Author Topic: Jake Conklin expected to sign with Jets, or not  (Read 7965 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: Jake Conklin expected to sign with Jets, or not
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2020, 07:34:16 PM »
No team is going to give him Carte Blanche with his off field issues, that language will be in any contract that Robby would even consider financially.

Right now we are all just hoping the rumors are true and that this class of WR is pushing his value down to $11 million per year or less. If that happens it’s a bargain deal given what Alshon Jeffery and Tyrell Williams are being paid right now.

He's supposedly one of the top wideouts to hit free agency

He's not going to be that cheap

But I'd have zero complaints if we signed him for the 11m/yr

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2020, 08:01:56 PM »
The issue is Robbie is overpriced as freak

At around 16 million a year he's GTFO of here stupid overpriced

At around 13 million a year he's just getting paid more than he's worth

Not to mention the dudes an absolute freaking excrement head off the field telling a cop he's going to nut in his wife's eye? Do you really trust a guy like that with a 4 year deal where he would be paid fairly well and more than he's worth?

He's going to be an UFA so it's not like we can dick him around with some jerkoff deal where we can cut him at anytime for next to nothing
Where the hell is $16 million per year coming from?  No one would pay him that.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2020, 08:08:02 PM »
Where the hell is $16 million per year coming from?  No one would pay him that.

Think it had to do with the transition tag

But the numbers being floated is he's expected to get 13-15/yr and the Jets would be comfortable giving him 10

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2020, 08:13:32 PM »
Think it had to do with the transition tag

But the numbers being floated is he's expected to get 13-15/yr and the Jets would be comfortable giving him 10

But as has been reported his market doesn’t exist because teams are thinking to themselves I can draft 2-3 of these WRs and get similar production for nearly none of the money. Sure somebody will pay him, but possibly like Bell last year nobody will pay what he wants because, and we love Robby, he isn’t a superstar at the position. Hell I don’t think Cooper ends up with a deal over $15 million. No chance Robby gets close to that.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2020, 08:32:52 PM »
But as has been reported his market doesn’t exist because teams are thinking to themselves I can draft 2-3 of these WRs and get similar production for nearly none of the money. Sure somebody will pay him, but possibly like Bell last year nobody will pay what he wants because, and we love Robby, he isn’t a superstar at the position. Hell I don’t think Cooper ends up with a deal over $15 million. No chance Robby gets close to that.

Sportrac estimates Cooper getting 5 years 98 million

Others are predicting Cooper to be the first wideout to get a 100 million dollar contract

Regardless one things that certain is he's getting way more than 15 a year

Even if some funky CBA excrement goes down where he ends up franchise tagged
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 08:42:01 PM by dcm1602 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2020, 08:43:27 PM »
The issue is Robbie is overpriced as freak

At around 16 million a year he's GTFO of here stupid overpriced

At around 13 million a year he's just getting paid more than he's worth

Not to mention the dudes an absolute freaking excrement head off the field telling a cop he's going to nut in his wife's eye? Do you really trust a guy like that with a 4 year deal where he would be paid fairly well and more than he's worth?

He's going to be an UFA so it's not like we can dick him around with some jerkoff deal where we can cut him at anytime for next to nothing

Not a hint of trouble for a couple of years, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I think it's long enough now that we can put the whole cop thing aside as youthful idiocy that he's hopefully grown out of. He's improved his route running every year and while he's never going to be great in traffic because he's slight, he's a good weapon that can do a few things and has chemistry with Sam. At $13M per I think that's probably about right.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: