Author Topic: loltexans  (Read 55089 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: loltexans
« Reply #660 on: March 19, 2021, 04:06:31 PM »
I think the stories came out before the trade could have been officially completed, so any trade partner would have pulled the plug. Would have probably fucked up someone's free agency though.

Even if the accusations didn’t happen before the trade could be finished, teams probably would have found out about them doing their own research.

Imagine not doing that research.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #662 on: August 13, 2021, 11:48:44 AM »
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/football/nfl/player/8073/deshaun-watson

Sports Illustrated's Jenny Ventras reports NFL investigators looking into sexual misconduct allegations against Deshaun Watson were hostile in questioning two of Watson's accusers.
Lisa Friel and Jennifer Gaffney, who run the league's personal conduct investigations, asked the accusers what they were wearing at the time of the alleged sexual assaults and were "trying to trip up" the women during questioning, Ventras reported. Houston police, the women said, were "very respectful and trauma-informed" in their questioning of Watson's alleged victims, in stark contrast to the NFL's hostility. Meanwhile, NFL Commission Roger Goodell surprisingly did not place Watson on the Commissioner's Exempt List, which removes players from the field while letting them to collect their salary during investigations. Ventras reported two of Watson's accusers were frustrated by the league's media arm ignoring their allegations in reporting on Watson during training camp. The league has reportedly interviewed ten women accusing Watson of sexual assault while Rusty Hardin, Watson’s attorney, has said all 22 of Watson's accusers are lying about their detailed allegations of sexual misconduct.

FFS, can't these morons in the league office do ANYTHING right.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #663 on: August 13, 2021, 11:51:02 AM »

I wonder if they asked if their Moms were prostitutes.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #664 on: August 13, 2021, 01:37:40 PM »

I really don't think that the NFL should be having its own investigators interrogate victims while there's a police investigation and a range of lawsuits happening. Seems to me like there are all sorts of things that could get very unpleasant and possibly prejudicial.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #665 on: August 13, 2021, 04:39:38 PM »
I really don't think that the NFL should be having its own investigators interrogate victims while there's a police investigation and a range of lawsuits happening. Seems to me like there are all sorts of things that could get very unpleasant and possibly prejudicial.

Do you think the league should be suspending him without any sort of investigation? Or should Watson be eligible to start week 1?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #666 on: August 13, 2021, 06:42:19 PM »
Do you think the league should be suspending him without any sort of investigation? Or should Watson be eligible to start week 1?

I think that that's an interesting question and that there are probably difficulties with any answer. I do think though that the criminal and/or civil justice processes should in no way be affected by Roger's all encompassing need to Protect The ShieldTM.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #667 on: August 21, 2021, 04:57:43 AM »

Read an interesting article about this

Essentially the nfl isn't capable of doing anything right now because they could freak up any legal proceedings, so they won't even investigate Watson.

The unique factor about Watson (vs say Antonio Brown a few years ago) is Watson has not been indicted by a grand jury, but there's a criminal investigation ongoing so he could be. And because of that the expectation is that the NFL won't (and hasn't) suspend him at this time.

So it's completely possible that Watson plays out the entirety of this season not missing a single game. However if Watson is indicted, he could immediately be placed on the commissioners exempt list and be shut down for the year.

So theoretically the Texans could go out clinch the playoffs and then lose Watson to suspension at anytime (presumably for the rest of the season and then some) depending on legal proceedings.

He could also end up playing out the entire season as well. The Texans appear to be one of the worst teams in the league so its likely this is all doesnt, but this could have huge playoff consequences if say there's no movement on any of this until the middle of the playoffs (and the Texans are somehow in them)

(of course I completely forgot the Texans got Tyrod Taylor and that he's going to be their starter, but I imagine there's close to a 0% chance he doesn't get injured like he always does)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:12:19 AM by dcm1602 »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #668 on: September 03, 2021, 08:20:11 AM »
Can someone explain to me how its possible that Deshaun can be under contract to a team, they haven't barred him from their facility in any way while he keeps up his "I'm not going to play for you" posture, he's on the roster, he's under contract and it seems as though he has all the leverage?

How are the Texans not able to suspend him and toll his contract the second they name him a starter and he goes "lol no."

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #669 on: September 03, 2021, 08:42:37 AM »
Can someone explain to me how its possible that Deshaun can be under contract to a team, they haven't barred him from their facility in any way while he keeps up his "I'm not going to play for you" posture, he's on the roster, he's under contract and it seems as though he has all the leverage?

How are the Texans not able to suspend him and toll his contract the second they name him a starter and he goes "lol no."
That would be cancel culture.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #670 on: September 03, 2021, 08:44:24 AM »
That would be cancel culture.

It's incredibly bizarre. I understand why the league can't suspend him yet, but not the team. His conduct outside of any legal issues he may have warrants it.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #671 on: September 03, 2021, 08:58:02 AM »
It's incredibly bizarre. I understand why the league can't suspend him yet, but not the team. His conduct outside of any legal issues he may have warrants it.
I'm just busting your balls.

I think they are just trying to keep as many options open as possible by not rocking the boat.  Forcing choices at this point closes doors.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #672 on: September 03, 2021, 01:04:55 PM »

The best I can come up with is that there doesn't appear to be any kind of status defined in the CBA that would allow them to hold him out of work, he''s not PUP/NFI. I think that the NFLPA would make the argument that they're able to cut him or trade him any time they want, so if he's not on the Commissioner's Naughty Step and he's not injured, the team has to either put him on the roster or let him walk. Suspending him for not wanting to be at the club any longer, especially with his contract paused, would be unreasonable. He's willing to keep coming to work, he just wants them to let him go somewhere else.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #673 on: September 06, 2021, 01:03:10 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath