Author Topic: LolCommanders  (Read 49734 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: LolCommanders
« Reply #405 on: February 02, 2022, 09:02:09 AM »
No one would have been offended by the use of the word Red in the name, if that's what they had chosen. No one is offended by Ottawa choosing to be the RedBlacks, other than by the general dumbness of the name. There are no calls to change the name of the Boston Red Sox, or the Cincinnati Reds.

Bo is not right.
Yes he is
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #406 on: February 02, 2022, 09:14:08 AM »
Bo just made something up for people to be offended about, and then you got offended by the imaginary people taking offense to the imaginary thing.

Awesome work, boys.
I agree with you that it would be stupid.  But I also promise you enough people would have complained that it would have been an annoyance.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #407 on: February 02, 2022, 09:15:17 AM »
No one would have been offended by the use of the word Red in the name, if that's what they had chosen. No one is offended by Ottawa choosing to be the RedBlacks, other than by the general dumbness of the name. There are no calls to change the name of the Boston Red Sox, or the Cincinnati Reds.

Bo is not right.
What if they were the Blackskins and changed it to the Black Hogs? 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #408 on: February 02, 2022, 09:20:57 AM »
What if they were the Blackskins and changed it to the Black Hogs? 

What if they were the Nignogs and changed it to the Minstrels? Y'know, seeing as we're making imaginary things up for the imaginary people to get offended at, might as well lean in.

No one would have been offended by Red Hogs, because it's an old team nickname. I'm guessing they skipped it despite its popularity with fans because they wanted to do a clean break with the old branding, because new branding is a moneymaker. No one would have been offended by Red Tails, because it was a nickname for a legendary air force squadron, but the descendants of the Tuskegee Airmen were apparently not keen on it and from a marketing perspective it's probably a bit too racially bound up for a team changing its name because of negative racial connotations.

No one gives a excrement about the use of the word "red".
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #409 on: February 02, 2022, 09:25:22 AM »
it's hideous.

Except...Bo is probably right. People will bitch about the dumbest things, 

Ironic

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #410 on: February 02, 2022, 09:26:10 AM »
What if they were the Nignogs and changed it to the Minstrels? Y'know, seeing as we're making imaginary things up for the imaginary people to get offended at, might as well lean in.

No one would have been offended by Red Hogs, because it's an old team nickname. I'm guessing they skipped it despite its popularity with fans because they wanted to do a clean break with the old branding, because new branding is a moneymaker. No one would have been offended by Red Tails, because it was a nickname for a legendary air force squadron, but the descendants of the Tuskegee Airmen were apparently not keen on it and from a marketing perspective it's probably a bit too racially bound up for a team changing its name because of negative racial connotations.

No one gives a excrement about the use of the word "red".
Type "racist Red Hogs" in to twitter and enjoy the stupidity you said doesn't exist.

I absolutely agree with you that it makes no sense.  Where you and I don't agree is the degree to which people will search out the ability to be offended by anything.

https://twitter.com/Pimpalicious_/status/1435674447705423873?t=bZzWZdBDaIOyRGB-9ru_Lw&s=19
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 09:29:35 AM by bojanglesman »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #411 on: February 02, 2022, 09:26:42 AM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #412 on: February 02, 2022, 09:29:48 AM »
Type "racist Red Hogs" in to twitter and enjoy the stupidity you said doesn't exist.

I absolutely agree with you that it makes no sense.  Where you and I don't agree is the degree to which people will complain about anything.

https://twitter.com/Pimpalicious_/status/1435674447705423873?t=bZzWZdBDaIOyRGB-9ru_Lw&s=19

Did you even do the basic research to read that guy's Twitter bio?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #413 on: February 02, 2022, 09:31:13 AM »
Did you even do the basic research to read that guy's Twitter bio?
No. Busted.  But there are plenty of others to choose from there. I just idiotically clicked the first one I saw from the ocean of them.

They were never nicknamed the Red Hogs.  Just The Hogs.

https://twitter.com/Louie101/status/1435616098439684101?t=9KiLRTlc7nXW4ipiwgqINQ&s=19
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 09:35:49 AM by bojanglesman »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #414 on: February 02, 2022, 09:53:29 AM »
I miss the Washington Footlol Team thread title.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #415 on: February 02, 2022, 09:54:44 AM »
I miss the Washington Footlol Team thread title.
Honestly the worst consequence of all this.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #416 on: February 02, 2022, 10:04:34 AM »
Honestly the worst consequence of all this.

What law says it has to change?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #417 on: February 02, 2022, 10:05:59 AM »
What law says it has to change?
The Lolaw.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #418 on: February 02, 2022, 10:25:47 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #419 on: February 02, 2022, 11:05:42 AM »
I actually like the nickname. Commanders is pretty cool and unique, and it's relevant to Washington.

However, everyone is just going to call them the Commies, and having the team in Washington DC called the Commies is pretty hilarious.

I'm actually impressed with the name. I like it better than Admirals.

Tags: