Author Topic: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou  (Read 74615 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2019, 04:29:48 PM »
Nobody's calling him a freaking bust

It's just there's red flags all over about how little he's shown this year considering his draft position.

Especially considering the same people who drafted Leonard Williams drafted him.
Nobody has called Adam Gase a great coach either but it hasnt stopped half the board from making straw man arguments.

I wanted more from Quinnen in Year 1 but I've seen enough linemen develop late that I'm not worried. Hell, Quinnen needed some time to develop in college before he blew up. I think he will take a big step next year.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2019, 04:50:20 PM »
Nobody has called Adam Gase a great coach either but it hasnt stopped half the board from making straw man arguments.

I wanted more from Quinnen in Year 1 but I've seen enough linemen develop late that I'm not worried. Hell, Quinnen needed some time to develop in college before he blew up. I think he will take a big step next year.

Well that's because Gase is better than what we've seen, but he's still not good.

In all likelihood he is a mediocre coach that injuries have made him look like a clown

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2019, 06:44:05 PM »

Straw man? That's a little ironic given I don't think a single person who wants Gase out is trying to argue that this is a good roster and that he's the only problem.

Good coaches get the best out of bad players, they don't blame them for failing to execute. We all want the excrement players replaced, why is it so unreasonable to want the excrement coaches replaced?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2019, 07:02:23 PM »

Straw man? That's a little ironic given I don't think a single person who wants Gase out is trying to argue that this is a good roster and that he's the only problem.

Good coaches get the best out of bad players, they don't blame them for failing to execute. We all want the excrement players replaced, why is it so unreasonable to want the excrement coaches replaced?

Exactly. We can get better players AND a better coach. For the ones who want Gase around I really don't see what the appeal is. He was terrible in Miami, and he's been terrible here except for three games.

I get the talent level of the roster but it's not like it has been a consistent product.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2019, 07:10:50 PM »
Exactly. We can get better players AND a better coach. For the ones who want Gase around I really don't see what the appeal is. He was terrible in Miami, and he's been terrible here except for three games.

I get the talent level of the roster but it's not like it has been a consistent product.

False.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2019, 07:22:24 PM »
I said it over a year ago, even if Q was the better prospect we would have been better off taking a slightly inferior Edge rusher
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2019, 07:30:20 PM »
False.

Sub .500 over three seasons and lost the locker room.

He was bad. Everyone on this board knew he was bad when he was coaching Miami. It wasn't until he came here that people were trying to find excuses for him.

Keeping a guy who skipped Thanksgiving with his family just to put together that turd sandwich of a game against Cincinnati is not going to help Darnold.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:32:12 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2019, 07:36:55 PM »
Sub .500 over three seasons and lost the locker room.

He. Was. Bad.

He went 22-25 with teams with middling talent at best. You can't point to the team that underachieved under his watch in Miami because it doesn't exist.

The narrative he lost the locker room is also false, but no one wants to hear it. https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223482025.html

For what its worth, some of the criticisms of that article have reared their ugly head here. They're scary accurate. But everyone's acting like we have the second coming of Kotite, or that the realistic options this team had in front of them at the time they made the hire would have been better.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:41:41 PM by mj2sexay »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2019, 08:28:35 PM »
He went 22-25 with teams with middling talent at best. You can't point to the team that underachieved under his watch in Miami because it doesn't exist.

The narrative he lost the locker room is also false, but no one wants to hear it. https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223482025.html

For what its worth, some of the criticisms of that article have reared their ugly head here. They're scary accurate. But everyone's acting like we have the second coming of Kotite, or that the realistic options this team had in front of them at the time they made the hire would have been better.

Is that record somehow supposed to make sub .500 look better?

He managed to go 10-6 in his first season and then never had a winning season again. That sounds familiar.

He's an offensive geniusTM whose offense cracked the top 20 in points once while Manning wasn't his QB. And if the best that can be said about him is that he can take a middling team to a sub .500 record then I really don't see any evidence for keeping him around. This team doesn't need a play caller who cannot let a bad play call go or refuses to realize he has a running back on the team.

Gase isn't an offensive genius, he's a dude clearly on the spectrum and obsessed with the passing game.

Anyway...I think part of the problem with Williams is that offenses.really don't need to worry about who is playing right behind him. We're getting serviceable play out of our ILBs but I don't think that OCs are staying up at night worrying about blocking Neville Hewitt.

Give him another year and someone behind him that the offense needs to plan for more and he'll probably be causing more havock at and behind the lone of scrimmage.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2019, 10:21:46 PM »
Is that record somehow supposed to make sub .500 look better?

He managed to go 10-6 in his first season and then never had a winning season again. That sounds familiar.

He's an offensive geniusTM whose offense cracked the top 20 in points once while Manning wasn't his QB. And if the best that can be said about him is that he can take a middling team to a sub .500 record then I really don't see any evidence for keeping him around. This team doesn't need a play caller who cannot let a bad play call go or refuses to realize he has a running back on the team.

Gase isn't an offensive genius, he's a dude clearly on the spectrum and obsessed with the passing game.

Anyway...I think part of the problem with Williams is that offenses.really don't need to worry about who is playing right behind him. We're getting serviceable play out of our ILBs but I don't think that OCs are staying up at night worrying about blocking Neville Hewitt.

Give him another year and someone behind him that the offense needs to plan for more and he'll probably be causing more havock at and behind the lone of scrimmage.

Those weren't middling teams. They were trash. Dolphins has no business going 7-9 last year considering they started Brock Osweiler at quarterback for 5 games and weren't brimming with talent. 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2019, 11:16:29 PM »
Those weren't middling teams.
?
He went 22-25 with teams with middling talent at best.
K.

Done debating this in the Q thread.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #236 on: December 03, 2019, 08:52:38 AM »
I said it over a year ago, even if Q was the better prospect we would have been better off taking a slightly inferior Edge rusher

Ed Oliver or Brian Burns would've been better picks. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #237 on: December 03, 2019, 11:10:40 AM »
I won't even bother debating in this thread. I've just accepted the fact that we can't draft worth a excrement. Hopefully our HC won't ruin Sam.

#FireGase

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #238 on: December 04, 2019, 12:14:02 PM »
I won't even bother debating in this thread. I've just accepted the fact that we can't draft worth a excrement. Hopefully our HC won't ruin Sam.

#FireGase
Q could always take a Year 2 step forward. We'll see I guess.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #239 on: December 04, 2019, 02:00:44 PM »
Q could always take a Year 2 step forward. We'll see I guess.

I get it, I was waiting for Leonard Williams to make that 5th year jump this season too
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: