Author Topic: loltexans  (Read 55175 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: loltexans
« Reply #450 on: January 20, 2021, 10:33:36 AM »
Why cut the best defensive back in the NFL?  Why even suggest that? 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #451 on: January 20, 2021, 10:34:09 AM »
If I’m trading Watson, it’s not to get Tua or Darnold. It’s to get the 2 or 3 pick and draft a QB. Not many other players make sense with that pick and it’s the only way you can sell moving on from Watson to your fanbase. Not with some QB from another organization they were perfectly content getting rid of.

Would you rather have your choice at 2 or the leftovers at 3?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #452 on: January 20, 2021, 10:37:11 AM »
Yeah but you don't need to cut any of them, you just need to restructure one or two a bit. Remember that OTC is working with an assumed cap number of $176M which is only for next year based upon the revenue impact of the lockdown, after that we can expect it to be north of $200M so you only have to kick the can down the road for one year and then things open up again.

If I am reading OTC correctly they are actually planning for a 2022 cap of about 227.5 million and a 2023 cap of $241 million and a 2024 cap of $256 million

And you are right, restructures can and will happen across the league for sure. As I said if I was the Dolphins FO I wouldn't let that stop me from going after Watson. But from our perspective hopefully it just makes it either harder to get a deal for the Fish or they actually believe in Tua and want to give it a go with him.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #453 on: January 20, 2021, 10:39:16 AM »
If I’m trading Watson, it’s not to get Tua or Darnold. It’s to get the 2 or 3 pick and draft a QB. Not many other players make sense with that pick and it’s the only way you can sell moving on from Watson to your fanbase. Not with some QB from another organization they were perfectly content getting rid of.

I mean, it all depends what the Texans think of Tua and Darnold. Most likely, they would want to start over with their new guy. But maybe they really like Tua or Darnold. If they really like Tua, then our leverage drops a ton because Tua has more value than Darnold, especially if the Texans are willing to roll with Tua. Most likely, you're right, they would rather get their own guy.

It also matters how much they view the difference between Fields/Wilson. If they think it's close, the difference of picks is important but not a dealbreaker. If they love one and hate the other at 2, then it's a huge deal.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #454 on: January 20, 2021, 10:39:27 AM »

If I'm the Texans I'm seeing a cheap young QB who was drafted high, whose bonus is already paid by someone else, and a whole bunch of opportunity to not worry about that position for a couple of years while I'm rebuilding. It isn't Tua or the #3. If I'm Caserio I'd take Tua ahead of a 2023 first rounder from a team who just got Watson.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #455 on: January 20, 2021, 10:40:11 AM »
Why cut the best defensive back in the NFL?  Why even suggest that? 

Financially speaking it saves the most space for them. But they obviously wouldn't cut Howard or Ogbah for pretty much anything after the seasons they just had. My point is there isn't a "simple" cap space creating solution that doesn't kick the can down the road for Miami.

I was just point out ultimately that from a continuing to build after landing Watson situation, we are in better shape to do so than Miami. Now Miami doesn't need to build nearly as far as we do. So who knows who is really in a better position to compete for titles in the next 3 seasons of the two of us if we were to acquire Watson. I just want us to have that chance.
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #458 on: January 20, 2021, 11:13:23 AM »
https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1351928005757693955?s=21

LOLSTADIUM UPDATE

a-rob ridin his baby momma derriere all the way back to paterson nj

lets do this

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #459 on: January 20, 2021, 04:05:18 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #460 on: January 20, 2021, 04:12:40 PM »
If I'm the Texans I'm seeing a cheap young QB who was drafted high, whose bonus is already paid by someone else, and a whole bunch of opportunity to not worry about that position for a couple of years while I'm rebuilding. It isn't Tua or the #3. If I'm Caserio I'd take Tua ahead of a 2023 first rounder from a team who just got Watson.

I think I’m a lot lower on Tua then you are. I was predraft and then wasn’t impressed by what I saw/heard this year. He got benched for Fitz in the Denver game and sat out the Jets game. His stats were fine (other than YPA) and he was relatively efficient. But if you saw what the Miami beat reporters/fans were saying, they ran 2 completely different offense with Fitz and Tua out there. Tua’s offense was all dinks, dunks, checkdowns. Very horizontal. Fitz was 7.8/att and Tua was 6.3/att. Not shocking for a rookie, but why not open up the playbook for him if they were truly trying to evaluate him.

Both Wilson and Fields are better prospects than Tua and have much higher upside. excrement, Mac Jones was more productive than him in the same offense minus Jeudy and Ruggs. One could make the argument that even he’s a better prospect.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 04:14:22 PM by SixFeetDeep »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #461 on: January 20, 2021, 04:14:04 PM »
Tua fuckin sucks

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #462 on: January 20, 2021, 04:15:25 PM »
excrement, Mac Jones was more productive than him in the same offense minus Jeudy and Ruggs.

Smith, a few games of Waddle, and Metchie is better than Jeudy/Ruggs

(FWIW, I'd rather have Mac Jones in the NFL)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #463 on: January 20, 2021, 04:20:33 PM »
Smith, a few games of Waddle, and Metchie is better than Jeudy/Ruggs

(FWIW, I'd rather have Mac Jones in the NFL)

Smith had 1250 yards and 14 TDs Tua’s Jr. year. Waddle had 6 TDs.

Educate me on Metchie

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #464 on: January 20, 2021, 04:20:34 PM »
I think I’m a lot lower on Tua then you are. I was predraft and then wasn’t impressed by what I saw/heard this year. He got benched for Fitz in the Denver game and sat out the Jets game. His stats were fine (other than YPA) and he was relatively efficient. But if you saw what the Miami beat reporters/fans were saying, they ran 2 completely different offense with Fitz and Tua out there. Tua’s offense was all dinks, dunks, checkdowns. Very horizontal. Fitz was 7.8/att and Tua was 6.3/att. Not shocking for a rookie, but why not open up the playbook for him if they were truly trying to evaluate him.

Both Wilson and Fields are better prospects than Tua and have much higher upside. excrement, Mac Jones was more productive than him in the same offense minus Jeudy and Ruggs. One could make the argument that even he’s a better prospect.

I'm not a fan of Tua. But putting my Texans hat on, taking him as part of the trade means I can give him a two year run out and see if he can develop while I use the picks I got for Watson to build out the rest of the roster. Of course, all of this is dependent upon the new head coach and his view of Tua, and he's not there yet. I can't believe that anything is going to happen with Watson until there's a head coach in place.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: