Author Topic: #Blessuaned  (Read 13607 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: #Blessuaned
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2019, 10:03:23 PM »
It seems Maccagnan finally got it right in his last draft 🤦🏽‍♂️

Other than the 3rd round pick who was so bad we had to cut him?

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2019, 10:13:16 PM »
Other than the 3rd round pick who was so bad we had to cut him?

Usually that happened with the 2nd round pick 🤷🏽‍♂️

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2019, 09:02:40 AM »
Bless Up
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2019, 10:26:08 AM »
It's the dudes first practice. Let's reel it in a little

Making it to practice in year 2 is a tremendous accomplishment for one of our non top-6 draft picks.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 11:06:31 AM »
Making it to practice in year 2 is a tremendous accomplishment for one of our non top-6 draft picks.

This isn’t even hyperbole
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2019, 05:35:07 PM »
i would play him the rest of the season. he has some physical tools; see if he can prove his ability to stay healthy and see what he can give us. this kid was better than hairston for sure, and we should just cut our ties with johnson

one of the annoying things about last year was not giving derrick jones more time on the field. he probably would have amounted to nothing anyways but one of the things to strive for in an otherwise lost season is to see what the young players on your roster can do

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2019, 10:01:44 AM »
i would play him the rest of the season. he has some physical tools; see if he can prove his ability to stay healthy and see what he can give us. this kid was better than hairston for sure, and we should just cut our ties with johnson

one of the annoying things about last year was not giving derrick jones more time on the field. he probably would have amounted to nothing anyways but one of the things to strive for in an otherwise lost season is to see what the young players on your roster can do

When you refuse to fire a hot-seat coach in-season he manages the games as best he can to save his job. He doesn't worry about the future he might not be around for.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2019, 11:19:14 AM »
If he's any good he'll get time. He'll probably get time now even if he isn't.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2019, 05:23:27 PM »
When you refuse to fire a hot-seat coach in-season he manages the games as best he can to save his job. He doesn't worry about the future he might not be around for.

this was very much a part of what happened last year (and what may happen this year as well) but there was definitely a time last year where bowles was a lame duck coach that we all knew wouldn't be here next year, and he should have gotten messages from the top of the organization about prioritizing starting/playing young players to see what they got. even if it was 3-4 games, it's something. we saw jones play in like the last game of the season, that's all. i hope similar things don't happen this season. there is literally no point in playing johnson

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2019, 10:55:01 AM »
this was very much a part of what happened last year (and what may happen this year as well) but there was definitely a time last year where bowles was a lame duck coach that we all knew wouldn't be here next year, and he should have gotten messages from the top of the organization about prioritizing starting/playing young players to see what they got. even if it was 3-4 games, it's something. we saw jones play in like the last game of the season, that's all. i hope similar things don't happen this season. there is literally no point in playing johnson

Why would Bowles follow that directive even if it was given to him (or Gase, if the situation comes up)? It's not in the lame duck coach's best interest to "see what the team has"; it's in his best interest to manage the games as well as he can to put on his resume.

That said, more and more I feel like Gase will not be a lame duck, no matter what happens the rest of the way.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2019, 10:36:52 PM »
Austin looks like he actually belongs. Some seriously impressive play from him today..or maybe my bar has been set really low after watching the crap they have trotted out on the field at CB.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2019, 11:14:57 PM »
Austin looks like he actually belongs. Some seriously impressive play from him today..or maybe my bar has been set really low after watching the crap they have trotted out on the field at CB.

Just for context this was against the possibility worst offense in the league. Longest streak without a td in 20 years

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2019, 03:10:53 AM »
He looks like he tries against the run. Revis was the last CB we drafted that I could say that about.

DC is a weak offensive team, I'll wait to see his performance against better players before I start developing an opinion on his coverage. I definitely want to see more of him on the field, though.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: