Author Topic: The Curious Case of Adam Gase  (Read 311581 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: The Curious Case of Adam Gase - freaking Fired
« Reply #2175 on: January 29, 2020, 05:58:54 PM »
I don't understand the whole "I don't interact with injured players" thing that Adam Gase does.

Maybe they are in different places getting treatment, but he should still touch base with them. 

That's my biggest concern about him as a head coach.
Devil's advocate, maybe he feels that it's a waste of time to focus any energy or time on anyone who can't help that week in the game plan.  I don't understand how it would be that hard to speak to an injured player periodically to touch base, but he's wired a bit different.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2176 on: January 30, 2020, 10:22:34 AM »
I don't understand the whole "I don't interact with injured players" thing that Adam Gase does.

Maybe they are in different places getting treatment, but he should still touch base with them. 

That's my biggest concern about him as a head coach.

So really, other than the anti-Gase side nitpicking everything, you actually have the same core problem as us. His social/leadership skills seem to suck.

You can make valid arguments that the offensive production was or wasn't his fault this season. You can hold his past years against him or not with equal validity.

But the way he treats people sucks and there really isn't a way to defend it. And that's a central part of the job of head coach of an NFL team.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2177 on: January 30, 2020, 11:10:53 AM »
So really, other than the anti-Gase side nitpicking everything, you actually have the same core problem as us. His social/leadership skills seem to suck.

You can make valid arguments that the offensive production was or wasn't his fault this season. You can hold his past years against him or not with equal validity.

But the way he treats people sucks and there really isn't a way to defend it. And that's a central part of the job of head coach of an NFL team.

I can agree with this. To me it still comes down to wins and losses in the end, and 7-9 in one season here isn't enough to tell us it's definitely gong to work out or it's definitely not.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2178 on: January 30, 2020, 11:21:55 AM »
I can agree with this. To me it still comes down to wins and losses in the end, and 7-9 in one season here isn't enough to tell us it's definitely gong to work out or it's definitely not.

If wins and losses is your bottom line, why do you keep pining for Rex Ryan?  His career win/loss record as a HC is 61-66...that's .480 win percentage.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2179 on: January 30, 2020, 11:33:53 AM »
If wins and losses is your bottom line, why do you keep pining for Rex Ryan?  His career win/loss record as a HC is 61-66...that's .480 win percentage.

Gase is .438 with the Jets and .455 for his career and Seafood's happy with that, maybe he just has really low standards.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2180 on: January 30, 2020, 11:38:34 AM »
Gase is .438 with the Jets and .455 for his career and Seafood's happy with that, maybe he just has really low standards.

"it all comes down to wins and losses in the end"

okie dokie
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2181 on: January 30, 2020, 11:40:20 AM »
Well he is a Jets fan...
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2182 on: January 30, 2020, 11:41:24 AM »

Because Rex was 24-14 in his first two seasons, which tells you he can win with a decent team, and win in the playoffs and on the road in the playoffs. That's a lot different than going 7-9 for six years. We've had this conversation already, obviously nothing soaked through that brick wall.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2183 on: January 30, 2020, 11:47:41 AM »
Because Rex was 24-14 in his first two seasons, which tells you he can win with a decent team, and win in the playoffs and on the road in the playoffs. That's a lot different than going 7-9 for six years. We've had this conversation already, obviously nothing soaked through that brick wall.

Except his head coaching tenure lasted 8 years.  Nobody gives a excrement about a small sample size like 2 years....well except for you.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2184 on: January 30, 2020, 12:14:14 PM »
Except his head coaching tenure lasted 8 years.  Nobody gives a excrement about a small sample size like 2 years....well except for you.

He proved he could win, and win high level games. If he couldn't win we'd never have gone 24-14 over any two seasons, never have gone to consecutive Championship Games. One year could be a fluke, two in a row is not. 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2185 on: January 30, 2020, 12:32:21 PM »
It's a terrible, confirmation-bias masturbation point. He helped put together the crappy teams that cause his winning percentage to become what it was. Just freaking stop.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2186 on: January 30, 2020, 12:39:08 PM »
It's a terrible, confirmation-bias masturbation point. He helped put together the crappy teams that cause his winning percentage to become what it was. Just freaking stop.

His job was to coach the team, which he proved he could do. Nobody said he was flawless and he wasn't the GM. Get players and he can win, the problem wasn't the coach. How many more inferior coaches do we need to hire until you guys get that? You probably never will if you haven't by now.

You guys seriously think I'm going to do this for eight months? You can't justify firing the guy you want to fire because he finished 7-9 so now you want to go back and debate Rex again? If you can't figure out the difference by now that's on you.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2187 on: January 30, 2020, 01:12:47 PM »
He proved he could win, and win high level games. If he couldn't win we'd never have gone 24-14 over any two seasons, never have gone to consecutive Championship Games. One year could be a fluke, two in a row is not. 

Neither is 6 losing seasons in a row (with 2 different teams).  Pretty sure Rex got exposed after his first 2 years.  But don't let facts stop you from believing your fairy tales.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2188 on: January 30, 2020, 01:13:23 PM »

This

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #2189 on: January 30, 2020, 01:14:54 PM »
His job was to coach the team, which he proved he could do. Nobody said he was flawless and he wasn't the GM. Get players and he can win, the problem wasn't the coach. How many more inferior coaches do we need to hire until you guys get that? You probably never will if you haven't by now.

You guys seriously think I'm going to do this for eight months? You can't justify firing the guy you want to fire because he finished 7-9 so now you want to go back and debate Rex again? If you can't figure out the difference by now that's on you.

Here come the flood of excuses. lol

You said wins and losses are your bottom line.  Clearly it isn't.  Otherwise you wouldn't be sucking Rex's schwanz 24/7.

Tags: