled with whiny tears from knick fans lamenting over the draft position of what will undoubtedly be their next crappy drafted player

just look at who's playing in the bubble playoffs right now

jamal murray (LOL)

drafted frenchie over donovan mitchell (LOL)

i understand the injury concern and 'hindsight is 20/20' factor, and the nuggets were a team actually in position to take a gamble on a guy like MPJ.....but taking knox over MPJ looks so, so bad now. we chose to take our gamble on knox. he doesn't have it. huge holes to his game, doesn't seem to have the mindset or work ethic to fix those holes. has the same flaws he had in college and he actually regressed in his 2nd year. the knicks should have figured they'd still be a losing team regardless and should have taken one of the highest ceiling players in the draft. we were dealing with a FO that thought the hodgepodge piece of excrement team they put together last year was actually a playoff team LMFAO

traded KP for a box of used condoms lol. DAL tied with LAC1-1 in the playoffs

what we have there is a legitimate playoff team, and possibly a young title contender, that the knicks have pissed away

cannot wait for tonight

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2020, 09:54:14 AM »
traded KP for a box of used condoms lol. DAL tied with LAC1-1 in the playoffs

That KP trade is an all-time worst trade, but Luka is the only reason Dallas is tied with the Clippers. 

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2020, 11:17:43 AM »
That KP trade is an all-time worst trade, but Luka is the only reason Dallas is tied with the Clippers. 

agreed, but i do think that dal has a strong shot of being up 2-0 if KP wasn't wrongly thrown out in game 1. did a poor job of writing it but the main point about that was basically that the mavs are set for the present and future because of us and we have nothing to show for it

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2020, 11:19:40 AM »
agreed, but i do think that dal has a strong shot of being up 2-0 if KP wasn't wrongly thrown out in game 1. did a poor job of writing it but the main point about that was basically that the mavs are set for the present and future because of us and we have nothing to show for it

If the internet is to be believed, and we all know that it never lies, the Knicks are planning to pay Fred Van Vleet a lot of money.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2020, 12:18:58 PM »

I think KP is best suited as a second guy, too fragile to be THE guy, and he didn't want to be in NY unless he was paid as the guy. You never get back fair return when you trade a top player (Revis) but I'm not sure we didn't dodge a bullet with him.

My hope is for RJ Barrett and a good lottery ball tonight.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2020, 12:36:14 PM »
I think KP is best suited as a second guy, too fragile to be THE guy, and he didn't want to be in NY unless he was paid as the guy. You never get back fair return when you trade a top player (Revis) but I'm not sure we didn't dodge a bullet with him.

this is the wrong take on the KP trade. like heis said, it's one of the worst all time trades ever. if you don't want to keep him, fine, trade him. the value we got back in the trade for him was horrendous. it was nothing, we got nothing. the 'value' that Mills/Perry saw in that trade was 'we now have the cap space to sign KD/Kyrie, because we can really do that!', which is completely laughable lol.

i don't understand knick fans; this isn't just aimed at you, i've seen others say the same thing about KP. KP as a '2nd' type of player is about 10 times better than any player we currently have on our roster. knick fans have developed the most immature defense mechanisms to defend the clownery the team commits

you place hope in RJ; i like him a lot as a prospect but in about two years you will see that the flaws he has in his game likely make him a 'second guy' at best. i don't want to open up that can of worms, knick fans can only cling to so much

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2020, 01:15:17 PM »
this is the wrong take on the KP trade. like heis said, it's one of the worst all time trades ever. if you don't want to keep him, fine, trade him. the value we got back in the trade for him was horrendous. it was nothing, we got nothing. the 'value' that Mills/Perry saw in that trade was 'we now have the cap space to sign KD/Kyrie, because we can really do that!', which is completely laughable lol.

i don't understand knick fans; this isn't just aimed at you, i've seen others say the same thing about KP. KP as a '2nd' type of player is about 10 times better than any player we currently have on our roster. knick fans have developed the most immature defense mechanisms to defend the clownery the team commits

you place hope in RJ; i like him a lot as a prospect but in about two years you will see that the flaws he has in his game likely make him a 'second guy' at best. i don't want to open up that can of worms, knick fans can only cling to so much

My take is on KP himself, not the trade. I had concerns when he was here because he was hurt a lot and our record was no better with him than without. Obviously a good player with a ton of upside, but by himself we still never sniffed an 8 seed. Pair him with a real impact player and if he stays healthy he's a great 2nd guy.

As for the trade, it saved us from committing huge money to an oft-injured player who didn't want to be here. I'm glad we didn't use the cap space on KD and Kyrie, pretty indifferent about the trade itself. Like you said, maybe I'm just numb from 20 years of failure since the Ewing trade.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2020, 07:53:16 PM »
Knicks fell to pick 8

Of course

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2020, 07:53:52 PM »
Knicks get double jumped by Chicago and Charlotte.

Knicks will pick 8th. So much for their hopes of getting an immediate star
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2020, 07:55:17 PM »
I know Golden State has top odds, but I really dislike them getting the #2 slot after their ridiculous run the last few years.
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2020, 08:19:57 PM »

Tags: