Author Topic: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou  (Read 74635 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou
« Reply #735 on: May 15, 2023, 12:02:23 PM »
I do not like that.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #736 on: May 15, 2023, 12:53:26 PM »
This is just the new standard for off-season negotiations now that the holdout has been taken off the table.  I really have no problem with it. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #737 on: May 15, 2023, 12:59:18 PM »
Quinnen will get paid....not worried (especially in May).
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #738 on: May 15, 2023, 02:12:11 PM »
This is just the new standard for off-season negotiations now that the holdout has been taken off the table.  I really have no problem with it. 

It’s annoying to see, but because fans freak out about this stuff, it puts pressure on the organization to get stuff done.

I don’t know what the issues are, but idgaf what anybody offers, Quinnen needs to be on the field this fall. Any player/picks packages short of Patrick Mahomes or Joe Burrow isn’t worth it to me. Next offseason when we could potentially add another impact defender, we can talk about his value/worth, but he needs to be a Jet and kicking derriere this offseason.

The deal has been outlined by all his comp players, get the excrement done
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #739 on: May 15, 2023, 02:55:54 PM »
This. Guy wants to get paid. We aren't paying him what he wants. This is a passive aggressive way to lash out. It's common practice at this point.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #741 on: May 15, 2023, 07:51:05 PM »
Aaron Donald:
7× First-team All-Pro (2015–2021)
9× Pro Bowl (2014–2022)

Quinnen Williams:
1x First team All-Pro (2022)
1x Pro Bowl (2022)

Donald after years and years of dominating first team all-pro performance is pulling in ($95/3yr) $31M+/yr.)

$25m/yr. after a fraction of Donald’s overall body of work seems fair imho.

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #742 on: May 15, 2023, 08:34:53 PM »
Here's where we are for 2023:

We need about 8.6 to sign our draft picks. 

I'm sure the Jets understand Quinnen's value.  But we need to make moves to afford him, and there just aren't a lot of moves left to make.  We've renegotiated just about every contract on the team that isn't a rookie deal.  You can cut Lawson and/or Davis, which the FO doesn't seem like they want to do, or you can renegotiate/extend with either of them, which is a really dangerous play IMO given their injury histories. 

You can't even pour a big payday into 2024, because we've currently got about $7.5 million in space next year. 

I really don't know how this deal gets done.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #743 on: May 15, 2023, 09:13:44 PM »
We cut Davis. It's really not a thing that needs thinking about. Quinnen is an essential part of what we do and Corey Davis is excrement.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #744 on: May 15, 2023, 10:20:47 PM »
We cut Davis. It's really not a thing that needs thinking about. Quinnen is an essential part of what we do and Corey Davis is excrement.

It's a legitimate option, but regardless of your opinion of Corey Davis, it's a loss of talent on our weaker side of the ball. 

I think the best available move might be to let the Quinnen sitch continue into training camp.  Then you can take a good, hard look at your EDGE talent, and if WMD and/or JJII look like viable starters (you'd hope at least one of our last two first rounders would), then you can comfortably ship Carl Lawson while his value is pretty decent.  I really don't like losing edge players during a legitimate run, but we're so deep there now. 

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #745 on: May 16, 2023, 07:54:23 AM »
Aren't we still trying to work something out with Rodgers? Maybe Q could try a little patience.

I'll say something really unpopular, but he's currently under contract, and can still be franchised. Yes, we should try to get a deal done, but he has 2 choices this year: show up for mandatory camp, or take money from his own pocket.

I'd like Q to be a longtime Jet, but this team has spent the majority of this century having good to great defenses and anemic offenses. If Williams is the sacrifice at the altar for a great offense, I'll get over it pretty quickly.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #746 on: May 16, 2023, 08:26:54 AM »
Maybe Q could try a little patience.

Every other defensive tackle in his tier has a new contract already.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #747 on: May 16, 2023, 08:38:30 AM »
Every other defensive tackle in his tier has a new contract already.

Did every other DT in his tier just get a HOF QB to completely change the team's offense from hot trash to playoff worthy?

I love Q and I want him to get paid. But I like the idea of paying Rodgers right now a lot more. Without Williams, this is still a good defense. Without Rodgers, there is no offense.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #748 on: May 16, 2023, 08:41:30 AM »
According to OTC, the Jets have $6.38M in cap space. $112M is tied to offense, $126M is tied to defense. There's already a lot of money on that side of the ball and not a lot of room left to wiggle.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #749 on: May 16, 2023, 08:41:44 AM »
Without Williams, this is still a good defense.

False
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: