Author Topic: Johnson & Johnson - A Family Company  (Read 2299 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 10:58:07 AM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Yeah but what about all the jobs that asbestos created?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Johnson & Johnson - A Family Company
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2021, 11:11:39 AM »
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1414647737577086979?s=21
The vaccine is safe, just not apparently as safe as the mRNA ones.  Small numbers blown out of proportion. 

Honestly, the Johnson and Johnson vaccine would be great for poorer countries, not because it's our "reject" vaccine, but because it's 1 shot and it might be tough to get people in these areas back for a second dose.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 11:14:49 AM »
The vaccine is safe, just not apparently as safe as the mRNA ones.  Small numbers blown out of proportion. 

Honestly, the Johnson and Johnson vaccine would be great for poorer countries, not because it's our "reject" vaccine, but because it's 1 shot and it might be tough to get people in these areas back for a second dose.

Bo just wants to thin the herd in poorer countries.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 11:26:11 AM »
Bo just wants to thin the herd in poorer countries.

Yeah because there are so many cases of Guillain-Barré from the vaccine.  Like 100 cases from 13 million vaccines.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 11:27:56 AM »

It was originally Canada's plan to use J&J for vulnerable communities like the homeless for exactly that reason, because getting them to come back for a second appointment within the recommended timescale is very difficult. I don't know if it still is.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2021, 11:33:15 AM »
It was originally Canada's plan to use J&J for vulnerable communities like the homeless for exactly that reason, because getting them to come back for a second appointment within the recommended timescale is very difficult. I don't know if it still is.
I agree.  Since Canada seems apprehensive about using AstraZeneca anymore, that one would be good for other countries strictly because it's available in good numbers and richer countries would rather have Moderna and Pfizer.  Might as well use it than let it sit unused.  It's a no-brainer for countries that are getting ravaged by COVID.  I'd take any of them in a heartbeat if I lived there.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2021, 11:36:52 AM »
I agree.  Since Canada seems apprehensive about using AstraZeneca anymore, that one would be good for other countries strictly because it's available in good numbers and richer countries would rather have Moderna and Pfizer.  Might as well use it than let it sit unused.  It's a no-brainer for countries that are getting ravaged by COVID.  I'd take any of them in a heartbeat if I lived there.

We're only giving AZ as second doses now, no new first doses. We've actually just committed to send most of our AZ orders to COVAX for distribution in the developing world, which makes sense because unlike the mRNA vaccines AZ doesn't need to be stored in the hypercold freezers. I think it keeps in just regular drug fridges.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 11:38:32 AM »
We're only giving AZ as second doses now, no new first doses. We've actually just committed to send most of our AZ orders to COVAX for distribution in the developing world, which makes sense because unlike the mRNA vaccines AZ doesn't need to be stored in the hypercold freezers. I think it keeps in just regular drug fridges.

I think that's great. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2021, 12:17:06 PM »
Yeah because there are so many cases of Guillain-Barré from the vaccine.  Like 100 cases from 13 million vaccines.
Those 100 people will have their revenge on you.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard

Tags: