Author Topic: Trade Down Scenarios  (Read 8527 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Trade Down Scenarios
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2019, 09:11:52 PM »
Those QB drafts were much better

Of course, but a move to the spot requires a premium

Let’s say the Skins go from 15 to 3 for

15, 46, 76

2020 1 and 3

Way less value than above, but that haul could be franchise altering if we use it properly.
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2019, 10:44:42 PM »
Those QB drafts were much better
Maybe memory fails me, but I don't recall Goff being a hugely touted prospect at the time.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2019, 11:03:35 PM »
Maybe memory fails me, but I don't recall Goff being a hugely touted prospect at the time.

He most definitely was
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2019, 11:24:39 PM »
I was pretty confident that of the Big Three, Paxton Lynch was the safest bet.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »
I'm always a fan of trading down for more picks.

But I'm terrified of Maccagnan getting multiple 2s and screwing them up.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2019, 11:44:19 AM »
An NFL executive told SNY's Ralph Vacchiano why he or she really thinks we're hearing about the Jets and Houston DT Ed Oliver right now.

"Interesting that this Oliver stuff (with the Jets) comes out right after we all hear that the Raiders might be in love with Oliver," the executive said. "Sounds to me like the Jets are trying to smoke Gruden and Mayock into trading up a spot."

1) Kyler
2) Quinnen
3) Swap spots with Oakland for literally anything
4) Bosa
5) Profit.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2019, 11:55:05 AM »
I'm always a fan of trading down for more picks.

But I'm terrified of Maccagnan getting multiple 2s and screwing them up.

If he’s got them, our chances are better than if he doesn’t.

We have to acquire the picks and hope Macs the right guy if he isn’t we are screwed anyways

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2019, 12:18:51 PM »
If he’s got them, our chances are better than if he doesn’t.

We have to acquire the picks and hope Macs the right guy if he isn’t we are screwed anyways

And that's the point. I've been pretty vocally anti-Maccagnan.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2019, 01:19:39 PM »
And that's the point. I've been pretty vocally anti-Maccagnan.

The second half of my statement is still very true. If we have the wrong guy we are fucked.

If someone is good they need less darts to throw at the board to get a high cumulative score. If someone is bad they need more darts to get the same results. Solid you give someone who is already good more darts, then they will score higher.

So either way the more darts we have to fling at the dart board the better our chances of getting some decent players is. Obviously some darts are worth a lot more. But I just think more picks is always going to be better

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2019, 01:41:49 PM »
The second half of my statement is still very true. If we have the wrong guy we are fucked.

If someone is good they need less darts to throw at the board to get a high cumulative score. If someone is bad they need more darts to get the same results. Solid you give someone who is already good more darts, then they will score higher.

So either way the more darts we have to fling at the dart board the better our chances of getting some decent players is. Obviously some darts are worth a lot more. But I just think more picks is always going to be better

John Idzik had two handfuls of darts and couldn't hit the board much less score. Giving a bad dart player more darts just increases the odds he'll hit an innocent bystander in the eye.

That said, I'm still in a wait-and-see pattern with Maccagnan. My hope is that Bowles and his staff had way too much influence on the players drafted the last 3 years and that now that Maccagnan and his scouts are in control, they'll make better choices.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2019, 01:43:48 PM »
John Idzik had two handfuls of darts and couldn't hit the board much less score. Giving a bad dart player more darts just increases the odds he'll hit an innocent bystander in the eye.

That said, I'm still in a wait-and-see pattern with Maccagnan. My hope is that Bowles and his staff had way too much influence on the players drafted the last 3 years and that now that Maccagnan and his scouts are in control, they'll make better choices.

John Idzik is a glorified accountant with zero experience in scouting.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2019, 01:51:43 PM »
John Idzik is a glorified accountant with zero experience in scouting.

And Mike Maccagnan is a very experienced scout who drafted Christian Hackenberg, ArDarius Stewart, Lorenzo Mauldin, and Bryce Petty.

I'll happily credit him, if and when he puts a playoff-caliber roster together. He'll always get props from me for getting Darnold, but he has to do enough with the rest of the roster to make sure Darnold isn't wasted.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2019, 01:52:58 PM »
And Mike Maccagnan is a very experienced scout who drafted Christian Hackenberg, ArDarius Stewart, Lorenzo Mauldin, and Bryce Petty.

I'll happily credit him, if and when he puts a playoff-caliber roster together. He'll always get props from me for getting Darnold, but he has to do enough with the rest of the roster to make sure Darnold isn't wasted.

i like Duff more than Bradway and Idzik.  But the bar isn't set very high either.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2019, 02:03:11 PM »

It’s well-documented that the coaching staff (John Morton) asked for ArDarius Stewart.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »
Not sure how anyone can use Bryce Petty against Maccagnan either.

Tags: