Author Topic: loltexans  (Read 55169 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: loltexans
« Reply #465 on: January 20, 2021, 04:21:34 PM »
Tua fuckin sucks

Hopefully Miami disagrees
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #466 on: January 20, 2021, 04:24:33 PM »
I'm not a fan of Tua. But putting my Texans hat on, taking him as part of the trade means I can give him a two year run out and see if he can develop while I use the picks I got for Watson to build out the rest of the roster. Of course, all of this is dependent upon the new head coach and his view of Tua, and he's not there yet. I can't believe that anything is going to happen with Watson until there's a head coach in place.

As the Texans, you can execute the same exact plan with Darnold instead of Tua. But in this scenario you have the 2 pick, which is more valuable than the 3 pick and ripe for a massive trade down haul.

Like I said, if I’m the Texans GM, this trade is not about Tua vs Darnold. It’s about the value of the 2 pick vs the 3 pick.

The 2 pick allows you to take your next franchise QB. The only other move here is a trade down and the 2 pick makes that more likely.

My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #467 on: January 20, 2021, 04:25:58 PM »
Hopefully Miami disagrees

I mean, they did draft him #5 overall, over Justin Herbert, less than a year ago.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #468 on: January 20, 2021, 04:27:32 PM »
Educate me on Metchie

Catches everything.  Deep speed.  He's the man next year.  Bill O'Brien will probably ruin him. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #469 on: January 20, 2021, 04:28:12 PM »
As the Texans, you can execute the same exact plan with Darnold instead of Tua. But in this scenario you have the 2 pick, which is more valuable than the 3 pick and ripe for a massive trade down haul.

Like I said, if I’m the Texans GM, this trade is not about Tua vs Darnold. It’s about the value of the 2 pick vs the 3 pick.

The 2 pick allows you to take your next franchise QB. The only other move here is a trade down and the 2 pick makes that more likely.

Yeah, but Darnold only has one year left, Tua has three. That roster isn't a one year rebuild project.

Agreed that it's not Tua v Darnold, but Tua has more value than Darnold given either would presumably be on the table. If I were Caserio I'd have more interest in Tua - I think Darnold has more talent, but Tua is the more valuable piece right now.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #470 on: January 20, 2021, 04:29:09 PM »
If Miami gets Deshaun Watson, they immediately become a top three NFL team.  Not just AFC, but NFL.  Their defense is loaded.  Watson elevates them.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #471 on: January 20, 2021, 04:30:33 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #472 on: January 20, 2021, 04:31:10 PM »
Yeah, but Darnold only has one year left, Tua has three. That roster isn't a one year rebuild project.

Agreed that it's not Tua v Darnold, but Tua has more value than Darnold given either would presumably be on the table. If I were Caserio I'd have more interest in Tua - I think Darnold has more talent, but Tua is the more valuable piece right now.

Can they pick up Darnold’s option? Or can we pick it up and then trade him? Where is dcm

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #473 on: January 20, 2021, 04:32:37 PM »
Can they pick up Darnold’s option? Or can we pick it up and then trade him? Where is dcm

I don't know the answer to the first, but I'm sure that we can pick it up and then trade him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #474 on: January 20, 2021, 04:40:27 PM »
The most Jets thing that could happen happen would be to land Watson in a trade only for him to suffer a terrible triad in TC and leave us with James Morgan.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #475 on: January 20, 2021, 05:36:07 PM »
The most Jets thing that could happen happen would be to land Watson in a trade only for him to suffer a terrible triad in TC and leave us with James Morgan.

user was banned for this post

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #476 on: January 20, 2021, 07:05:59 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #477 on: January 20, 2021, 08:30:35 PM »
Just interesting to observe the swing of people wanting the Jets to trade out and stockpile picks. And days later the discussion is the Jets trading all their picks and future picks instead

It's a pretty monumental swing. Regardless having a 25 year old franchise QB would be freaking exciting

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #478 on: January 20, 2021, 08:38:58 PM »
Just interesting to observe the swing of people wanting the Jets to trade out and stockpile picks. And days later the discussion is the Jets trading all their picks and future picks instead

It's a pretty monumental swing. Regardless having a 25 year old franchise QB would be freaking exciting

Yea, really weird. It’s like a completely new, unpredicted scenario cropped up.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #479 on: January 20, 2021, 09:21:04 PM »
I still think he patches things up with Houston.

Tags: