Author Topic: Kyler Murray (Future #1 Pick) entering 2019 NFL Draft - A Hype Train Thread  (Read 14221 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Kyler Murray reportedly leaning towards entering NFL Draft
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 07:00:24 PM »
He is guaranteed to play football in the NFL. He is not guaranteed to play Major League baseball because the distance from the draft to MLB is so huge. I don't see any way he doesn't play football.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 07:28:56 PM »
He is guaranteed to play football in the NFL. He is not guaranteed to play Major League baseball because the distance from the draft to MLB is so huge. I don't see any way he doesn't play football.
plus I’d say his chances of going a baseball minor league team if he doesn’t make it in the NFL in 4-5 years is pretty good. His chances of getting on an nfl roster in 3 years if he goes baseball and it doesn’t work out is not very good at all.
Need a new one for a new board...

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 08:12:43 PM »
this is honestly a no-brainer decision. it seems like he has a good shot of getting drafted in one of the first 2 rounds of the nfl, securing a pretty decent rookie contract, comparable if not more to the signing bonus he'd get as an MLB player after he signs his rookie contract

even as a backup on an NFL roster he'd have much more national exposure than he would as a minor league player for years, and i can only imagine that endorsement opportunities to make money outside of his professional contract would be much more feasible as an NFL player

even if he doesn't make it as a star or a starter at the NFL level, he can still make himself a very good living as a backup QB throughout his career.

i will admit i do not know much about his MLB prospects, but the only way deciding to go the MLB route trumps any of this is if he makes it as a star player in the MLB, and this is something that is far from guaranteed despite his high draft position in the MLB draft, and is a process that would take roughly 3 years before he'd even be at a level where he would be considered as a call-up to the ML level

there is no decision here
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 08:14:20 PM by d sw0rdz »

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 11:38:28 PM »
It's not really a gamble for him.  The MLB is behind the A's trying to give him more money.  If the A's give him 15 million and put him on the 40 man, there's zero reason for him to ever play football.  The idea that he could have a baseball career after failing in football isn't realistic.  He'd get a small signing bonus and assigned to low A never to make money again unless he reached the majors at nearly 30 to make a 500k salary for 5 years.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 05:54:52 AM »
It's not really a gamble for him.  The MLB is behind the A's trying to give him more money.  If the A's give him 15 million and put him on the 40 man, there's zero reason for him to ever play football.  The idea that he could have a baseball career after failing in football isn't realistic.  He'd get a small signing bonus and assigned to low A never to make money again unless he reached the majors at nearly 30 to make a 500k salary for 5 years.

I didn’t say it was likely successful, but his chances of going to baseball in a few years and still getting paid to play is a hell of a lot higher than his chances of coming back to football and being paid to play.
Need a new one for a new board...

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2019, 09:16:09 AM »
His potential earnings are much higher in baseball, his quality of life/health is much higher in baseball... I don’t really know why he’d play football, especially if the A’s give him a new contract. Sure, he’ll have to go through the minors, but he was drafted in the top 10 with under 250 college at bats and the risk of playing/choosing football. Clearly the MLB world thinks highly of him and it would probably be a shock to see him not make the majors.

I would say that his floor is much higher with football, but of course it introduces the potential health risks.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 02:38:09 PM »
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Following Following @AdamSchefter
More
Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray has submitted the paperwork to turn pro and plans to enter the NFL draft. Murray has informed the Oakland A’s of his intention to follow his heart to the NFL, where many project him to be a first-round pick.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Kyler Murray entering 2019 NFL Draft
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 02:45:54 PM »
Take him Kliff!!!
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 05:06:51 PM »
Kyler Murray hype train

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 06:28:45 PM »
This guy will have flashes and then fizzle out into excrement tier status

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 09:02:44 PM »
Well at least we're not in the market for a quarterback for once.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2019, 09:28:43 AM »
Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray chose Erik Burkhardt as his agent, per sources.

Burkhardt also represents Cardinals’ HC Kliff Kingsbury, who said last fall he would take Murray if he had the No. 1 overall pick.

-Schefter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 09:30:57 AM »
@EricGalko:

Finally decided to do a Mock today based on what I’ve heard/know:

1. #Cardinals - QB Kyler Murray

etc.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Kyler Murray entering 2019 NFL Draft (A Hype Train Thread)
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 09:38:22 AM »
This actually makes sense to me. Rosen looked awful last year.

Murray could be a really good fit for Kliff Kingsbury’s system. Look at the QBs he’s recruited - Manziel, Baker, Mahomes. They’re not expected to be good next year so why not move forward with the QB that lets you run your offense best.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Kyler Murray entering 2019 NFL Draft (A Hype Train Thread)
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2019, 09:41:36 AM »
Murray hired the same agent as Kingsbury. 

Do it, Arizona.

EDIT:  SFD is greasy
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: