Author Topic: The unofficial 2019 New York Mets Thread  (Read 18007 times)

ons

• Chad Pennington
Re: The unofficial 2019 New York Mets Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2019, 10:38:29 AM »
Major league pitchers should be able to protect a 6-run lead in one inning, but when you’re barely hanging on to a chance of a wild card, you’re playing a rival on the road, AND Lugo had already pitched (and only threw 10 pitches) leave him in. At the very least, and I’m hardly a fan, have Diaz start the inning IF you are gonna take Lugo out. You know Diaz is too fragile to come in with his back to the wall.

Too true. With a competent bullpen/competent bullpen managing we should've easily in position for a wildcard this season.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2019, 11:17:20 PM »
kelenic trade keeps fvcking looking worse and worse

absolutely unforgiveable. the meat of this team was here before brodie was. he does not deserve a fvcking GM job in the mlb

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2019, 09:08:00 PM »
...and Diaz is in to close for the 9th is something Mets fans should never have to hear.

Shocker.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:14:34 PM by guinness77 »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2019, 09:19:21 PM »
The worst trade in Mets history rears it’s ugly head again. Cano will be the only valuable piece here. I called it from the beginning. Calling Cano valuable is very arbitrary too.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2019, 10:38:24 AM »
The worst trade in Mets history rears it’s ugly head again. Cano will be the only valuable piece here. I called it from the beginning. Calling Cano valuable is very arbitrary too.

cano is useless. especially when we already had fvcking jeff mcneil

one of the worst trades of all time

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2019, 12:58:24 PM »
cano is useless. especially when we already had fvcking jeff mcneil

one of the worst trades of all time
I've made my opinion known on that trade many times. I was just pointing out that that's how bad Diaz is.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2019, 04:24:07 PM »
Callaway should be fired immediately.

Got there in the end.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2019, 03:46:02 PM »
Apparently the Wilpons have a deal in place to relinquish all ownership of the club by 2025. That’s still awhile away but at least there’s some light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the next rich guy isn’t as much of a douchebag and doesn’t try to control the day-to-day operation.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2019, 04:14:43 PM »
Apparently the Wilpons have a deal in place to relinquish all ownership of the club by 2025. That’s still awhile away but at least there’s some light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully the next rich guy isn’t as much of a douchebag and doesn’t try to control the day-to-day operation.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm delighted to unveil the new owner of your New York Mets, your friend and mine, a legend of this great city, Mister James Dolan!"
A cross-dressing limey poofter

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »
"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm delighted to unveil the new owner of your New York Mets, your friend and mine, a legend of this great city, Mister James Dolan!"

Lmao...

you know what? As much as that coke-addled trust fund baby has completely destroyed a once proud franchise in the Garden, two schools come to mind.

1. Rangers haven't been half bad under his watch.

2. He'll spend more money than the current ownership. Say what you want about the guy, but at the very least if he owned the team they'd act/spend like they're in the New York market and not in the mid-west.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2019, 05:01:48 PM »
His name is Steve Cohen. Never heard of him.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2019, 05:59:37 PM »
His name is Steve Cohen. Never heard of him.

worth is 9.2 billion, would be the richest MLB owner right now. doesn't necessarily means he'll spend any money, but it's light at the end of the tunnel

we needed this to come ~2015. the 2-3 year period after 2015 was going to be our best chance at a WS run

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2019, 08:16:13 PM »
The guy is a life long Mets fan and made his money in hedge funds. They said he will do whatever he can to make the Mets a winner.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2019, 10:03:48 AM »
The guy is a life long Mets fan and made his money in hedge funds. They said he will do whatever he can to make the Mets a winner.

The guy has more money than God. Not sure if anyone watches Billions-Bobby Axelrod is partially based on him.

My allegiance being what it is (get Cole or Straus signed Cash), this is a great day for Mets fans. Olney made the comparison to how successful the post-McCourt Dodgers have been since they had a new ownership group with seemingly unlimited funds take over. I don't see why Mets fans can't be dreaming on the same future.

And honestly, viewing it from a Yankee lens, while most of the fanbase has been outright understanding and supportive of Hal placing a limitation on how much the team is going to spend in favor of developing talent, (Yanks I believe were fourth in payroll behind Boston, Chicago and LA last year-could be wrong), that understanding attitude and good will goes out the window the second the Mets meet or exceed what the Yankees are shelling out in terms of dollars. My team won't have the benefit of their cross-town rival acting like a mom and pop shop anymore.

The days of the franchise operating like the Cincinnati Mets appear to be at an end.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2019, 04:20:42 AM »

Got to be better than a family obsessed with a team that left the city in the 50s.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Tags: