Author Topic: The Curious Case of Adam Gase  (Read 311621 times)

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
Re: The Curious Case of Adam Gase - freaking Fired
« Reply #2685 on: September 17, 2020, 01:26:18 PM »
If we get blown out by a scrub Niners team, that seat gets a hell of a lot hotter. 

I'm expecting it. His seat is already ablaze.

I just hope when this clueless franchise gets rid of this bum, they don't hand the playcalling to Lolwell Lolgains

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2686 on: September 17, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »
I just hope when this clueless franchise gets rid of this bum, they don't hand the playcalling to Lolwell Lolgains

they should probably give playcalling to Shawn Jefferson or Jim Bob Cooter
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2687 on: September 17, 2020, 02:00:22 PM »
Adam Gase designed his coaching staff with the poison pill that you can’t fire him because there’s no real OC/QB coach to take over
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2688 on: September 17, 2020, 02:04:44 PM »

or Hines Ward.  We're already heavily penalized, might as well add some dirty hits.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2689 on: September 17, 2020, 02:05:27 PM »
Adam Gase designed his coaching staff with the poison pill that you can’t fire him because there’s no real OC/QB coach to take over

There isn't one now.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2690 on: September 17, 2020, 02:16:22 PM »
Orlovsky joining in now:

Dan Orlovsky @danorlovsky7

I’m aware that Adam Gase hasn’t had much talent to work with when it comes to the @nyjets
BUT—a “brilliant offensive mind” would be taking those players that lack talent & helping/getting them to outperform that talent. That’s what brilliance would be doing. He isn’t.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2691 on: September 17, 2020, 02:16:32 PM »
Shawn jefferson does not sound very intelligent when he speaks at press conferences

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2692 on: September 17, 2020, 02:23:25 PM »
Orlovsky joining in now:

I have no problem with anything that was said here.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2693 on: September 17, 2020, 02:33:33 PM »
I have no problem with anything that was said here.

That’s the best argument that can be had. If Gase needs exceptional players to look like a good coach, you aren’t a good coach.

The mark of a good coach is never what they can do with a perfect cast, it’s can they make below average guys average and average guys above average. Can they elevate good players to become great ones? From what we have seen from Gase the answer is no freaking chance. In fact he seems to be taking average guys and making them perform poorly or worse.

Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2694 on: September 17, 2020, 02:47:08 PM »
That’s the best argument that can be had. If Gase needs exceptional players to look like a good coach, you aren’t a good coach.

The mark of a good coach is never what they can do with a perfect cast, it’s can they make below average guys average and average guys above average. Can they elevate good players to become great ones? From what we have seen from Gase the answer is no freaking chance. In fact he seems to be taking average guys and making them perform poorly or worse.

this was the argument some of us made last season.  But we were told "roster bad, not gase's fault".
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2695 on: September 17, 2020, 03:39:48 PM »
this was the argument some of us made last season.  But we were told "roster bad, not gase's fault".

Not sure why you are arguing with me, I wanted him fired before Th e Cowboys game last year. There is no way in hell those performances with Sam out with mono weren’t completely phoned in on the offensive side of the ball.

And there is a difference between reaching your ceiling with the talent you have and absolutely not being competitive in any regard with talent. This team is freaking terrible I fully believe that. But give this roster to a strong coach and they could keep this team “in the hunt” until thanksgiving. If we aren’t completely out of it by week 5 I will be stunned at the turn around we have had. 

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2696 on: September 17, 2020, 03:49:51 PM »
Not sure why you are arguing with me, I wanted him fired before Th e Cowboys game last year. There is no way in hell those performances with Sam out with mono weren’t completely phoned in on the offensive side of the ball.

And there is a difference between reaching your ceiling with the talent you have and absolutely not being competitive in any regard with talent. This team is freaking terrible I fully believe that. But give this roster to a strong coach and they could keep this team “in the hunt” until thanksgiving. If we aren’t completely out of it by week 5 I will be stunned at the turn around we have had. 

I don't think he is disagreeing with you...he's merely highlighting the excuse from the Gase supporters.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2697 on: September 17, 2020, 04:38:20 PM »
I don't think he is disagreeing with you...he's merely highlighting the excuse from the Gase supporters.

The problem is I don’t think anyone really supported Gase. It was at best acceptance that we wouldn’t fire a guy who almost went 0.500 in his first season with a excrement team. So people were trying to look for something positive to cling to

Fast forward and positivity is completely gone from basically any jets fan anywhere.

I said it when we didn’t fire him after last year, we won’t fire him for a while this year. If ownership was thinking at the end of last year “well if it doesn’t work out, I can always fire him week 3 or week 4” then he never should have been retained. NO ONE goes into a season expecting to fire their coach. So I resigned myself to at least a half season of Gase ball this year when we didn’t can him last year.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2698 on: September 17, 2020, 05:00:46 PM »
Such a sound investment strategy. They always say "Keep throwing good money after bad"
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2699 on: September 17, 2020, 06:47:46 PM »
Imagine being a season ticket holder for this franchise....jesus.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Tags: