Author Topic: #Blessuaned  (Read 13871 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: #Blessuaned
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2019, 12:42:41 PM »
You have to also wonder if the Austin pick was all Maccagnan. We don't know if Gregg Williams had any say in the pick.

It may also be valid that Bowles and his staff sucked at development, but how many guys Maccagnan drafted are even still on active rosters?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2019, 12:45:23 PM »
Nice to have a starter come from late in the draft. Imagine how gangsta this defense would be if Tru Johnson wasn’t a bag of excrement, our LB were healthy, and we find a decent pass rusher in FA/Draft

I've thought about this a lot. Imagine if Williamson and Mosley were healthy all year? This defense could've been so much better.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2019, 03:04:00 PM »
Idzik and Mac would have made quite a combo together. Mac had some solid drafts and Idzik knew how to pinch pennies with the best.
Idzik never did anything clever or special, he just used the outs that were written into Tanny's contracts.

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »
Austin looks like he actually belongs. Some seriously impressive play from him today..or maybe my bar has been set really low after watching the crap they have trotted out on the field at CB.

Just for context this was against the possibility worst offense in the league. Longest streak without a td in 20 years

One of us was right, and of us was wrong.

Apparently he's PFF's top graded corner in the NFL over the last three weeks.

DCM was wrong. But just for context, this was against the possibility worst poster in the history. Longest streak without a coherent or logical post in 20 years
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 05:34:14 PM by klaximilian »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2019, 06:01:49 PM »
Pray his ACL holds up.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2019, 09:12:27 PM »

DCM was wrong. But just for context, this was against the possibility worst poster in the history. Longest streak without a coherent or logical post in 20 years

We're not going to be able to pay dcm and Puck both next year.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2019, 03:54:02 AM »
Blessy Thanksgiving y'all.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2019, 06:02:38 PM »
Fewest yards per cover snap allowed since Week 10

(among 45 qualified CBs)

1. Shaquill Griffin (0.40)
2. Richard Sherman (0.45)
3. Byron Jones (0.47)
4. Stephon Gilmore (0.57)
5. Blessuan Austin (0.72)

Nania
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2019, 06:03:59 PM »
Yeah, some of Maccagnan's draftees are starting to look pretty decent. You start to wonder how many of his failures (outside of Hackenberg) were him making excrement picks, and how many were down to Bowles and his staff freaking them up.

This argument doesn’t hold up, most of Duff’s draft picks arent in the league anymore if they aren’t on the Jets. If they weren’t excrement picks they would have jobs on another team.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2019, 07:48:50 PM »
Bless is the new PFF Brandon Shell. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2019, 09:24:54 AM »
This argument doesn’t hold up, most of Duff’s draft picks arent in the league anymore if they aren’t on the Jets. If they weren’t excrement picks they would have jobs on another team.

That's a bit simplistic and overlooks a couple of major points. The first year or two of most players in the NFL is when they learn to be an effective NFL player, if they're badly coached at that stage then they probably won't amount to anything later. There's the odd guy who figures it out later, but that's usually a high pick who gets a new coach.

Once we've had them a couple of years and then cut them, they're damaged goods. They've become a reclamation project and the new coach has to really believe in their underlying talent to do that, if they even get a second chance with a different team.

I'm not saying that Macc made great picks, just that the coaching staff certainly didn't do him or his players any favours.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2019, 10:37:10 AM »

It's like Enunwa coming around after Idzik was gone, an exception to the rule that most of the picks were garbage. I think as Jet fans we've just forgotten what a good draft is supposed to look like, it should be more than 3-5 good guys in three drafts, most of whom we don't re-sign. We have to go back to early Tannenbaum or look at other teams to see what a good draft should be.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2019, 02:31:10 PM »
That's a bit simplistic and overlooks a couple of major points. The first year or two of most players in the NFL is when they learn to be an effective NFL player, if they're badly coached at that stage then they probably won't amount to anything later. There's the odd guy who figures it out later, but that's usually a high pick who gets a new coach.

Once we've had them a couple of years and then cut them, they're damaged goods. They've become a reclamation project and the new coach has to really believe in their underlying talent to do that, if they even get a second chance with a different team.

I'm not saying that Macc made great picks, just that the coaching staff certainly didn't do him or his players any favours.

I don’t disagree with your point, but look at the actual Jets picks objectively. What NFL coach is turning Jachai Polite or Hackenberg into a productive NFL player?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2019, 03:02:35 PM »
I don’t disagree with your point, but look at the actual Jets picks objectively. What NFL coach is turning Jachai Polite or Hackenberg into a productive NFL player?
Ok, but on the flipside there's no way that either of those two players weren't getting picked by someone, Hackenberg because he was an interesting project and Polite because despite being a total prick he was outrageously talented.

Macc picked both too early, but we didn't have the right coaches to get anything out of either of them. (It's quite possible that no one does, but that doesn't mean that either of them couldn't have become NFL players.)
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2019, 05:08:51 PM »

Tags: