Author Topic: loltexans  (Read 55148 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: loltexans
« Reply #511 on: January 23, 2021, 01:25:06 PM »
But if he says X number of teams are acceptable, then it doesn't matter what level of preference he has.

Watson's input is purely binary. The Texans would still decide where he goes among the teams he tells them he'd waive the NTC for.
Depends on how they’re operating here. If he gives the Texans a blanket waiver for 3 teams then sure, it doesn’t at all.

If team #1 is interested but team #2 and #3 have a better offer for the Texans, he can still tell them he’ll only waive it for #1.

We don’t know what the process is right now.

If he says
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #512 on: January 23, 2021, 01:29:41 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #513 on: January 23, 2021, 01:42:53 PM »
List the QBs better than Watson in the NFL.
I guess Mahomes and Rodgers.  Could maybe toss Russell Wilson and Josh Allen in the same area as Watson.

No way he's a Jet.  Laws of physics prevent it.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2021, 02:01:21 PM »
I guess Mahomes and Rodgers.  Could maybe toss Russell Wilson and Josh Allen in the same area as Watson.

Yeah but....all gas, no brake.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2021, 02:02:21 PM »

The only two who are definitely better than Watson are Mahomes and Rodgers. I would say Wilson is as well.

So I would put him as QB4 in the league but then again he just lead the league in passing yards and I believe set an NFL record for completion percentage despite an absolute trash supporting cast, changing coaches and having quite likely the least talented team in the league all around if he wasn't on it.

Who knows. But man oh man if he actually were to become a Jet it would be the weirdest moment of virtually all of our fandoms.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2021, 02:02:49 PM »
This is part of why you make the Adams trade. Draft Capitol isn't just used for making draft picks. Now a borderline top-5 qb wants to come to town and nobody can top our draft assets.

If we get Watson, the Adams trade will go down as one of the best trades in franchise history

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #517 on: January 23, 2021, 02:03:27 PM »
All gas, no brake

Are you suggesting that this new philosophy of Saleh's defies the laws of physics and thus makes it possible that it can actually happen

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #518 on: January 23, 2021, 02:04:45 PM »
This is part of why you make the Adams trade. Draft Capitol isn't just used for making draft picks. Now a borderline top-5 qb wants to come to town and nobody can top our draft assets.

If we get Watson, the Adams trade will go down as one of the best trades in franchise history

Quite likely the second most important trade in franchise history, with the first being acquiring Watson himself

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #519 on: January 23, 2021, 02:18:07 PM »
Quite likely the second most important trade in franchise history, with the first being acquiring Watson himself
I might argue the Adams trade would be more important.

While I think it was a no-brainer to make that trade, clearly some didn't. Note: I don't think it was a no-brainer to trade Adams - I just think it was a no-brainer to deal him for that package.

Trading picks for Watson would be a pretty obvious move IMO, and it would likely be impossible (or it would hurt a LOT more) if we didn't have the extra picks.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #520 on: January 23, 2021, 02:22:55 PM »
Just imagine if we hadn't won those 2 games. We might be able to trade #1 for Watson almost straight up and not have to add 2-3 more 1st-round picks.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #521 on: January 23, 2021, 02:30:42 PM »
Just imagine if we hadn't won those 2 games. We might be able to trade #1 for Watson almost straight up and not have to add 2-3 more 1st-round picks.

I could also see Douglas making the choice not to make said trade. Then it would be a lot of hoping that Lawrence would be an elite prospect who became not just an elite QB but a top 3 QB in football.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #522 on: January 23, 2021, 02:35:07 PM »
I could also see Douglas making the choice not to make said trade. Then it would be a lot of hoping that Lawrence would be an elite prospect who became not just an elite QB but a top 3 QB in football.

Yep. It's a fair debate on Lawrence vs Watson considering each guy's contract situation.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #523 on: January 23, 2021, 02:41:39 PM »
Given that Schefter was on ESPN about 2 days ago telling Mike Greenberg NOT to get his hopes up but still felt it far more likely Watson would be traded from Houston, just not to the Jets, I have my doubts that A dolphins beat guy (who reminds many of Manish) has inside info from the Watson camp on where he would prefer to play more so than Schefter would.

But freak it I hope this duckweed is right
Maybe texans told him they wouldn't trade him to the afc?

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #524 on: January 23, 2021, 02:47:46 PM »
Fap material

Trade 3 1st for watson
Trade darnold for a 2nd
Trade crowder for a 3rd + 5th
Draft kadarius Toney
Draft Etienne
Sign A rob
Sign Thuney

Watson
Etienne
A rob
Mims
Toney
Herndon
Becton
Thuney
McGovern
Van roten
Fant

I'm not a fan of drafting running backs high, but Watson, Etienne, and Toney in this offense with two down field threats would be unbelievable

Tags: