Author Topic: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou  (Read 74634 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2019, 09:06:01 AM »
Third overall at DT you're hoping for a Bruce Smith type player.

There's no indication he won't turn into an impact player.  It's still early.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2019, 09:18:54 AM »
Rich Cimini
Quinnen Williams over the last four games: 148 snaps, 4 tackles, 0 sacks, 2 QB hits, 1 TFL. How’s Ed Oliver doing? #Jets

9:19AM EST

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2019, 09:24:31 AM »
There's no indication he won't turn into an impact player.  It's still early.

There's absolutely indications. But that's all they are is indications

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2019, 09:28:28 AM »
Wonder which DL we're going to draft in the first round this year.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2019, 09:37:21 AM »
There's absolutely indications. But that's all they are is indications
"Indications"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »
"Indications"

I'm no scout. But I'm pretty sure one of the strongest indications someone won't play good football tomorrow is them not playing good football today.

Indicators can absolutely be wrong, but he's fighting an uphill battle

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2019, 09:53:43 AM »
Rich Cimini
Quinnen Williams over the last four games: 148 snaps, 4 tackles, 0 sacks, 2 QB hits, 1 TFL. How’s Ed Oliver doing? #Jets

9:19AM EST

Lets play a fun game...
By looking at the first 9 games of each players career, which player is the all-star and which player is the bust?

Hint 1: Player 1 is Ed Oliver, Player 2 is Quinnen Williams.
Hint 2: We don't know because each player hasn't even played 1 season yet!
Hint 3: We shouldn't judge a players future success while they are on a hot streak.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2019, 10:05:15 AM »
Lets play a fun game...
By looking at the first 9 games of each players career, which player is the all-star and which player is the bust?

Hint 1: Player 1 is Ed Oliver, Player 2 is Quinnen Williams.
Hint 2: We don't know because each player hasn't even played 1 season yet!
Hint 3: We shouldn't judge a players future success while they are on a hot streak.

Kind of a convenient sample size considering Oliver has four sacks in his last 3.

He's developed into the interior force everyone thought he'd be coming out of Houston.

Frankly, I don't give a excrement that Quinnen has supposedly been such an anchor for this run defense. You don't draft a defensive tackle third overall to do that.

Not willing to write him off as a bust by any stretch at this point, but the early returns are what they are.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2019, 10:10:50 AM »
Kind of a convenient sample size considering Oliver has four sacks in his last 3.

That is my point.  It's also convenient to judge him based off his most recent 4 game streak. 

Oliver has played 12 games in his career, and had 1 sack in his first 9 games .  This rate of play will not keep up and things will revert back to the norm.  Also worth noting Quinnen has only played in 9 games.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:13:41 AM by insanity »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2019, 10:12:58 AM »
My point is, that its convenient to judge him based off his most recent 4 game streak.  Oliver has played 11 games in his career, Quinnen has played in 8.  This rate of play will not keep up and things will revert back to the norm.

But what if this is the norm for Oliver?

Obviously he's not going to keep the pace of a sack a game. But this is a guy everyone thought could be an 8-10 sack type of guy coming out of college.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #220 on: December 02, 2019, 10:15:11 AM »

Obviously he's not going to keep the pace of a sack a game. But this is a guy everyone thought could be an 8-10 sack type of guy coming out of college.

And what if Quinnen pulls in 4 sacks in 3 games?  Its stupid to judge a player while on a hot streak. 

Quinnen is generating pressure against the run and pass, he just needs to finish more plays.  Lets see where he is after 16-20 games before we call him a bust. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #221 on: December 02, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »
And what if Quinnen pulls in 4 sacks in 3 games?  Its stupid to judge a player while on a hot streak. 

Quinnen is generating pressure against the run and pass, he just needs to finish more plays.  Lets see where he is after 16-20 games before we call him a bust. 

Like i said, Quinnen deserves another season to prove himself.  The light doesn't come on for every player in their rookie year. He certainly has the potential to be a beast interior DLineman.  Unfortunately, we spent the 3rd overall pick on him, he should be an impact player. We'll have to see where it goes.  I'm willing to defer my opinion on him to next season.

FTR, I wanted to draft Ed Oliver. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #222 on: December 02, 2019, 10:47:00 AM »
Nobody's calling him a freaking bust

It's just there's red flags all over about how little he's shown this year considering his draft position.

Especially considering the same people who drafted Leonard Williams drafted him.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #223 on: December 02, 2019, 12:15:43 PM »
What makes me nervous about Q is that he isn't doing much on a team where Greg Williams is making players like Nate Shepherd and Neville Hewitt look like decent fill-ins for starters.

I'm in the camp of "it's way too early" but I'm definitely concerned we have another Leo Williams on our hands.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2019, 12:32:10 PM »
What makes me nervous about Q is that he isn't doing much on a team where Greg Williams is making players like Nate Shepherd and Neville Hewitt look like decent fill-ins for starters.

I'm in the camp of "it's way too early" but I'm definitely concerned we have another Leo Williams on our hands.

You would expect to notice him more for a #3 overall pick who lines up over the ball.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: