Author Topic: Gregggggg Williams fireddddd  (Read 32236 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Gregggggg Williams fireddddd
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2019, 06:20:02 PM »
How can you provide help to a LB that got beat off the snap when you’re 30+ yards away? Not easy to close the gap on that type of player when he has a running start and an open field to run in.

I need a few more games to fully get an idea what Gregg is doing with the deep safety, but Maye should've been running the alley as soon as that ball came out.  I'm assuming he has the free safety making flat foot reads which should limit big plays.

Nothing wrong with having a deep safety 18-20 yards off the ball.  There's quite a few armchair defensive coordinators claiming that they can't see him on the TV screen.  In All-22, he's reasonably aligned in the middle of the field/strength. 

On the play, there's no way Beckham should've had a free release there -- there's two defensive backs covering three receivers.  It makes no sense to me. 

Poole has outside leverage on Beckham, so it's not his responsibility.  There needed to be a backer there to collision Beckham, but the LBs were playing run and the RPO got them. 

The coverage just completely baffles me.  I'm not sure if Roberts was supposed to take the #2 and pass the #1 over the top the safety.  Even if that was the case, Poole either completely fucked up or Maye made an awful read to play the #1.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:27:39 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #151 on: November 25, 2019, 11:50:44 AM »
vs Raiders:

Poole: 0 targets

Maulet: 7 targets, 6 catches, 33 yards (4.7/target), 1 first down

Austin: 6 targets, 3 catches, 24 yards (4.0/target), 2 first downs

Against an Oakland team that entered #7 in pass offense DVOA. Incredible the Jets are getting this out of CB

Nania
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

WD40

• Drew Coleman
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2019, 03:19:38 PM »
A toast to a man who is absolutely making chicken salad.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff/2019

I know people have different perceptions around advanced stats, but I've generally felt like Football Outsiders lines things up well with reality. Top 5 defense. 

Also, not Gregg Williams related, but top 3 special teams, which is insane considering the turnover there.  Brant Boyer is a special teams God.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2019, 03:39:44 PM »
A toast to a man who is absolutely making chicken salad.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff/2019

I know people have different perceptions around advanced stats, but I've generally felt like Football Outsiders lines things up well with reality. Top 5 defense. 

Also, not Gregg Williams related, but top 3 special teams, which is insane considering the turnover there.  Brant Boyer is a special teams God.
Crazy considering our CB and ILB situation. Gregg has done a hell of a job here. Boyer, too. If the offense looks anything like it did the last few weeks, we have a solid chance to be a playoff team next season.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2019, 04:11:52 PM »
hey it gegg
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2019, 04:58:25 PM »
How the hell do we have a top 3 ST unit given the shiftiness we have had at K? Don’t get me wrong Ficken is the best we’ve had this season, but everyone will be pissed if we don’t upgrade in the offaeason
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2019, 07:57:33 PM »
What are the odds Williams gets HC interviews this offseason?

He's more than qualified

I think bounty gate is the only reason he's not one now

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2019, 12:39:10 PM »
hey it gegg

Every time I see Pete Buttigieg's name in the news I think of this.

What are the odds Williams gets HC interviews this offseason?

He's more than qualified

I think bounty gate is the only reason he's not one now

Or it could be the multiple times he was a head coach and maybe didn't prove himself. Granted, it was the Bills and only interim with Cleveland, but he's had a couple of chances already.

I don't think he's going anywhere for at least the next year.

Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2019, 12:47:27 PM »
The Bills thing was almost 20 years ago

And with the Browns he was interim coach for a few weeks, and by all accounts was rather successful at it. Replacing him the team has regressed significantly while becoming more talented.

Regardless I'm not convinced he gets a HC job, but I think he's an interview candidate

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2019, 12:49:29 PM »
Geg will get interviews.  He's done an incredible job with what he had to work with this year. 

#ChickenSaladFromChickenShit
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »
I'd be very surprised if he wasn't at least considered for the Redskins job. Apparently Snyder has a lot of affinity for him and wanted to bring him in last year as the DC.

Then again, they did pass on him once when he coached under Gibbs for Jim Zorn (lmao), and, as always, this is the Redskins we're talking about.

I think given the struggles of the "offensive hot shots" (McVay, Nagy, Gase) you're going to see defensive coordinators get a lot more attention when it comes to head coaching jobs. Robert Saleh immediately comes to mind as a guy that I think is going to be on the wish list for teams looking for a new coach.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2019, 01:02:47 PM »
I could see him getting interviews, but I still don't think he gets a new job this offseason.

I'll say this, I didn't really want him here, and I really didn't want him here with Gase, but the job he's done has completely changed my mind on him. I'm still iffy on Gase, but Williams has been fantastic.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2019, 12:12:22 PM »
Gregg Williams asked if he wants to be an HC: “I love it here.”

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2019, 12:19:04 PM »
Geg for HC

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2019, 12:36:47 PM »
Funny that no one is making excuses for the massive injuries and talent vacuums on defense as to why his unit has underperformed this season. It's almost like good coaching and understanding how to best use the available players goes a good way to making up for such things.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: