Author Topic: The unofficial 2019 New York Mets Thread  (Read 18131 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: The unofficial 2019 New York Mets Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2019, 09:01:36 PM »
Callaway in mid season form. He doesn’t bring Familia in to face the righties in Washington yesterday and now he doesn’t have Nimmo bunt with 1st-and-2nd and no one out.

Bailed out by a clutch Rosario hit.

And, lol, now an absolute fuckin bomb by Alonso. Wow.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »
Alonso is a beast
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2019, 04:16:50 PM »
Alonso is a beast
And he almost didn’t make the team because this cheap freak of a franchise wanted another year of control on his rookie contract.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2019, 04:31:03 PM »
And he almost didn’t make the team because this cheap freak of a franchise wanted another year of control on his rookie contract.

I would have kept him down if I was running the team, even knowing that it doesn’t give you the best chance to win right now. They would be able to survive with JD Davis and Don Smith for a few weeks. That extra year of control is enormous. He would have been pissed the freak off though, and rightfully so.

It’s an awful rule and they need to change it.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2019, 04:46:50 PM »
I would have kept him down if I was running the team, even knowing that it doesn’t give you the best chance to win right now. They would be able to survive with JD Davis and Don Smith for a few weeks. That extra year of control is enormous. He would have been pissed the freak off though, and rightfully so.

It’s an awful rule and they need to change it.
This team and the people who root for this ball-kicking team deserve this. Dom Smith or Davis aren’t ready to be every day starters, they are backups. If we had Greg Bird, on the other hand, I’d have been perfectly happy with keeping Alonso down.

It may be the right move, sitting on that extra year but this organization has been penny pinching for a decade now, it’s not a good look. Especially after he hit over .400 and like 3 or 4 HRs.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2019, 04:50:38 PM »
This team and the people who root for this ball-kicking team deserve this. Dom Smith or Davis aren’t ready to be every day starters, they are backups. If we had Greg Bird, on the other hand, I’d have been perfectly happy with keeping Alonso down.

It may be the right move, sitting on that extra year but this organization has been penny pinching for a decade now, it’s not a good look. Especially after he hit over .400 and like 3 or 4 HRs.

It was the right move to have him make the team. He should have been called up at the end of last year.

Like I said, it was would have been a purely financial (scumbag) decision. I agree that Mets fans deserve this.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2019, 04:52:21 PM »
112.8 mph exit velocity for Pete Alonso on his first career HR, the 6th-hardest hit HR by a Mets player tracked by Statcast (since 2015).

Ahead of him on the list: Cespedes (115.1), Conforto (114.9), Duda (114.1), Duda (113.5), Duda (113.0).

——-

Batted balls with an exit velocity of 112.5+ MPH

2018 New York Mets: 3
2019 Pete Alonso: 2

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2019, 07:00:53 PM »
Watching Vargas pitch is like watching paint dry. How the freak is this guy a starter for us?

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2019, 09:37:06 PM »
The Mets were another boneheaded decision from Callaway (last night) away from losing, and blowing a 5-run lead tonight. Callaway is worse than Collins was.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2019, 11:21:38 AM »
Watching Vargas pitch is like watching paint dry. How the freak is this guy a starter for us?

my dead grandma who doesn't even watch baseball knows that we absolutely needed to replace vargas this year. the mets are run like a mid market team. once we spent money on other areas, there was absolutely no room left to address this, when it should have. it is also unacceptable that prime players like machado and harper hit the open market and we did not make a run at either, when we had needs with both.

the wilpons are scum

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2019, 01:48:22 PM »
my dead grandma who doesn't even watch baseball knows that we absolutely needed to replace vargas this year. the mets are run like a mid market team. once we spent money on other areas, there was absolutely no room left to address this, when it should have. it is also unacceptable that prime players like machado and harper hit the open market and we did not make a run at either, when we had needs with both.

the wilpons are scum
And Alio complains that they didn’t sign those 2 guys when their payroll is worth more $200 million a year and their backups backups are guys like LeMauiex(sp), Tulowitski and Bird. We don’t even sniff elite free agents anymore, we have to trade for guys like Cano coming off a steroids suspension.

I guess we should be planning a parade because we’re 4-1 5 games into the season too, right?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 01:50:14 PM by guinness77 »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2019, 02:04:47 PM »
And Alio complains that they didn’t sign those 2 guys when their payroll is worth more $200 million a year and their backups backups are guys like LeMauiex(sp), Tulowitski and Bird. We don’t even sniff elite free agents anymore, we have to trade for guys like Cano coming off a steroids suspension.

I guess we should be planning a parade because we’re 4-1 5 games into the season too, right?

Given the pitching you guys have, it's ridiculous to not have signed one or both of them. You'll get no disagreement from me there.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2019, 02:29:30 PM »
Given the pitching you guys have, it's ridiculous to not have signed one or both of them. You'll get no disagreement from me there.
Yeah, we supposedly dangled Syndergaard out there the entire offseason. Only the Mets would make a guy available like that because they’re cheap. At least we signed deGrom. I figured we’d freak that up.

I’m sorry to keep bringing your name up Alio, but it’s pretty frustrating to read that kind of excrement when you’re not a Yankees fan. It just sounds so unrealistic to a fan like me.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2019, 05:21:38 PM »
i wish the mets were run like the yankees/owned by owners like the yankees fan. real winners who prioritize winning above all

the wilpons are only interested in using the mets to recoup their losses after the madoff scheme

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2019, 07:20:53 PM »
degrom fvcking dealing

Tags: