Author Topic: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou  (Read 73445 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: The Quinnen Williams House of Blessyou Thankyou
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 07:52:03 PM »
Can you guys chill the freak out? This is the best player in the draft. Who gives a damn what position he plays...

Things we said during the 2015 draft for $500, Alex.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 07:52:47 PM »
Woke thought:

Leo - Quinnen - Hank

#Blessed

Hopefully Hank stays healthy.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 07:53:09 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 07:53:52 PM »
Correct

Ima start referring to Leo and Quinnen as Venus and Serena.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 07:54:31 PM »
Can’t be upset with the pick. Most talented player in the draft.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2019, 07:54:36 PM »
I’m not that happy. He’s extremely good but we’re repeating a formula that hasn’t given us such great results in the past. We still desperately need an EDGE. I understand the BPA philosophy but sometimes you need to steer away to have a more complete roster. Won’t complain about getting such a big talent, but I’m not ecstatic about it.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »
Can you guys chill the freak out? This is the best player in the draft. Who gives a damn what position he plays...
How are we going to get him, Leonard and Henry Anderson on the field?

I love the player. I just think it's a poor use of assets. Just like when we drafted back-to-back safeties.

If Quinnen is as good as advertised, it won't matter. But if he's merely a good player and not a great player like most of the recent DL we've drafted, it's a poor use of assets.

I don't hate the pick because he's a stud, but I don't know how our front 7 personnel will work now. Hopefully Gregg Williams can make it work.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2019, 07:56:17 PM »
I said it in the draft thread but can Quinnen and Leo both stick around so we stop drafting DLine in the first round and actually build a team around Darnold?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:31:11 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2019, 07:58:34 PM »
People keep saying “most talented player in the draft”...

Not to nitpick, because I don’t 100% disagree, but he was not the consensus #1 player. Bosa was right there with him, and in my opinion better, and at a more valuable position.

Not complaining, but let’s at least be accurate.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2019, 08:00:37 PM »
Daniel Jeremiah had Quinnen at #2 on his board, and I trust his option roughly twice as much as anyone else in the NFL draft universe.

Williams has good size for the position and possesses a rare combination of suddenness, strength and football intelligence. He moved up and down the line of scrimmage in Alabama's defense and was effective at every spot. As a pass rusher, he explodes off the ball, maintains leverage and pushes his opponent into the lap of the quarterback. He also uses a violent club/swim move. Williams is constantly double-teamed, but he still finds a way to generate pressures and sacks. Against the run, he plays with a low pad level, locks his hands inside and violently sheds blocks to pursue the ball carrier. Overall, this is a dominant player who's capable of emerging as a premier interior defensive lineman very early in his NFL career.

Not much to dislike there.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2019, 08:02:44 PM »
Fat Fabio had no idea who Daniel Jones is.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 08:03:06 PM »
How are we going to get him, Leonard and Henry Anderson on the field?

I love the player. I just think it's a poor use of assets. Just like when we drafted back-to-back safeties.

If Quinnen is as good as advertised, it won't matter. But if he's merely a good player and not a great player like most of the recent DL we've drafted, it's a poor use of assets.

I don't hate the pick because he's a stud, but I don't know how our front 7 personnel will work now. Hopefully Gregg Williams can make it work.

As SFD said, the ideal will be having Quinnen, Leonard, and Hank as our front 3 on 3-4 looks.

My biggest problem right now is the amount of first round picks we've put into this defense, and more specifically this defensive line, and yet we're still constantly working on it.

Q will probably a good player but this is eerily similar to some excrement we've seen before.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 08:07:59 PM »
As SFD said, the ideal will be having Quinnen, Leonard, and Hank as our front 3 on 3-4 looks.

My biggest problem right now is the amount of first round picks we've put into this defense, and more specifically this defensive line, and yet we're still constantly working on it.

Q will probably a good player but this is eerily similar to some excrement we've seen before.

Eerily similar, and I don’t think anyone is going to argue that our current DL is more talented than Sheldon - Snacks - Wilkerson. And that defense never amounted to anything.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2019, 08:10:28 PM »
my initial reaction is that im underwhelmed because BPA is starting to result in us taking a freaking interior DL every yr and were somehow still reloading at the position 6 years later.

I feel like Oliver wouldve been more of a swing for the fences pick.

Q is very safe, but I just feel like we should be running a 4-3 at this point . I know Gregg Williams likes to do a lot of 46 hybrid blends too but he will find out our CB's arent good enough to send the house like that consistently

Its not anything against Q because hes obviously a good prospect, im just weary of a 1 yr production guy surrounded by Bamas talent. I think he will be a beast though and once he hits the field we will all be laughing about any of us scoffing at the selection

I'm just tired of not having an edge rusher or at the least an OLB who can move like hes not stuck in quicksand.

Pressure is pressure, but if we let Leo walk and were in the same position with a void in the trenches this time next year, Mac needs to be thrown off a freaking building.

I think the biggest bright spot to this pick though is Leo will have 0 freaking excuses now that teams cant double him and Q every snap. 

Now we need OL and CB badly. too bad it will be slim pickings by rd 3. We need to pray Elgton Jenkins somehow falls

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2019, 08:10:42 PM »

Tags: