Author Topic: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou  (Read 74600 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou
« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2020, 05:44:28 PM »
Last year, Foley and Shepherd went from borderline NFL players to legitimate NFL rotation players. Hopefully, they can take a step forward.

But if Quinnen can go from an NFL rotation player to a borderline Pro Bowler, our defense can be dangerous. He is low-key one of the most important players on our team this year.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #271 on: April 27, 2020, 07:04:49 PM »
i have high hopes for quinnen. i think he's going to mature both as a person and as a player this year and we're going to be satisfied with the results.

coming into the league last year it was obvious he was just really young in mindset, green, and immature. i think having been able to complete one pro season under his belt will do a lot for his mindset and preparation coming into year 2.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #272 on: April 27, 2020, 07:09:51 PM »
i have high hopes for quinnen. i think he's going to mature both as a person and as a player this year and we're going to be satisfied with the results.

coming into the league last year it was obvious he was just really young in mindset, green, and immature. i think having been able to complete one pro season under his belt will do a lot for his mindset and preparation coming into year 2.

After a year of maturing as a person he was still so blissfully unaware of his environment that he thought there was no problem carrying a firearm through a New York airport. He might become a good player but I think you're a little optimistic thus far.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #273 on: April 27, 2020, 09:08:25 PM »
After a year of maturing as a person he was still so blissfully unaware of his environment that he thought there was no problem carrying a firearm through a New York airport. He might become a good player but I think you're a little optimistic thus far.

i honestly completely forgot about this, but you're right, it's not a good look. that being said, i do think he's probably made some improvements in that arena, which probably doesn't mean much given the amount of youthful/blissful ignorance he has displayed after we drafted him...but i can only imagine it's going to get better with time, little as those changes may be. at the very least i think understanding what it takes to get through a complete NFL season will mean something different for him in terms of his approach to the year

he possesses insane traits physically in terms of size, strength, and athleticism. he did pretty well against the run year one and had some pass rushing moments early and then later on during the year. i was actually on the josh allen followed by ed oliver bandwagon during the draft last year, but can see why we drafted him and the potential he possesses as a player. i would have liked to see more in terms of pass rushing but it is still way too early to get down about him about that. only thing we can do now is take a wait-and-see approach and hope that he can outdo his predecessors

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #274 on: April 27, 2020, 09:27:24 PM »
Quinnen seems like a really good kid. I hope the gun incident kind of gave him a little kick in the derriere for his maturity. Maybe he needed to get in some trouble in order to grow up a little bit.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #275 on: April 27, 2020, 10:05:54 PM »
It's easy to forget how young these guys are. Think of the stupid excrement you did in your early 20s.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #276 on: April 27, 2020, 10:47:31 PM »
I'm expecting a big jump in his play given the tools and the lack of indication or information regarding a shitty work ethic.

Just logically given his lack of experience even at the collegiate level and his age, I didn't expect him to hit the league like a house of fire last year.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2020, 12:42:24 AM »
My understanding is that there are people who bring guns when they travel regularly. His issue was just not following proper protocol, so I don't think it's a huge deal.

Him not getting the job done on the field is a bigger concern. Based off our track record with coples Richardson Williams and Wilkerson I'm not optimistic. I hope I'm wrong

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2020, 01:03:17 AM »
My understanding is that there are people who bring guns when they travel regularly. His issue was just not following proper protocol, so I don't think it's a huge deal.

Him not getting the job done on the field is a bigger concern. Based off our track record with coples Richardson Williams and Wilkerson I'm not optimistic. I hope I'm wrong

you're not the only one that's used this line of thinking in thinking he's not going to 'make it' but i'm not sure why invoking past drafted DL have anything to do with quinnen. the lions drafted charles rogers, mike williams, and roy williams before finally hitting with calvin johnson. should they have been wary of drafting calvin johnson, who became the best WR in their history, because of their previous draft picks? the failure of those draft picks had other implications on their franchise, but that had nothing to do with calvin

even when looking at our DL picks there needs to be some context applied. for a time muhammad wilkerson was arguably the 2nd best 34 DE in the league behind JJ Watt. he then broke his leg, came back and didn't look the same physically/athletically, became lazy, sloppy fatz and an alcoholic. richardson was disruptive enough in his rookie campaign to win DROY and ultimately it didn't mean anything to us, as he later became a lazy malcontent that fought with teammates in the locker room and half-assed it on the field. i don't have anything to say for leonard williams, he was completely underwhelming and ended this year with 0 sacks. sometimes excrement works out and sometimes it doesnt, but that doesn't have anything to do with Q. being annoyed at drafting so many DL is one thing, and it's fair, but using the results of those past picks against Q makes zero sense.

as others have already said, it's way too early to close the book on quinnen. he was under-experienced even by college standards when we drafted him, and he wasn't likely ever going to hit the ground running his rookie season. let's give him some time

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2020, 01:29:11 AM »
Oh I 100% don't think that past draft picks (under different coaching and leadership) have any impact on what Quinnen will or won't be.

I just find it hard to be optimistic after having had repeated excrement experiences. That is further compounded by the fact that he didn't have much of an impact his rookie year.

The guys still a child so absolutely anything can happen with him, it would be completely ridiculous for anyone to think his future is set in stone at this point for better or worse.

I just find it difficult to be optimistic.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2020, 02:51:32 AM »
The reasons to be optimistic is that we thought highly enough of him to take him 3rd overall last year. Quinnen held his own as a 21-year old last year. Now he has a full offseason to prepare for the NFL. Plus, he got hurt in Week 1 last season.

We just had two far less highly touted/older DL break out in smaller ways last year in their 2nd seasons. Quinnen can break out this season. Not every player lives up to the hype as a rookie, especially at age 21.

His play in year 1 decreases the likelihood of him living up to the hype of the No. 3 pick, but a big step forward would not be surprising. I bet we read a lot of Quinnen Williams hype pieces by beat writers in training camp, if that exists.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #281 on: April 28, 2020, 06:40:36 AM »
Never forget when we tried to play Sheldon at OLB for an entire season
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #282 on: April 28, 2020, 07:07:36 AM »
Never forget when we tried to play Sheldon at OLB for an entire season

Ughhhhhh. Why would you remind me of this?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #283 on: April 28, 2020, 07:09:25 AM »
The reasons to be optimistic is that we thought highly enough of him to take him 3rd overall last year. Quinnen held his own as a 21-year old last year. Now he has a full offseason to prepare for the NFL. Plus, he got hurt in Week 1 last season.

We just had two far less highly touted/older DL break out in smaller ways last year in their 2nd seasons. Quinnen can break out this season. Not every player lives up to the hype as a rookie, especially at age 21.

His play in year 1 decreases the likelihood of him living up to the hype of the No. 3 pick, but a big step forward would not be surprising. I bet we read a lot of Quinnen Williams hype pieces by beat writers in training camp, if that exists.

I loled

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #284 on: April 28, 2020, 08:36:51 AM »

Tags: