Author Topic: Doug-E Jets  (Read 10576 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: Doug-E Jets
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »
the fvck is up with meaning of schefter's tweet. why was douglas saying 'no' to us every single time

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 08:34:18 PM »
the fvck is up with meaning of schefter's tweet. why was douglas saying 'no' to us every single time

I'd like to think it's because he's an expert negotiator who knew his leverage and held out for the best possible deal. 

Or he's just a freaking cocktease. 

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 08:35:42 PM »
I'd like to think it's because he's an expert negotiator who knew his leverage and held out for the best possible deal. 

i think it's the first point you mentioned as well, but the way he wrote it was weird, left it up to interpretation that the jets job was one that he just did not really want

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 08:36:23 PM »

Also that cockhead Jimmy Sexton owns our coach, QB, and GM
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 08:40:50 PM »
i think it's the first point you mentioned as well, but the way he wrote it was weird, left it up to interpretation that the jets job was one that he just did not really want

Schefter very much makes it sound like we raped Joe Douglas. 

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 08:44:29 PM »
My guess is Douglas knows he's a quality candidate who can get a lot of different jobs. The Jets on paper aren't a good job with bad ownership, a bad track record, and a mediocre roster. But we made him an offer he couldn't refuse, and we do have Darnold.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 09:12:47 PM »
My guess is Douglas knows he's a quality candidate who can get a lot of different jobs. The Jets on paper aren't a good job with bad ownership, a bad track record, and a mediocre roster. But we made him an offer he couldn't refuse, and we do have Darnold.

there are only 32 GM jobs, with only one opening prior to today. i rock back and forth on the pessimism train and can totally see why others view the jets as ugly, but i think the reason it took as long as it did to secure douglas was due to us undergoing the search process very slowly for some reason, and Douglas knowing he had all of the leverage in the situation to get as much financial + job security as he could.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2019, 09:20:24 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2019, 09:40:46 PM »
there are only 32 GM jobs, with only one opening prior to today. i rock back and forth on the pessimism train and can totally see why others view the jets as ugly, but i think the reason it took as long as it did to secure douglas was due to us undergoing the search process very slowly for some reason, and Douglas knowing he had all of the leverage in the situation to get as much financial + job security as he could.
There are too many examples of quality candidates turning down interviews with the Jets and other teams where I don't really buy the "there are only 32 GM jobs" argument. That works for some guys. Joe Douglas had options.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2019, 09:50:53 PM »
Really glad we locked him up before Houston could come after him
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2019, 10:25:38 PM »
The Jets are a meme.  The only teams that could compete in general mockingness were the Raiders and the Browns, and no one cares as much about hating those teams as dumb fat hillbillies care about clowning on NY.

Reputations take a long time to change.  Bell originally didn't want to come here and he's basically a miserable Jets fan at heart.

doesn't surprise me at all that a fat slob who isn't a redneck only because he doesn't actually have a neck was also originally disinclined to acquiesce to the jets' request

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2019, 01:13:03 AM »
Dave Portnoy tweeted Todd McShay would become our "VP of Personal."

I assume he meant personnel, but either way, if Jason McIntyre and Dave Portnoy break scoops on the same day, I will need a break from the internet...

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2019, 02:32:11 AM »
sounds like once we heard about houston, we said take whatever you want, which is alright.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 02:32:33 AM »
until he signs, i'll expect him to backout and goto houston

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2019, 06:53:00 AM »
until he signs, i'll expect him to backout and goto houston
I'd be surprised if this didnt happen.

Tags: