Author Topic: The unofficial 2019 New York Mets Thread  (Read 18005 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: The unofficial 2019 New York Mets Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2019, 02:36:03 AM »

What a freaking poopchute. He’s making me long for the Terry Collins days, which is saying something.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2019, 09:06:56 PM »
The Wilpons. Van Wagenen. Callaway.

This organization is fucked. The could have kept their prospects. Not made that stupid trade. Had McNeil play 2B. Signed Kimbrel. Cheap organization and it all starts at the top. Any time I pay attention to this team, they kick me in the nuts. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2019, 10:57:47 AM »
The Wilpons. Van Wagenen. Callaway.

This organization is fucked. The could have kept their prospects. Not made that stupid trade. Had McNeil play 2B. Signed Kimbrel. Cheap organization and it all starts at the top. Any time I pay attention to this team, they kick me in the nuts. 

This gameplan makes 1000% more sense than what they actually did
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2019, 07:45:45 PM »
Why are McNeil and Alonso surrounded by such excrement?

Oh yeah....

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2019, 05:27:50 PM »
What does it take to get this guy fired?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2019, 07:26:54 PM »
Did Larry Brooks get the Mets beat?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2019, 12:18:00 PM »
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27048818/mets-front-office-making-game-moves

The New York Mets' front office has dictated at least some pitching moves during games this season, multiple organizational sources confirmed to ESPN's Buster Olney.

The New York Post was the first to report the unusual machinations, citing a specific incident on June 1, when Jacob deGrom was removed from a game while dealing with a hip cramp.

Front offices are typically heavily involved in the planning of lineups and possible pitching matchups before each game, but generally, most managers have the autonomy to make moves through the course of each contest, often applying the information provided by analysts and executives.

Some evaluators with other teams reiterated Monday it is very rare for a member of the front office -- an owner or general manager -- to direct managerial decisions during games.

Under Sandy Alderson, who was fired as general manager of the Mets last year, the manager was left to make in-game decisions. Sources say that has changed under Brodie Van Wagenen, who is in his first year as general manager of the Mets, with directives being forwarded to manager Mickey Callaway through clubhouse staff.

Callaway, in his second year as Mets manager and his first working under Van Wagenen, has accepted and implemented the directives, according to the sources.

Van Wagenen on Monday denied reports he was getting involved in strategic in-game decisions following the Mets' 13-7 loss to Philadelphia, but he said communicating with the training staff during games was "normal protocol."

"We're evaluating the players' health, we're talking about X-rays, we're talking about whether a player -- as you all know -- we try to get information to the press box as quickly as possible about the statuses. That is normal protocol for us," the GM said. "We'll continue to do that and make sure that if the training staff and the health of the player is such that the player can't continue, then that communication happens between the training staff and the coaches."

Callaway downplayed the instructions from Van Wagenen when asked about them after Monday's game, saying his communication with upper management is limited only to injuries.

"I think we're always in communication," Callaway said. "Especially when guys are injured, obviously I've been filled in on what you're talking about. When a guy gets injured on the field or when a guy is actively injured or has something going on, you know everybody is in communication with the training staff to take care of the players the best we can."

The Post reported that Van Wagenen was watching the June 1 game on TV when he relayed an order to remove deGrom in the seventh inning after Callaway and a trainer visited deGrom twice on the mound. Callaway said Monday that deGrom's removal was a mutual decision.

"I think that we got information from all parties and we made the decision to take care of our ace pitcher that's going to be here for a long time," he said. "We all thought it was prudent at that point."

Asked if he has the latitude to manage how he wants, Callaway said, "Yeah, I do, I do. Yeah."

Callaway came under fire Sunday after cursing at a reporter following questions about his decisions on pitching changes. The incident earned him a fine from the team, and he apologized to the reporter, as well as the assembled media on Monday.

sounds high time callaway gets extended

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2019, 01:07:32 PM »
Happy Bobby Bonilla Day. Bonilla receives his 9th payment of $1,119,248.20 today from the Mets. He will receive 16 more annually on July 1, thru 2035. The 25 payments were to settle a $5.9M debt in 2000.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1145649431460626432?s=19
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 01:09:09 PM by Jani Suomi »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2019, 06:38:14 PM »
i cannot believe the ineptitude of this organization. it is unfathomable. they may actually be worse than the knicks

fvcking cancerous crooks

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2019, 06:05:28 PM »
Mets fans, how good are Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods-Richardson?

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2019, 06:54:48 PM »
Mets fans, how good are Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods-Richardson?
In all honesty, I don’t know much about Kay and nothing about the other guy.

This trade sucks because I’m guessing this means Syndergaard is a goner. I’m so tired of this excrement.

Tags: