Author Topic: A running list of calamities  (Read 778 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
A running list of calamities
« on: September 12, 2023, 08:39:18 AM »
Just in the Joe Douglas era:

1) Mosley groin injury and collapse at home to the Bills in the 2019 season opener
2) Darnold mono
3) the "seeing ghosts" game at home vs. the Patriots on MNF (immediately following an extremely encouraging victory over the Cowboys in Darnold's return to action)
4) 2-14 season (Darnold hurt and terrible, victory in LA costs us Trevor Lawrence)
5) Greg Knapp dies right before the start of training camp
6) Carl Lawson ruptures his Achilles in Green Bay joint practices after dominating camp
7) Becton's kneecap is dislocated in the season opener in Carolina when Greg Van Roten is beaten so thoroughly that he's thrown into the back of Becton's leg, ultimately leading to him missing the next two seasons (sidenote: this occurred on Zach's first career TD pass)
8) more humiliating losses to the Patriots where our young QB looks incapable, throwing multiple interceptions
9) Zach keeps the ball against Tampa costing us victory in our final encounter with Tom Brady
10) Zach initially appears to tear his ACL on his first preseason drive but (mercifully?) ends up only missing most of the preseason and the first three weeks of the regular season
11) Hall and AVT are both lost for the season in Denver
12) Zach wins despite continued struggles culminating in him flippantly responding "no" to a reporter after being asked if he felt personally responsible for his team's devastating loss in New England leading to his benching
13) we lose our last six games following a 7-4 start, including a humiliating loss to Trevor Lawrence and the Jaguars on TNF where Zach gets benched again for Chris Streveler
14) Chuck Clark tears his ACL in OTAs after having never missed a game due to injury
15) Rodgers ruptures his Achilles four snaps into his Jets career
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 05:57:08 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: A running list of calamities
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 02:09:46 PM »
I think Luke Falk deserves a mention. The single worst QB I have ever seen in my lifetime of watching bad QB play.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 02:11:22 PM »
But why
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 06:02:32 PM »
3) the "seeing ghosts" game at home vs. the Patriots on MNF (immediately following an extremely encouraging victory over the Cowboys in Darnold's return to action)

12) Zach wins despite continued struggles culminating in him flippantly responding "no" to a reporter after being asked if he felt personally responsible for his team's devastating loss in New England leading to his benching

I think the solution here is to just forbid our QB from speaking unless they beat NE. Otherwise every member of the sports media makes it their personal mission to try and end their career.

As annoying and forced as the buttfumble was at least it was about something that actually happened on the field.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 06:04:37 PM by Badger »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 01:16:48 PM »
Bump

Tags: