Author Topic: Trade Down Scenarios  (Read 8533 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Trade Down Scenarios
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2019, 06:49:12 PM »
Fant too.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2019, 07:15:14 PM »
In the scenario presented, Hockenson, Metcalf, and Burns are off the board.
freak...now I don’t want to play.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2019, 07:25:54 PM »
I’d bet just about anything that the supposed top 14 names listed aren’t all gone at 15. Somebody is going to reach for someone that shouldn’t go that early he’ll all the Christian Wilkins buzz lately, I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes top 15 either.

In reality I expect one TE will be there (Fant) and most of the top OL will be too.
Need a new one for a new board...

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2019, 07:51:57 PM »
I’d bet just about anything that the supposed top 14 names listed aren’t all gone at 15. Somebody is going to reach for someone that shouldn’t go that early he’ll all the Christian Wilkins buzz lately, I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes top 15 either.

In reality I expect one TE will be there (Fant) and most of the top OL will be too.

I'm confident at least one more quarterback goes in the first 14, but it's a more interesting discussion if more of our targets are removed. 

As far as the top o-line still being on the board... I'll be shocked if Taylor and Williams are still around at 15, but I'm sprinting to the podium for either of them. 

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2019, 08:25:57 PM »
ive firmly been against a trade down for a while based on the fact were not good enough to be passing on blue chip prospects

that being said, if anyone can give us a ransom worth doing it for, its Washington.

move down to 15, get Bradbury and get 46 overall and then a 1st and 3rd next yr.

id do it then. Skins 1st next yr will likely be a top 10 pick

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2019, 08:46:09 PM »
I'm confident at least one more quarterback goes in the first 14, but it's a more interesting discussion if more of our targets are removed. 

As far as the top o-line still being on the board... I'll be shocked if Taylor and Williams are still around at 15, but I'm sprinting to the podium for either of them. 

Taylor will be gone for sure. But if teams really see Jonah Williams as an interior guy and not an OT, then I bet he would be there at 15. Lots of chatter about people being in love with Dillard at OT, if you aren't sure Williams will last as a tackle, I can see somebody taking Dillard first.
Need a new one for a new board...

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2019, 08:50:19 PM »
In the scenario presented, Hockenson, Metcalf, and Burns are off the board.

i know DK lit up the combine/social media, but how confident are we that a WR will go in the top 15 given the trend the last several years of teams not valuing WRs with high picks in the 1st round?

id love DK but if we lose out on him in a trade down i'll be good. with the extra 2nd rounder we pick up, we'd have a legitimate shot at one of the following names dropping to that spot - deebo samuel/hakeem butler/n'keal harry. what i'd have to get over is trading down to draft somebody like bradbury while losing out on a top DL/pass rushing talent or Taylor to do so. i don't think any of the DL/OLB talent we are interested in will still be present at 15, and those positions become harder to fill with each passing round, which can't really be said for WR.

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2019, 09:04:03 PM »
i know DK lit up the combine/social media, but how confident are we that a WR will go in the top 15 given the trend the last several years of teams not valuing WRs with high picks in the 1st round?

Is the position being undervalued, or have the last couple of wide receiver classes just been weak?  John Ross and Corey Davis both went in the top ten two years ago and neither of them were as strong a prospect as DK. 

Tags: