Author Topic: 2019 NFL FA signings  (Read 17740 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: 2019 NFL FA signings
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 07:56:04 AM »
A year of his rookie deal is used up and he looked like one of the worst rookie QB's.

Did he? I didn't watch every Cards game but I thought he looked OK given how badly that line performed; that offense under McCoy was such a complete mess that I think it's hard to judge Rosen, and while the offense looked a bit better once Leftwich took over it was already a busted flush for the season.

I think that a fairly highly touted prospect who didn't embarrass himself in a shambolic team should probably attract a pick as high as the one used to draft him initially.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 08:35:31 AM »
The question is what the hell kind of compensation can Arizona get for Rosen?

A year of his rookie deal is used up and he looked like one of the worst rookie QB's. I'm guessing a late 1st is the ceiling for him?

According to sourcez, they’re asking for “at least a first” and that Washington hasn’t ducked out of the race yet at that price.

I think a 2nd is more realistic
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 08:42:38 AM »
Did he? I didn't watch every Cards game but I thought he looked OK given how badly that line performed; that offense under McCoy was such a complete mess that I think it's hard to judge Rosen, and while the offense looked a bit better once Leftwich took over it was already a busted flush for the season.

I think that a fairly highly touted prospect who didn't embarrass himself in a shambolic team should probably attract a pick as high as the one used to draft him initially.

Josh Allen: 2074 Yds, 52% Comp, 10 TDs 12 INTs, 6.5 YPC
Josh Rosen: 2278 Yds, 55% Comp, 11 TDs 14 INTs, 5.8 YPC

#Narrative

Funny how one guy gets touted as a young promising QB because he ran a lot due to his inability to make reads and being an awful passer.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 04:30:01 PM »
Chiefs released Justin Houston

pls sign him

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2019, 05:35:10 PM »
Chiefs released Justin Houston

pls sign him

Woah

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 09:37:18 AM »
For the second consecutive offseason, the club has placed the franchise tag on defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, with the hope they can finalize an extension by July 15.

Tank, as he’s affectionately known, played it cool last offseason and embraced his $17.1 million salary, as many of us would. But there are only a handful of men in the world who are capable of sacking NFL quarterbacks 14 1/2 times in a season, as Lawrence did in 2017. He is the most dynamic player on a highly-ranked defense that will likely be without oft-suspended pass-rusher Randy Gregory for part of next season. This man has something I’ve always lacked: some serious leverage.

Knowing this, Jerry Jones and son Stephen broached the subject of a contract extension with Lawrence’s agent during the combine. The two sides are reportedly pretty far apart, which is odd since this should be a straight-forward negotiation. Bears outside linebacker Khalil Mack, considered the top pass-rusher in the game, averages roughly $23.5 million per season. It doesn’t sound like Lawrence is dead-set on surpassing that number, so it’s likely somewhere in the $20 million per season range would get it done. The Cowboys know that Lawrence has had two back surgeries and is waiting to have a torn labrum surgically repaired. In fact, Lawrence reportedly won’t undergo surgery until an extension is in place.

I’d heard rumblings of a potential holdout, but I thought that was simply our old pal Clarence E. Hill trying to drum up some clicks. Now, it looks like this thing could get a bit ugly. A team source told me Monday that it would take 3-4 months for Lawrence to return to the field following surgery. That means he’d need to have the surgery soon in order to be ready for training camp at the end of July.

I know the Cowboys have a lot on their plate with negotiations looming with Dak Prescott, Zeke Elliott and Amari Cooper. Even Cole Beasley’s been making some demands lately. None of that should stand in the way of getting this Lawrence contract finalized. He’s the top performer on the side of the ball the Cowboys leaned on heavily last season. It doesn’t seem that complicated. I don’t think Lawrence is wired to go as far as Le’Veon Bell did with the Steelers but he’s not pleased that this negotiation will last into the summer.

Lawrence will play it cooler than Dez Bryant did when he was seeking a contract extension. Tank tends to have a lighter touch than Dez on social media. But you don’t want your most important player on defense putting a surgery on hold and possibly missing the first part of the season. This is when Jerry is supposed to settle things down and strike a deal. Unfortunately, he’s missed one deadline.

And if he waits until the next one, the season could be in jeopardy.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 11:06:15 PM »
It appears the Browns are poised to make a big splash. Cryptic tweets from Browns players and Cleveland media followed by a cryptic tweet by ODB. Could be nothing but there’s a lot of buzz.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:33:29 PM by SixFeetDeep »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 06:11:00 AM »
It appears the Browns are poised to make a big splash. Cryptic tweets from Browns players and Cleveland media followed by a cryptic tweet by ODB. Could be nothing but there’s a lot of buss.

I hope they trade the farm and then the Giants give us Cleveland’s farm and their own to go get a future bust QB
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 09:28:43 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1103117627709374465

Cowboys not in on Earl Thomas, Landon Collins, or Weddle

My friends have been telling me for literally years Earl Thomas was a lock to come there

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2019, 09:31:45 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/1103117627709374465

Cowboys not in on Earl Thomas, Landon Collins, or Weddle

My friends have been telling me for literally years Earl Thomas was a lock to come there

They just gave Lawrence a shitload of money on a year 2 franchise tag, and Thomas and Collins both want huge money. Weddle's 34 and looks like he might be in decline now, and as (I think) you observed yesterday the market for safeties is really soft.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2019, 09:38:28 AM »
They just gave Lawrence a shitload of money on a year 2 franchise tag, and Thomas and Collins both want huge money. Weddle's 34 and looks like he might be in decline now, and as (I think) you observed yesterday the market for safeties is really soft.

They also have to worry about extensions for Dak, Amari, and Byron Jones. Their defense will be fine without him, it’s just funny to me considering all of the Thomas to Dallas talk the past couple years.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2019, 09:51:12 AM »
Free Agent Safety Class:

Landon Collins
Eric Weddle
Earl Thomas
LaMarcus Joyner
Tyrann Mathieu
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Adrian Amos
Tre Boston

Jonathan Cyprien
Kenny Vaccaro
Anthony Harris
George Iloka
Glover Quin

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2019, 12:12:28 PM »
Joyner as a nickel defender would be awesome
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2019, 12:26:02 PM »
Secondary is an underrated need for us this offseason. With loads of money and few high end target to spend it on, I wouldn’t be surprised if we scooped a bottom of tier 1 safety to create a rotation/insurance for Maye. That and Joyner would be an infinite upgrade on skrine
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 12:28:38 PM »
Looks like some good players coming available. Between now and training camp cuts (and the draft) we can put a team together.

Hope they're not dressed like a bunch of fags or gang members.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Tags: