Author Topic: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou  (Read 74658 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou
« Reply #750 on: May 16, 2023, 08:49:23 AM »
False

I guess we could argue about that all day.

I want to pay the guy, but right now, there's no money to do it. Unless we kick the can three years down the road. Or again, Q can wait until they revamp Rodgers' contract to free up space, which doesn't seem unreasonable.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #751 on: May 16, 2023, 08:49:44 AM »
Rodgers wouldn't want to play here if we didn't have a championship caliber defense.  We don't have that without Quinnen Williams. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #752 on: May 16, 2023, 08:58:24 AM »
Rodgers wouldn't want to play here if we didn't have a championship caliber defense.  We don't have that without Quinnen Williams. 

Fair enough.

But Q is under contract, whether his Twitter page agrees or not. And he could be under contract next year whether he likes it or not with the tag.

I don't want to play games with him. I was the first to say "Sign Li'l Q to make his brother happy" so it's not like I'm not all-in on him. But there are economics at play here and right now, we literally can't pay him this year.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #753 on: May 16, 2023, 09:12:12 AM »
this argument is stupid because it's May.

let Big Doug cook.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #754 on: May 18, 2023, 06:42:51 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #755 on: May 18, 2023, 07:18:43 PM »
I like that a lot more.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #756 on: May 18, 2023, 07:45:01 PM »
If you had to guess, how many years is each side pushing for?

Id guess Q wants to set himself up for a second monster cotnract, and the Jets wouldn't mind locking him up for the long haul having the tag on the table

Or are both sides wanting to min/max guaranteed money and both do the opposite?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #757 on: May 18, 2023, 07:50:18 PM »
I’d expect we want 5 and he wants 4. But I guess it’s possible le it’s flipped.
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #758 on: May 18, 2023, 08:06:27 PM »
I would expect him to want the shorter contract.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #759 on: May 18, 2023, 09:01:48 PM »
If he wants a shorter contract, give it to him!

We have a small window and having a player like Q betting hard on himself to get that next bigger deal is a good thing. Especially if they're already seeing eye to eye on money. Unless it's the total $ they agree on and he wants a significantly higher average per year. But still, if you're agreeing to the price, just give him the years he wants and worry about it down the road.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #760 on: May 19, 2023, 11:56:05 AM »
If he wants a shorter contract, give it to him!

We have a small window and having a player like Q betting hard on himself to get that next bigger deal is a good thing. Especially if they're already seeing eye to eye on money. Unless it's the total $ they agree on and he wants a significantly higher average per year. But still, if you're agreeing to the price, just give him the years he wants and worry about it down the road.
Lmao. As usual it's not as simple as you think it is.

We have little to no cap flexibility in the next 2 years because of rodgers huge cap hit.  If he retires next year 100MM will be due next year which we obviously can't afford

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #761 on: May 19, 2023, 04:18:25 PM »
Lmao. As usual it's not as simple as you think it is.

We have little to no cap flexibility in the next 2 years because of rodgers huge cap hit.  If he retires next year 100MM will be due next year which we obviously can't afford

Yup, simple is exactly what I think it is.

That's why I waste so much time on 9,000 scenarios on this board every day. Because it's as simple as "write a check and let's ride."

It's as if I've never mentioned Rodgers is still working on restructuring, or that we should've worked with Q last year when we had a lot more money to front-load, or floated the idea that maybe he won't get paid this year because the Jets can keep control of him for a couple more years with no say on his part.

Simple. Not sure why they don't just hire me instead of JoeD since it's clearly easier than he's making it out to be.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #762 on: May 25, 2023, 10:31:52 PM »
Why does quinnens wife look like quinnen wearing a wig

Also congrats q ball

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #763 on: May 29, 2023, 11:54:19 AM »
The New York Post's Brian Costello and Ryan Dunleavy report Quinnen Williams and the Jets are "not that far apart" on a contract extension.

This is reportedly the feeling inside the Jets' building as they continue to hammer out a new deal with Williams. Williams saw Giants defensive lineman Dexter Lawrence sign a four-year, $90 million extension earlier this month, which should help serve as grounds for Williams' next contract. Entering the final year of his contract, Williams has been absent from voluntary workouts as the two sides continue to negotiate, but there is reportedly hope that a deal could be in place in the coming weeks. When asked if he was worried about Williams' signing an extension, head coach Robert Saleh said, "I'm not worried at all. That thing will get done, and he'll be here."

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #764 on: May 29, 2023, 01:15:11 PM »
just hurry up and sign him already
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: