Author Topic: Doug-E Jets  (Read 10773 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Doug-E Jets
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2019, 02:26:44 PM »
I think I said trade Bell a day or two ago.

And I still say it. Everyone should be available except Sam Darnold, and only because it's the most difficult position to fill in sports. Yes, that even includes Adams if you get a haul back for him.

This team is 3 or more years away from competing. What are you holding onto Bell for? I don't think there was a person on the planet who wanted him here more than me last year. But what good is he to us now? In 3 years, he'll be 30. Playing behind this line, he'll be 30 by December.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2019, 02:31:23 PM »
How did you get “trading bell” from my post?

I said he is untouchable

That's my point. You're saying he's untouchable, I'm saying it would benefit this team significantly, despite being tremendously scummy.

If we could trade Bell in some bizarro world for a 2nd round pick while enjoying massive cash savings you have to seriously consider it. We signed him thinking this team was ready to compete for the playoffs. That's not the case. Bells talents will be completely wasted here, and by the time we can compete he's going to be a shell of his formerself.

The dudes window is maybe 2 more years, and he's not accomplishing anything win wise or statistically behind one of most horrendous offensive lines in the league

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2019, 02:33:06 PM »
Trading Bell would be absolutely freaking stupid especially since he's acting in a kind of leadership capacity. Also sends a great message to future free agents about their staying power here.

I'd much rather trade Robby than anyone on the offense assuming we can get proper compensation.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2019, 02:41:54 PM »
Trading Bell would be absolutely freaking stupid especially since he's acting in a kind of leadership capacity. Also sends a great message to future free agents about their staying power here.

I'd much rather trade Robby than anyone on the offense assuming we can get proper compensation.

It does but you have to consider that Bell was signed by a previous GM. So Douglas can at least say that he has a different vision for the team blah blah blah. And if we sign a new head coach you can say he's not a fit for the system etc

That said robbie needs to go asap
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 02:44:45 PM by dcm1602 »

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2019, 02:43:18 PM »

This team is 3 or more years away from competing. What are you holding onto Bell for? I don't think there was a person on the planet who wanted him here more than me last year. But what good is he to us now? In 3 years, he'll be 30. Playing behind this line, he'll be 30 by December.

I don't know about three years. We went from 1-15 to 12-4 in two years, if Douglas is a decent GM he can have us competitive by next year. For a young QB a RB like Bell is an important guy to have around. Can't just strip it down and expect Sam to develop in a vacuum.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2019, 02:54:35 PM »
I don't know about three years. We went from 1-15 to 12-4 in two years, if Douglas is a decent GM he can have us competitive by next year. For a young QB a RB like Bell is an important guy to have around. Can't just strip it down and expect Sam to develop in a vacuum.

It's not that Bell isn't valuable. It's his value is way stripped down when we don't have the talent around him to get much out of him

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2019, 03:14:13 PM »

The entire offensive line need to be rebuilt. This team needs 2 wide receivers, assuming Anderson leaves. I have no faith Enunwa's ever going to stay healthy.

The defense is always one year away from being a legitimate playoff unit, and even with the lack of quality CBs and a pass rusher, I still think it it's close.

But things are going to change. How much longer can McClendon play? Anderson has disappeared. Q could be a star, but we have to assume Leo is gone. As much as we won't like it, the defense will need to be addressed in the draft.

And we need 5 offensive linemen. I know guards grow on trees, and all, but you're not replacing at least 4 of them (hoping Edoga pans out) in one year.

4 OL
2 WR
2 CB
1 OLB
1 DL

At minimum, that's 10 players that need to be acquired. The Jets, for once, aren't going into an offseason with deep pockets. It's going to take a couple of years to get the personnel built.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: