Author Topic: The Curious Case of Adam Gase  (Read 316472 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: The Curious Case of Adam Gase - freaking Fired
« Reply #1620 on: December 08, 2019, 01:11:54 AM »
We know the OL is bad. We’ve known the OL has been bad for years. Now that we have that out of the way, we can focus on the thread topic.

Adam Gase doesn’t know how to use Le’Veon Bell, and we face the real possibility that the most exciting offensive weapon we’ve had in a decade could be traded in the offseason for salary cap relief, in a deal where we would probably have to eat some of his contract.
Running backs are replaceable. Bell is replaceable. If we trade him for a pick, that's probably smart. I like him and hes made some plays out of nothing but he cant produce much without a line.

It's possible Gase doesnt know how to use Bell but I don't think any coach would generate a consistent running game from this line. The OL makes it hard to judge the rest of the offense.

Decker and Marshall were far more exciting weapons than Bell has been. Bell is out this week and we will probably get similar production out of the running game.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #1622 on: December 08, 2019, 08:37:29 AM »
“What a horrific decision by Coach Gase,” Gould said at the time. “He needs to take a very long look in the mirror and make himself inactive.”

lmao. make yourself inactive

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1623 on: December 08, 2019, 08:46:10 AM »
I know when I want to find out the true, unbiased story, I go to the player's agent.  Definitely no bias towards the player.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #1624 on: December 08, 2019, 08:46:54 AM »
I know when I want to find out the true, unbiased story, I go to the player's agent.  Definitely no bias towards the player.

Usually I just read Manish Mehta when I want to know the truth

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1625 on: December 08, 2019, 08:47:14 AM »
lmao. make yourself inactive
I'm thinking of deactivating myself from watching today.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1627 on: December 08, 2019, 01:02:15 PM »
Manish alert

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-dolphins-receivers-trades-20191206-hbgzot5zy5dkzi34yrpl7xk4fq-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Gase told the Miami brain trust that he would be fine if the team signed Danny Amendola or Wilson. He had no preference.

When Miami agreed to terms on a deal with Wilson, Gase bristled and whined (even though he had earlier claimed that Amendola or Wilson would suffice), according to sources.

So, the Dolphins quickly pivoted and signed Amendola (to a two-year, $12 million deal) too. On the surface, it was a peculiar decision to sign two slot receivers in free agency. It turns out that only happened to appease the fickle head coach.

This freaking guy...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1628 on: December 10, 2019, 11:41:55 AM »
On the Bell situation:

-Gase didn’t want him, made sure to tell everyone this

-Has not geared his scheme to Bell’s running style or gotten very creative w/ him in pass game

-Very specific leak to NY Post, which the team has done all year

Coach trying to prove a point to owner

Bell got 10 carries against the worst run defense in the NFL

The next week he’s out with an illness, Bilal Powell gets 19 carries and Ty Montgomery gets 9

All of this after countless reports of the team trying to move him at the deadline and planning to in the offseason

Whichever side you stand on with this Bell situation, what should scare you as a #Jets fan is Gase’s personnel demands + evals

If Miami wasn’t enough for you to see that, it’s very evident in less than a year in New York so far

https://twitter.com/connorjrogers/status/1204413296700321792
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1629 on: December 10, 2019, 11:46:12 AM »
Side topic: can anyone explain why Ryan Tannehill is absolutely dominating this year? I could have sworn the narrative to defend Gase was that he was held back by Tannehill.  It looks like Tannehill is finally achieving success while Gase is still running a bottom tier offense.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1630 on: December 10, 2019, 12:02:30 PM »
Side topic: can anyone explain why Ryan Tannehill is absolutely dominating this year? I could have sworn the narrative to defend Gase was that he was held back by Tannehill.  It looks like Tannehill is finally achieving success while Gase is still running a bottom tier offense.

No, the narrative to support Gase is the claim that when Tannehill wasn't injured the Dolphins did OK. It is surprising though that offensive genius and noted QB whisperer Adam Gase didn't get anything like this kind of performance out of Tannehill though. Clearly Mike Vrabel's got that magic.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1631 on: December 10, 2019, 12:14:29 PM »
I really can't understand how the narrative is: "When he had Peyton Manning, Ryan Tannehill, and Sam Darnold healthy, his game plans worked" rather than "One HoF, and two talented young QBs saved his derriere whenever they were healthy."

I generally don't like to wish harm on people, but I said a few times during Sunday's game to my wife: "I wish Gase would literally get hit by a bus because I think that's the only way to save this franchise."
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1632 on: December 10, 2019, 12:53:16 PM »
No, the narrative to support Gase is the claim that when Tannehill wasn't injured the Dolphins did OK. It is surprising though that offensive genius and noted QB whisperer Adam Gase didn't get anything like this kind of performance out of Tannehill though. Clearly Mike Vrabel's got that magic.

In what universe was Tannehill's performance under Gase not above average? Any statistical measure you want to use indicates he played well under him.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1633 on: December 10, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »
Some QBs improve after they play a few years.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #1634 on: December 10, 2019, 01:00:18 PM »
In what universe was Tannehill's performance under Gase not above average? Any statistical measure you want to use indicates he played well under him.

Which is an OK argument in isolation, until you consider the fact that prior to this season, which will almost certainly be his best season yet as a pro, his best statistical performances came under Joe Philbin. Or put another way, at the end of this season he will have played under three head coaches in his professional career, and his least successful spell will have been under Gase.

Put in context, the fact that his statistical performance under Gase may have been above average by the standards of other quarterbacks only serves to demonstrate that Ryan Tannehill is in fact an above average quarterback, and if anything Gase held him back.

Tags: