Author Topic: 2020 Democratic Primary  (Read 84803 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: 2020 Democratic Primary
« Reply #990 on: June 05, 2020, 12:38:40 PM »
Jesus christ joe
Did anyone listen to the clip? He said, "an unarmed person coming at them with a knife or something".  I don't see anything wrong with what he said except maybe some people might consider having a knife as being armed, but I think he's referring to armed as having a gun. If I were a cop and had a gun, and someone came at me with a knife I would shoot them in the leg. I mean I don't know any Chuck Norris moves to disarm them with my hands, and I doubt most people would take the chance on getting stabbed.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #991 on: June 05, 2020, 12:40:10 PM »

Did anyone listen to the clip? He said, "an unarmed person coming at them with a knife or something".  I don't see anything wrong with what he said except maybe some people might consider having a knife as being armed, but I think he's referring to armed as having a gun. If I were a cop and had a gun, and someone came at me with a knife I would shoot them in the leg.

Realistically you'd be trained to shoot center mass no matter what

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #992 on: June 05, 2020, 12:42:57 PM »

Dick shot.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #993 on: June 05, 2020, 12:45:12 PM »
an unarmed person comin' at 'em with a knife or something

-Joe Biden
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #994 on: June 05, 2020, 12:45:16 PM »

Can confirm military teaches this for sentries. Batons tend to have more reach than a knife, though.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #995 on: June 05, 2020, 12:49:19 PM »
The guy isn't a wordsmith by any means but I know what he's trying to say.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #996 on: June 05, 2020, 12:57:37 PM »
On a semi-related note:

Louisville field office for the FBI is opening up their own investigation for this since the city and state have not prosecuted.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #997 on: June 05, 2020, 12:59:36 PM »
If I were a cop and had a gun, and someone came at me with a knife I would shoot them in the leg.

I'm sure that some cops are highly proficient shots capable of keeping cool heads in the most stressful of situations, but I'm fairly sure there's also a decent proportion who couldn't hit a barn door from twenty yards.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #998 on: June 05, 2020, 01:06:56 PM »
I'm sure that some cops are highly proficient shots capable of keeping cool heads in the most stressful of situations, but I'm fairly sure there's also a decent proportion who couldn't hit a barn door from twenty yards.
The argument was that it was wrong to shoot them at all.  Forget about where the bullet goes.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #999 on: June 05, 2020, 01:39:42 PM »
The argument was that it was wrong to shoot them at all.  Forget about where the bullet goes.

Right, I was responding to your assertion that you would shoot them in the leg if they had a knife, but the point is that a) that's pretty difficult for all but the most accomplished close quarters combat veteran to do, b) it's not going to be possible or helpful in an awful lot of situations, and c) there's not really any such thing as a non-lethal gun shot - shooting them in the leg gives you a reasonable chance of hitting their femoral artery.

I honestly don't have a problem with a cop shooting to kill if an assailant is coming at them with a deadly weapon, including a knife. Any bouncer will tell you that they're far more worried about knives than pretty much anything else, no matter how much bigger and stronger and proficient you are than your assailant there's still a very high possibility you're getting opened up in the process of overpowering and disarming them. If they're not armed, that's why you have tasers and batons and training.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1000 on: June 05, 2020, 01:58:53 PM »
Right, I was responding to your assertion that you would shoot them in the leg if they had a knife, but the point is that a) that's pretty difficult for all but the most accomplished close quarters combat veteran to do, b) it's not going to be possible or helpful in an awful lot of situations, and c) there's not really any such thing as a non-lethal gun shot - shooting them in the leg gives you a reasonable chance of hitting their femoral artery.

I honestly don't have a problem with a cop shooting to kill if an assailant is coming at them with a deadly weapon, including a knife. Any bouncer will tell you that they're far more worried about knives than pretty much anything else, no matter how much bigger and stronger and proficient you are than your assailant there's still a very high possibility you're getting opened up in the process of overpowering and disarming them. If they're not armed, that's why you have tasers and batons and training.
I carry around an anesthetic at all times. Anyone who attacks me gets neutered.  Vet Justice.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1001 on: June 05, 2020, 02:01:32 PM »
I carry around an anesthetic at all times. Anyone who attacks me gets neutered.  Vet Justice.

I feel like this would be the answer to so many of the world's problems.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1003 on: June 06, 2020, 08:53:31 AM »
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1269086797226815490?s=21
That video is edited all to hell to make him look bad.   Below is a tweet that shows in red what they cut out to make him look terrible.

"A number of people have claimed that this video above is not edited. So I went and got the original video and transcribed it. On the left is the episode as originally broadcast. On the right, what they aired. Red is edited out. Green is added." https://t.co/TwN5irv0Q5
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 08:58:49 AM by bojanglesman »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1004 on: June 06, 2020, 11:48:05 AM »
damn, i have to admit that i actually mistook how personable and how much of a 'people person' joe biden is for sexual harassment

Tags: