Author Topic: The Curious Case of Adam Gase  (Read 316054 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: The Curious Case of Adam Gase - freaking Fired
« Reply #2145 on: January 16, 2020, 09:15:40 AM »
Any chance the injuries are just in the category of "excrement happens"?

Rosetta Stoned

• Laveranues Coles
  • Holy freaking excrement
« Reply #2146 on: January 16, 2020, 09:25:23 AM »
The recoveries and the corresponding treatment isn't on the strength guy, that's on the Dr. and the team's therapists. They're the ones creating the treatment plans. The strength guy should be the one preventing injuries in the first place and they should look at all of them because something was seriously wrong there.

Douglas addressed this in his season ending presser, that they will do a thorough investigation on why there were so many injuries. Guess a process of that magnitude will just take more than two weeks.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2147 on: January 16, 2020, 09:26:23 AM »
Any chance the injuries are just in the category of "excrement happens"?

that was a massive pile of excrement this year. 

Gase dealt with an above average amount of injuries in Miami too.  I'm wondering if there's a correlation or if it's just a weird coincidence.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2148 on: January 16, 2020, 09:29:47 AM »
The recoveries and the corresponding treatment isn't on the strength guy, that's on the Dr. and the team's therapists. They're the ones creating the treatment plans. The strength guy should be the one preventing injuries in the first place and they should look at all of them because something was seriously wrong there.
Does that fall on the head coach? My guess would be that they would report separately to the GM, but it is only a guess. It's probably also a slightly less urgent change than any you might make to the coaching staff, as they're presumably not part of any FA or draft decisions.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2149 on: January 16, 2020, 09:34:12 AM »
Does that fall on the head coach? My guess would be that they would report separately to the GM, but it is only a guess. It's probably also a slightly less urgent change than any you might make to the coaching staff, as they're presumably not part of any FA or draft decisions.

But they're still treating and diagnosing injured players all year round.  There is no offseason for the medical staff. 

If they're not doing a satisfactory job, i would want them out of the building asap.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2150 on: January 16, 2020, 10:28:26 AM »

Gase dealt with an above average amount of injuries in Miami too.  I'm wondering if there's a correlation or if it's just a weird coincidence.

Wasn't the strength and conditioning coach in Miami the one doing coke and banging bookers or some excrement

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2151 on: January 16, 2020, 11:11:53 AM »
Wasn't the strength and conditioning coach in Miami the one doing coke and banging bookers or some excrement

That was Loggains
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #2152 on: January 16, 2020, 11:26:13 AM »
Who doesn't do coke and bang hookers in Miami? That's what it's there for.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2153 on: January 16, 2020, 11:45:42 AM »

That was the OL coach
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2154 on: January 16, 2020, 12:24:21 PM »
The NY Yankees had record-setting injuries in the 2019 season. They revamped their S&C staff.

The Jets should be doing the same. But as was said, that's likely a lot more a function of Douglas' job than Gase's.

As far as his coaching staff, I don't know why anyone expected any changes. If you're anti-Gase, you already operate under the assumption that he's incredibly resistant to change and feedback and doesn't accept any shortcomings you believe you see.

Why would he fire Loggains? You never get rid of your most trusted lackey. He's nothing but a placeholder (challenge flag holder too) "OC."
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2155 on: January 16, 2020, 01:24:55 PM »
We don’t have a real OC or QB coach- that’s how you develop a QB! Only Gase can show him the way
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #2156 on: January 16, 2020, 02:31:35 PM »
Incredible that we see teams that made the playoffs make adjustments to their coaching staff in an attempt to get better, but we're stuck with an poopchute that stands pat while being ranked dead last in offense.  It's either pure stubbornness or no one wants to work for this excrement head...or both

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2157 on: January 16, 2020, 06:34:17 PM »
I think injuries mostly come down to shitty luck. It’s not like they’re hiring random bro’s off Instagram. The guys at these top levels are all certified pros

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2158 on: January 16, 2020, 08:32:18 PM »

Nania said a couple of weeks ago that the Jets have been top 5 in injuries for the last three years. It didn’t start with Gase. I don’t know if it’s the same conditioning staff or not.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2159 on: January 16, 2020, 09:02:44 PM »

I don't know the exact process but a treatment plan and such is created for a player and relayed. As far as I know, the coach GM shouldn't have too much input as they're not medical people but we all know that's probably not the case. Their jobs, in many cases, hinge on players not being out too long. So in the past coaches and GM's don't exactly have the players best interest at heart. I think that's changed somewhat as players now have more input then ever in their treatments.

Anyway, one year of injuries is a small sample size and not any indication of a poor medical, strength and conditioning staff, especially in Football.

What gives me pause is the handling of Osemele which was flat out weird and Moseley groin. The Jets with Pearlman and his interesting (criminal really) take on concussions and thru this year don't have a great reputation for medical staffing. So yeah I would love them to take a look at things. I don't know what that entails and how long it should take. It's the offseason so take your time. NYC has some of the finest Dr's in the world and they're not going anywhere.

The only part on Gase that I know is they put rehabbing players fines out in the open on an electronic board like a bunch of putzes, that's on the coach. Other than that the practices are governed by the CBA so I don't think the injuries are the result of anything Gase has done. Even when Williamson was injured in preseason, he begged to stay in the game. That's bad luck...

I think Gase is what he is, not very good, but the injuries are not something to pin on him. It's the NFL.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:07:19 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: