Author Topic: loltexans  (Read 54944 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: loltexans
« Reply #690 on: October 26, 2021, 08:21:40 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/8557592002

I'm definitely out of touch

But reading an article about the Texans owner using an anti Asian slur, I expected more than to hear that he called covid the China Virus

Is this as deeply horrible and offensive as people make it out to be?
I dont think it is that racist, but it is the type of thing only racists say.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #691 on: October 26, 2021, 09:49:25 PM »
I dont think it is that racist, but it is the type of thing only racists say.

I don't think thats an unreasonable statement. (I mean if you want to get technical I think you can argue racism is on a spectrum and everyone is racist to a degree)

But it still seems incredibly disingenuous and unfair taking a statement and making it into something it's very much not.

Especially with today's culture of if anyone says anything even remotely politically incorrect you need to immediately freaking murder them

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #693 on: January 13, 2022, 08:09:12 PM »
Everyone knew it was a one year sham hire because that job was toxic, but Culley got his money, and he didn't hurt his own stock at all for a future job while he got to live out a dream.

Just a weird situation all around. Kind of a raw deal for Culley, but he probably knew what he was getting into, which is why he got his money. And Culley also made some unforgivably bad in-game decisions.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #694 on: January 13, 2022, 08:54:59 PM »
Everyone knew it was a one year sham hire because that job was toxic, but Culley got his money, and he didn't hurt his own stock at all for a future job while he got to live out a dream.

Just a weird situation all around. Kind of a raw deal for Culley, but he probably knew what he was getting into, which is why he got his money. And Culley also made some unforgivably bad in-game decisions.

Declining the penalty and punting on 4th-and-2 was worse than Judge's 3rd down QB sneak IMO. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #695 on: January 20, 2022, 06:17:47 PM »

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #696 on: February 21, 2022, 04:38:36 PM »
Texans head coach Lovie Smith said, "there’s a possibility of us getting a great quarterback" with the third overall pick.

Smith also called Davis Mills good but mentioned that the league only has a few special quarterbacks. He added that the third overall pick could be used to acquire more selections. Many believe taking Pittsburgh QB Kenny Pickett with the third pick would be a reach so the only way he winds up in Houston is if their opinion of him is far ahead of the consensus. Otherwise, it makes sense for them to trade back and roll with Mills for another year. With Deshaun Watson's legal status still in the air, there's also another big domino that needs to fall before they can solidify any plans for their offseason.

DO IT LOVIE

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #697 on: February 21, 2022, 04:45:12 PM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #698 on: February 21, 2022, 04:47:21 PM »
No way that happens.
I was going to post this.....but then I remembered anything is possible with Lovie
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #699 on: February 21, 2022, 04:51:53 PM »
No way that happens.

There is definitely a non-zero chance that a QB blows up the combine and goes top 3.  Hype is a powerful drug. 

casman02

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #700 on: February 21, 2022, 04:54:36 PM »
Lance Zierlein
@LanceZierlein
"The Watson trade, the Tunsil trade and probably a Brandin Cooks trade kind of looks inevitable right now."

- Mike Ginnitti (
@spotrac
 ) on The Bench ESPN 97.5/92.5

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #701 on: February 21, 2022, 07:23:26 PM »
How is Cooks not 39 years old?  He's been in the league for 18 years now and traded 6 times, right?

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #702 on: February 24, 2022, 05:41:18 PM »
How is Cooks not 39 years old?  He's been in the league for 18 years now and traded 6 times, right?

I'd make a quip about how he could've just been a Jet this whole time if Idzik knew what he was doing, but lets be real here that'd require a Jets first round choice to still be on the team once he hits 30.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #703 on: February 25, 2022, 03:11:10 PM »
I'll always remember Iggy suggesting that if Cooks was worth trading up for someone would have done it already moments before the Saints traded up for him.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 01:20:02 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #704 on: February 25, 2022, 07:19:36 PM »
The Texans have the #3 pick in the draft and Davis Mills probably isn't that good. The Texans would probably love to get that franchise QB if there is one available.

Tags: