Author Topic: loltexans  (Read 29027 times)

Derek Smalls

• Al Toon
Re: loltexans
« Reply #690 on: October 26, 2021, 08:21:40 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/8557592002

I'm definitely out of touch

But reading an article about the Texans owner using an anti Asian slur, I expected more than to hear that he called covid the China Virus

Is this as deeply horrible and offensive as people make it out to be?
I dont think it is that racist, but it is the type of thing only racists say.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #691 on: October 26, 2021, 09:49:25 PM »
I dont think it is that racist, but it is the type of thing only racists say.

I don't think thats an unreasonable statement. (I mean if you want to get technical I think you can argue racism is on a spectrum and everyone is racist to a degree)

But it still seems incredibly disingenuous and unfair taking a statement and making it into something it's very much not.

Especially with today's culture of if anyone says anything even remotely politically incorrect you need to immediately freaking murder them

Derek Smalls

• Al Toon
« Reply #693 on: January 13, 2022, 08:09:12 PM »
Everyone knew it was a one year sham hire because that job was toxic, but Culley got his money, and he didn't hurt his own stock at all for a future job while he got to live out a dream.

Just a weird situation all around. Kind of a raw deal for Culley, but he probably knew what he was getting into, which is why he got his money. And Culley also made some unforgivably bad in-game decisions.

reuben

• Shaun Ellis
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #694 on: January 13, 2022, 08:54:59 PM »
Everyone knew it was a one year sham hire because that job was toxic, but Culley got his money, and he didn't hurt his own stock at all for a future job while he got to live out a dream.

Just a weird situation all around. Kind of a raw deal for Culley, but he probably knew what he was getting into, which is why he got his money. And Culley also made some unforgivably bad in-game decisions.

Declining the penalty and punting on 4th-and-2 was worse than Judge's 3rd down QB sneak IMO. 

Derek Smalls

• Al Toon
« Reply #695 on: January 20, 2022, 06:17:47 PM »

Tags: