Author Topic: 2020 Democratic Primary  (Read 84805 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: 2020 Democratic Primary
« Reply #690 on: March 04, 2020, 02:33:45 PM »
Yeah, I got that

Gotcha. My bad then.

We disagree on the healthcare issue, but I'm glad I misinterpreted the part about the military.

I never insult you. Ever. But this is an absolutely atrocious post.

My father died of cancer because his Teamster benefits wouldn't pay for better care. Go private insurance!

freak the idea that anyone should be denied care for any reason.

First I'm sorry about your father.

But I'm not talking about denying people with treatable ailments. I do not suggest or endorse the concept of oh saving them is expensive so they should die.

What I am saying is that unnecessarily treating someone because their family can't come to grip with reality is a huge freaking problem.

Keeping someone vented and on tube feeds for weeks/months until they die isn't treating them and won't fix their cancer or kidney or heart failure or whatever terminal ailment they have. Quite frankly it's cruel and torture, but it's also a catastrophic waste of money and resources as well.

And I'd someone wants to keep their (basically already dead) loved one alive by any means necessary they should be allowed to do that. With their own money.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:35:46 PM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #691 on: March 04, 2020, 02:51:52 PM »
First I'm sorry about your father.

But I'm not talking about denying people with treatable ailments. I do not suggest or endorse the concept of oh saving them is expensive so they should die.

What I am saying is that unnecessarily treating someone because their family can't come to grip with reality is a huge freaking problem.

Keeping someone vented and on tube feeds for weeks/months until they die isn't treating them and won't fix their cancer or kidney or heart failure or whatever terminal ailment they have. Quite frankly it's cruel and torture, but it's also a catastrophic waste of money and resources as well.

And I'd someone wants to keep their (basically already dead) loved one alive by any means necessary they should be allowed to do that. With their own money.
I understand what you are saying.  The issue is determining where that point is.  Your definition and mine aren't the same.  Some cases are obvious, but who determines the criteria?  Who is to say when someone crosses the threshold from "having a little hope" to "no hope"? No matter what list you come up with, there will be exceptions. That wouldn't be a fair burden to put on doctors.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:55:18 PM by bojanglesman »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #692 on: March 04, 2020, 02:57:03 PM »
I understand what you are saying.  The issue is determining where that point is.  Your definition and mine aren't the same.  Some cases are obvious, but who determines the criteria?  Who is to say when someone crosses the threshold from "having a little hope" to "no hope"? No matter what list you come up with, there will be exceptions. That wouldn't be a fair burden to put on doctors.

Didn't say it would be easily. But even if they primarily focused on tbe black and white, while kind of ignoring the gray. That would be a step in the right direction

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #693 on: March 04, 2020, 03:22:01 PM »
On a lighter note, (And Alio I'm also sorry about your dad, and about writing in an unclear manner that would allow you to construe my comments as an attack on your feelings on the military)

Did anyone see Jill Biden last night?! Sign her up to play next to CJ.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #694 on: March 04, 2020, 03:29:58 PM »
Just so we're clear, I wasn't looking for any sympathy. It was 2 decades ago.

I just don't think anyone should determine what the line is to not give any care possible to anyone who is still at least theoretically alive. And saying "As long as they pay for it themselves" is ridiculous. My father would've died even earlier if we had to pay for any of the care he actually did receive from his benefits.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #695 on: March 04, 2020, 03:33:50 PM »
Just so we're clear, I wasn't looking for any sympathy. It was 2 decades ago.

Nothing in your comment gave me that impression at all, it's just the customary thing to say I suppose. I have a great relationship with my father, when his time comes it will create an irreplaceable void in my life.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #696 on: March 04, 2020, 04:05:58 PM »
democratic establishment putting their money behind a candidate who's going to campaign on nothing other than saying he's the 'nice, decent' candidate while dementedly stuttering meaningless platitudes, and will still wonder what happened when trump trounces him

we'll then see a 'What Happened: Part Two' book come out explaining it all

fck this
Reminds me of when the DNC nominated Kerry. I didn't care nearly as much about politics then, but democrats hated Bush and couldn't wait to get him out of office. So they nominated the most bland candidate ever, hoping that the bland establishment candidate would beat the guy they all hated. It didn't work.

Now they're trying the exact same thing. Granted, there's a lot more anger around Trump than there was about Bush, but Trump's diehard fans are far more brainwashed than Bush's ever were, and they will turn out to vote.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #697 on: March 05, 2020, 10:13:51 AM »
Warren gone.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #698 on: March 05, 2020, 11:15:13 AM »
Reminds me of when the DNC nominated Kerry. I didn't care nearly as much about politics then, but democrats hated Bush and couldn't wait to get him out of office. So they nominated the most bland candidate ever, hoping that the bland establishment candidate would beat the guy they all hated. It didn't work.

Now they're trying the exact same thing. Granted, there's a lot more anger around Trump than there was about Bush, but Trump's diehard fans are far more brainwashed than Bush's ever were, and they will turn out to vote.

100x this
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #699 on: March 06, 2020, 07:56:42 AM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh