Author Topic: The Curious Case of Adam Gase  (Read 316062 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: The Curious Case of Adam Gase - freaking Fired
« Reply #2130 on: January 15, 2020, 08:29:30 PM »
Holy freak this is exactly what I didn’t want to read during the entire offseason.

We know who hates him (I’m one of those). We know why.

He’s not getting fired before next season starts unless he gets a dui or punches his wife, neither of which have been a problem for him in the past, so let’s just take a break on this thread for a month.

this LOL. i'm not a gase fan but there is no way you can justify firing him after a season in which our team and offensive line got wrecked the way they did with injuries. the horrible talent and depth we had on the OL coming in this year had absolutely nothing to do with either gase or douglas, it had everything to do with maccagnan's horrible GM-ing. i understand there has been an effort to paint gase as an offensive guru and people are mad, but there is no way to scheme against what happened to our team this year. people are mad that he didn't make gold out of broken 10 cent packs of ramen noodle soup.

he is getting another shot at it next year, get over it.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2131 on: January 15, 2020, 08:48:51 PM »
If we Fire Gase now, we can prob get some Cap Savings to use toward our next head coach contract
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2132 on: January 15, 2020, 08:57:07 PM »
I’m sure offense and QB development are a big piece but as dumb as our owners have been, I don’t think they’d hire a head coach if he didn’t have an entire plan in place when being interviewed.

People don’t want to give the dude any credit.  This is his staff.  He retained Boyer.  He brought in Gregg Williams and that defensive staff.

This is his coaching staff. 

Everyone wants to whine about Loggains, but not applaud him for Gregg.

That's not true
greg was mandated
And it's been said on multiple occasions that gase has nothing to do with the defense

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #2133 on: January 15, 2020, 09:00:11 PM »
No you're not, you're changing things we say to argue with a boogeyman because you have no argument. Nobody is looking to extend Gase for five years at this point, and the last time I checked, pro football was a business based on winning or losing first and foremost. The record didn't end up nearly as the doomsayers were hoping for at 1-7, so you've painted yourselves into a corner now of wanting to fire a coach over stats. If the stats were better and the record was worse you'd be going that way, and you'd have more of a case, but you don't so you have to play word games.
Technically it's based on championships

Gase has won zero in 4 years
#FireGase

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #2134 on: January 15, 2020, 09:17:30 PM »
Gase is a fuckin BEAST

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2135 on: January 15, 2020, 10:20:13 PM »
Technically it's based on championships

Gase has won zero in 4 years
#FireGase

#Champed

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2136 on: January 15, 2020, 10:33:29 PM »
That's not true

Everyone was mandated except for Dowell Loggains, right? 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2138 on: January 16, 2020, 12:04:39 AM »
Everyone was mandated except for Dowell Loggains, right? 
On a serious note, the fact that Gase has done nothing to change the offensive staff really puts pressure on him next year. I didn't think he would make significant changes since he runs the offense, so he wants guys he is comfortable working with. But even with the offensive line issues, the offense was still hard to watch last season. By not making any changes, this puts more pressure on himself to get it done next year.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2139 on: January 16, 2020, 05:37:47 AM »
On a serious note, the fact that Gase has done nothing to change the offensive staff really puts pressure on him next year. I didn't think he would make significant changes since he runs the offense, so he wants guys he is comfortable working with. But even with the offensive line issues, the offense was still hard to watch last season. By not making any changes, this puts more pressure on himself to get it done next year.

I wanted Gase to make tweaks to the staff, didn’t expect him to. The guy is in a serious case of denial if he thinks Dowell Loggains is an asset to him and will help him succeed.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2140 on: January 16, 2020, 05:38:35 AM »
But we still love you Dowell!

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2141 on: January 16, 2020, 06:27:59 AM »
I wanted Gase to make tweaks to the staff, didn’t expect him to. The guy is in a serious case of denial if he thinks Dowell Loggains is an asset to him and will help him succeed.

Why cant these freaking coaches see what we see every week? It's just depressing.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2142 on: January 16, 2020, 08:05:11 AM »
I'm with you here.

You would think since our offense was ranked dead last, there would be some coaching turnover.  I'm blown away Gase stood pat.

Even more surprising is that Gase hasn't fired his strength and conditioning staff.  Players are going to get injured....but the way they handled their recoveries (ie Mosley) was subpar.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:08:05 AM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #2143 on: January 16, 2020, 09:04:25 AM »
I'm with you here.

You would think since our offense was ranked dead last, there would be some coaching turnover.  I'm blown away Gase stood pat.

Even more surprising is that Gase hasn't fired his strength and conditioning staff.  Players are going to get injured....but the way they handled their recoveries (ie Mosley) was subpar.

The recoveries and the corresponding treatment isn't on the strength guy, that's on the Dr. and the team's therapists. They're the ones creating the treatment plans. The strength guy should be the one preventing injuries in the first place and they should look at all of them because something was seriously wrong there.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2144 on: January 16, 2020, 09:09:36 AM »
The recoveries and the corresponding treatment isn't on the strength guy, that's on the Dr. and the team's therapists. They're the ones creating the treatment plans. The strength guy should be the one preventing injuries in the first place and they should look at all of them because something was seriously wrong there.

Agreed.

I guess they all got raises because the jets went 6-2 down the stretch.  ::)
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: