Author Topic: 2019 OTA’s  (Read 8000 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
2019 OTA’s
« on: May 23, 2019, 12:38:54 PM »
Encouraging sign: Jets RT Brandon Shell (knee surgery) is with the first team in 11on11 team drills.

Not so encouraging sign: S Marcus Maye (shoulder) is not participating in team drills. Doug Middleton starting for him.

Manish
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: 2019 OTA’s
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 12:40:28 PM »
Rookie #Jets LB Blake Cashman just licked off Trevor Siemian

Connor Hughes, lol

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 12:41:34 PM »
This is interesting: #Jets QBs are doing a drill with Dowell Loggains where they practice fielding bad snaps (low, high, off center).

aka the Spencer Long drill

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 12:42:23 PM »
Leonard Williams and Kelechi Osemele do some pushing and shoving. A minor May scuffle #nyj

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 12:43:24 PM »
“There it is: Gregg Williams has brought his ‘come get some, bitch’ huddle break to the Jets.”

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 12:56:07 PM »
Apparently Darnold is already throwing darts to Robby Anderson and Enoooonway
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »
Good to see Marcus Maye-be in regular season form so early.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 02:20:09 PM »
Good to see Marcus Maye-be in regular season form so early.

this post somewhat depresses me. if he stays healthy he is a good player. but part of what makes a good player is the ability to stay healthy and be there for your team.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 08:56:29 AM »
this post somewhat depresses me. if he stays healthy he is a good player. but part of what makes a good player is the ability to stay healthy and be there for your team.

We'll always have that INT in Cleveland. More than Gholston ever did.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 12:29:26 PM »
Connor Hughes’ story about Gase offense in The Athletic

Gase’s offense

It’s still so early, but it was interesting to watch an offense run by someone other than Jeremy Bates. I forgot what competence looks like.

The complexity of Gase’s scheme will undoubtedly advance as the weeks come and go, but early on it looks as if he will give Darnold options on each play. What I mean by that is there are players open to him on every level. He can go short, intermediate, or, as he did multiple times on Thursday, deep. There’s also a creativity to Gase’s calls that I haven’t seen from a Jets offensive coordinator in recent years. Plays in the past seemed designed not to get a receiver open, but to get a specific receiver running a specific route open. Crowder did different things than Enunwa, who did different things than Anderson, who did different things than Herndon.

And as for trick plays, those of which have been extinct from New York’s playbook, I’d expect them to run a couple this year.

“It’s aggressive,” Darnold said of Gase’s scheme. “We won’t be shy. I’m going to sling it around a little bit. It’s going to be fun.”

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 02:20:14 PM »

Gase’s offense

It’s still so early, but it was interesting to watch an offense run by someone other than Jeremy Bates. I forgot what competence looks like.

The complexity of Gase’s scheme will undoubtedly advance as the weeks come and go, but early on it looks as if he will give Darnold options on each play. What I mean by that is there are players open to him on every level. He can go short, intermediate, or, as he did multiple times on Thursday, deep. There’s also a creativity to Gase’s calls that I haven’t seen from a Jets offensive coordinator in recent years. Plays in the past seemed designed not to get a receiver open, but to get a specific receiver running a specific route open. Crowder did different things than Enunwa, who did different things than Anderson, who did different things than Herndon.

And as for trick plays, those of which have been extinct from New York’s playbook, I’d expect them to run a couple this year.

“It’s aggressive,” Darnold said of Gase’s scheme. “We won’t be shy. I’m going to sling it around a little bit. It’s going to be fun.”

#FireGase
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »

Gase’s offense

Awesome.

You do know that Bates was the OC and that Gase is the HC, right? And that the single biggest problem we've had for the last decade is that we've had head coaches who only give a excrement about one side of the ball, and abdicate responsibility for the other side to someone else? You remember that, surely?

Why is it suddenly good that we're doing the exact same thing all over again but with someone less suited to being a head coach than the last two were?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2019, 07:16:47 PM »
Awesome.

You do know that Bates was the OC and that Gase is the HC, right? And that the single biggest problem we've had for the last decade is that we've had head coaches who only give a excrement about one side of the ball, and abdicate responsibility for the other side to someone else? You remember that, surely?

Why is it suddenly good that we're doing the exact same thing all over again but with someone less suited to being a head coach than the last two were?

I think we can all agree that the best coordinator on the opposite side of the ball from our head coaches specialty is Greg Williams.

He trumps Bates, Gailey, Sparano and Schottenheimer without question in my eyes
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2019, 09:23:09 PM »
Awesome.

The biggest difference is offense is exponentially more important than defense in today's NFL.

Yeah you're probably not winning a SB with a top 5 offense and bottom 5 defense, but you'll be pretty freaking close.

Not to mention even if we have a historically bad defense under gase, if he can put Darnold in a good place to be an elite franchise QB for the next 15 years I'd say it's still worth it

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 08:37:17 AM »
Awesome.

The biggest problem with Rex and Bowles was that neither was a great coach. Most coaches have an area they specialize in.

The article was about how Adam Gase's offense looks with Sam Darnold. Your takeaway for some reason was that he doesnt care about the defense.

I'm fine if you want to ignore a May fluff piece but nothing in this article has anything to do with your conclusion.

Tags: