Author Topic: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou  (Read 74700 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou
« Reply #435 on: November 30, 2020, 04:09:00 PM »
I highly doubt Lawrence will be a top 3 QB in 2022. I'd be ecstatic if he was top 10.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #436 on: November 30, 2020, 04:14:57 PM »
I highly doubt Lawrence will be a top 3 QB in 2022. I'd be ecstatic if he was top 10.
Oh, I'm not saying that's the most likely outcome. But last year, Lamar Jackson won MVP in Year 2. In 2018, Patrick Mahomes won MVP in Year 2 (Year 1 as a starter). In 2017, Deshaun Watson was on an MVP pace before he got hurt as a rookie.

There's no reason Trevor Lawrence can't be a good quarterback in the NFL quickly. I certainly don't expect him to be the MVP in his 2nd season, but that is within his range of outcomes if we get the right coach and help around him.

Quarterbacks come in right away from college and put up big numbers now. We aren't used to it because we haven't had a top-5 scoring offense since the Bill Clinton era, but it could happen here, too.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #437 on: November 30, 2020, 04:41:03 PM »
I'd be ecstatic if he was top 10.

You'll be ecstatic if they show his girl on TV.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #438 on: November 30, 2020, 04:44:24 PM »
Quarterbacks come in right away from college and put up big numbers now. We aren't used to it because we haven't had a top-5 scoring offense since the Bill Clinton era, but it could happen here, too.

That made me curious, and I'm bored so I looked it up. The Jets have made the AFCCG five times in their history and only once was it with a Republican in the White House, and that was a fluke because it was '82 in the shortened season because of the player strike.

I think that we can all agree that on every level that matters the Trump era has been an unmitigated disaster, not least for the Jets. So freak the tank and freak Trevor Lawrence and freak whatever clown Chris Johnson finds slumped over the end of the bar at his local watering hole to give the head coach job to, because none of that matters. The real reason for optimism is that a Democrat in the White House gives the Jets a chance to be good again - the last one took us to consecutive AFCCGs.

Even mj will I'm sure agree that if a Democratic President means success for the Jets, it's a price worth abandoning his principles for.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #439 on: November 30, 2020, 07:37:36 PM »
That made me curious, and I'm bored so I looked it up. The Jets have made the AFCCG five times in their history and only once was it with a Republican in the White House, and that was a fluke because it was '82 in the shortened season because of the player strike.

I think that we can all agree that on every level that matters the Trump era has been an unmitigated disaster, not least for the Jets. So freak the tank and freak Trevor Lawrence and freak whatever clown Chris Johnson finds slumped over the end of the bar at his local watering hole to give the head coach job to, because none of that matters. The real reason for optimism is that a Democrat in the White House gives the Jets a chance to be good again - the last one took us to consecutive AFCCGs.

Even mj will I'm sure agree that if a Democratic President means success for the Jets, it's a price worth abandoning his principles for.

Eight years of Clinton we had two winning seasons, and the same day we finally won the AFC East was the day he was impeached. We had the Kotite years in there too.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #440 on: November 30, 2020, 10:07:11 PM »
The graphic says he's #2 in run stop rate, but still. Impressive work for him in year 2. If we can improve the coverage AT ALL, and possibly add an edge rusher of any redeemable skill, I would expect his sack numbers to skyrocket next year giving how often (and how quickly) he is winning.

The graphic:
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #441 on: November 30, 2020, 10:10:04 PM »
Ignoring the outlier and I’m guessing small sample size in Hank Aaron-

UUUUYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUOOOUUUU

CONNNNNNN

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #442 on: November 30, 2020, 10:11:41 PM »
Edit: small but consistent snap count. Credit to Henry

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2020, 10:11:57 PM »
The graphic:

Yeah somethings different because whatever I looked at had Jeffery Simmons on top with a 52% rate. Perhaps it was a previous week?
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #444 on: December 01, 2020, 01:28:47 AM »
I'm just glad Manish couldn't poison the relationship with Quinnen like he did with Jamal. He tried at the deadline by saying we were trying to shop him. Every other beat writer immediately shot him down.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #445 on: December 01, 2020, 07:13:08 AM »
I'm just glad Manish couldn't poison the relationship with Quinnen like he did with Jamal. He tried at the deadline by saying we were trying to shop him. Every other beat writer immediately shot him down.

He's such an epic level piece of excrement.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #446 on: December 01, 2020, 01:51:01 PM »
Bless you, thank you

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #448 on: December 01, 2020, 03:25:10 PM »
Thanks Badger
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #449 on: December 01, 2020, 03:26:54 PM »
I'm happy I don't need to change my avatar since we still haven't fixed that.

Tags: