Author Topic: The unofficial 2019 New York Mets Thread  (Read 18006 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
The unofficial 2019 New York Mets Thread
« on: November 29, 2018, 10:31:50 AM »
There is significant momentum toward a deal that would send Robinson Cano and Edwin Díaz from the Seattle Mariners to the New York Mets, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. While they characterize a deal as not done yet, there is an increasing expectation a trade will get finished.

A few things could stand in the way of a Canó/Díaz-to-the-Mets deal. The Mariners have not yet approached Canó asking him to waive his no-trade clause, sources tell Yahoo Sports. Still, if there is a deal in place, Canó is expected to agree to it, according to sources.

Passan
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:22:16 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Mets Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 12:06:26 PM »
Sources: Mets are motivated to trade Noah Syndergaard with GM Brodie Van Wagenen initiating talks w/multiple clubs. Expectation is he will be traded this winter, FA SP will be signed to fill his spot. deGrom is off limits w/NYM hoping for extension. BVW used to be agent for both

Why tho

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 12:12:43 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 01:20:06 PM »
Sources: 2B Jeff McNeil in play for #Mariners as well as Kellenic/Dunn in potential Cano/Diaz trade with #Mets. #Phillies also talking to SEA, possibly just for Diaz, as @JoelSherman1 said. NYM names would seem difficult to top, but hard to judge without knowing $, full details.

Why tho

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 06:00:49 PM »
Why tho

How many years of control does Diaz offer?

EDIT: 4 years before he hits free agency. Idk. Cano at 5 years is just an insanely big bullet to bite even if the Mariners are paying down half his salary.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 06:02:44 PM by mj2sexay »

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 07:20:24 PM »
the mets are fvcking dumb

if a young ace under team control in thor is traded and we give away good prospects for a 36 year old cano and a reliever when there are good to great relievers on the market that could simply be had for money i am officially going to stop following this piece of excrement team

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 08:08:12 PM »
How many years of control does Diaz offer?

EDIT: 4 years before he hits free agency. Idk. Cano at 5 years is just an insanely big bullet to bite even if the Mariners are paying down half his salary.

The trade was already questionable before the Mets were parting with top prospects and possibly McNeil

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 06:16:32 PM »
the mets are fvcking dumb

if a young ace under team control in thor is traded and we give away good prospects for a 36 year old cano and a reliever when there are good to great relievers on the market that could simply be had for money i am officially going to stop following this piece of excrement team

They shouldn't be trading Noah unless its for a cheap, controllable, major league bat. I don't even know off the top of my head who that would be. But I think you're underestimating how expensive relievers are going to be. You wanna give Kimbrel the six years he's looking for?

The trade was already questionable before the Mets were parting with top prospects and possibly McNeil

It's not a terrible trade, provided Cano isn't completely done and gives them another good year or two. Diaz is cheap and locked in. The relief market even in a saturated one such as this is going to produce deals for guys who are 33 years old and up that are going to have people scratching their heads. Andrew Miller hasn't been healthy for a year and a half, if he doesn't get a second year a team is paying anywhere from 8-10 million to take that gamble.

If the Mets want to try and find value, go sign Hamilton for a year and let him be the 8th hitter. If he hits .245 it's worth it for his defense.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 06:18:08 PM by mj2sexay »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 09:21:52 PM »
Ummm can you delete me as the thread starter?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: The unofficial 2019 New York Mets Thread
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »
Van Wagenen says he intends for Peter Alonso to be the Opening Day first baseman.

Good

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 07:01:40 PM »
I wouldn't be too upset with the proposed three way trade with the Yankees and Marlins to bring Realmuto to the Mets and send Those to the Yankees. Plus I think it's Thor's turn to hit the DL this coming season, anyway.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 08:53:24 PM »
i am going to stop rooting for this team if we trade Thor

i will fvcking lose it if we trade Thor for a C only to sign an inferior SP on the FA market when there are FA catchers available that are upgrades on our current C

this isn't even factoring in if we trade him to the yankees. i'm actually hoping he ends up there because they're a real fvcking team that does what it takes to win

we traded some of our top prospects including our most recent draft pick who was drawing early comparisons to bryce harper for robinson cano when we already had a promising young 2b and a team-controlled reliever because we weren't willing to spend out of pocket for one/any of the many relievers available on the FA market now that would instantly upgrade our bullpen

this team fvcking sucks, i should actually stop rooting for them now

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »
Mets signing Wilson Ramos, big pickup for them, they haven’t had a catcher in forever

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 05:00:58 PM »
Mets signing Wilson Ramos, big pickup for them, they haven’t had a catcher in forever
Good. Now they shouldn’t trade Syndergaard. You never know with this dumbass organization but this should end that ridiculous trade talk.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 05:46:21 PM »

i am going to stop rooting for this team if we trade Thor

Never actually seen anyone follow through on one of these threats.

Tags: