Author Topic: loltexans  (Read 55091 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
loltexans
« on: June 13, 2019, 01:40:59 PM »
The Texans are so boring a team that it appears we've never had an excuse to start a loltexans thread. Until now.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840874-ex-texans-gm-brian-gaine-accused-of-targeting-firing-african-american-employees

It comes as a huge surprise to me that Bob McNair would hire someone who behaved like this.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 01:42:32 PM by Johnny English »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: loltexans
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 02:46:29 PM »
The Texans are so boring a team that it appears we've never had an excuse to start a loltexans thread. Until now.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840874-ex-texans-gm-brian-gaine-accused-of-targeting-firing-african-american-employees

It comes as a huge surprise to me that Bob McNair would hire someone who behaved like this.

Gaine scouted for the Jets from 1999-2004
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 02:52:40 PM »
Not to mention the patriots now trying to target them for tampering and even make them trade for a new GM

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 04:41:30 PM »
Dolphins are the current favorite to trade for Clowney

Would prefer him to go elsewhere, hopefully the 49ers or eagles land him. Either that or the Dolphins wildly overpay salary and compensation wise

Ornstein

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 04:56:52 PM »

Would prefer him to go elsewhere, hopefully the 49ers or eagles land him. Either that or the Dolphins wildly overpay salary and compensation wise

Fitzpatrick and Clowney make them a 6 win team I think. Just enough wins to miss out on a blue chip QB hopefully.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 05:01:15 PM »
Fitzpatrick and Clowney make them a 6 win team I think. Just enough wins to miss out on a blue chip QB hopefully.
They already have the Chosen Rosen though

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 05:28:14 PM »

I hope they tank for Tua.  He will stink in the NFL. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 05:30:22 PM »

Not sure what Clowney is worth, but I'd think they can get a 1st for him

Though Miami would be batshit crazy to part with their 1st in a year they have Fitzpatrick and Rosen as their QB's and are essentially in a full rebuild
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 05:35:00 PM by dcm1602 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 05:32:57 PM »

Apparently he doesn't really want to go there, he wants Seattle or Philly. He's out of contract so I don't know how this works, he hasn't signed his tag so I guess he must have some fair leverage.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 05:36:48 PM »
Apparently he doesn't really want to go there, he wants Seattle or Philly. He's out of contract so I don't know how this works, he hasn't signed his tag so I guess he must have some fair leverage.

Well he has fair leverage because nobody is trading a 1st or 2nd round pick unless he signs an extension. So all he has to do is say I'm not signing an extension with Miami thus making his value that of an expensive one year rental

But I have no idea how him being out of contract works regardless. I'd imagine any trade is predicated on him agreeing to a new contract
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 05:38:19 PM by dcm1602 »

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 05:37:02 PM »
However, a deal hasn't been done yet because there's one kind of big issue standing in the way: Clowney doesn't really want to play for the Dolphins.

Clowney won't play for the Fins, AB won't play for the Bills.  I'd laugh if we hadn't been Barred this off-season. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 05:41:08 PM »
Clowney won't play for the Fins, AB won't play for the Bills.  I'd laugh if we hadn't been Barred this off-season. 

No state tax, no QB to pay, and they have a lot less talent to pay than the 49ers or eagles.

I would wager Clowney can walk away with over 10 million more in his pocket with Miami than the other two. Not sure if that'll be enoguh to make him go to the circus, but that'll get a lot of guys attention

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2019, 11:24:18 PM »
Rumor is the Texans are offering Clowney and a 1st for Tunsil, and the Dolphins are asking for more than that

That'd be pretty shitty to see

Though if Clowney walks after a half year not so much

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2019, 11:56:09 PM »
Rumor is the Texans are offering Clowney and a 1st for Tunsil, and the Dolphins are asking for more than that

That'd be pretty shitty to see

Though if Clowney walks after a half year not so much

Laremy Tunsil is the best left tackle in football.  Trading him makes Miami worse. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2019, 05:03:25 PM »
Apparently Clowney has been "adamant" he wants nothing to do with the Dolphins, sounds like Clowney to the Dolphins is dead

Tags: