Author Topic: The Saga of Le'Veon Bell - now irrelevant  (Read 91145 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: The Saga of Le'Veon Bell
« Reply #660 on: August 08, 2020, 07:35:50 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #661 on: August 08, 2020, 07:44:41 PM »
Skip?

Have you never seen Double Dutch?

I have trouble with straightforward hopping over the rope in the same repetitive motion
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #662 on: August 08, 2020, 08:10:01 PM »
I have trouble with straightforward hopping over the rope in the same repetitive motion
I'm also white

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #663 on: August 08, 2020, 08:50:58 PM »

I'm also white

Going to guess that neither of you are capable of dancing either.

Skipping and dancing to a reasonable level of competency require nothing more than a sense of rhythm, which to the best of my knowledge is not a function of skin pigment.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #664 on: August 09, 2020, 12:25:07 AM »
Going to guess that neither of you are capable of dancing either.

Skipping and dancing to a reasonable level of competency require nothing more than a sense of rhythm, which to the best of my knowledge is not a function of skin pigment.
Miss me with your Marxist propaganda

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #665 on: August 09, 2020, 05:59:30 AM »
I've always been pretty good at sports.  I play the drums.  I'm the worst dancer ever.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #666 on: August 10, 2020, 03:22:37 PM »
I'm a good dancer. I'm awful at jumping rope.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #667 on: August 12, 2020, 08:27:06 PM »
Bell sure talks a good game when it comes to what shape he's in and how he's going to play. That said, if the OL is better, I could see Bell having a huge year.

This is essentially a contract year for him. If he has a big year, we'll bring him back next year at a healthy salary.

If not, he's gone, and he won't get a big contract on the open market as a 29-year old who hasn't been productive in years.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #668 on: August 29, 2020, 07:51:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/briancoz/status/1299465561907363847?s=21

Brian Costello is begging to get his own thread
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #669 on: August 29, 2020, 08:30:54 AM »
https://twitter.com/briancoz/status/1299465561907363847?s=21

Brian Costello is begging to get his own thread

All of that has looked like talk as Bell has lacked explosiveness in practice, looks slow to hit holes and seems to now lack the vision that once made him arguably the best running back in football. This information is not being gathered from anonymous sources, but two sources I trust implicitly – my left and right eyes.

another reporter that has somehow morphed from somebody paid to ask questions/report news and information about the team to an All-Knowing God Analyst.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #670 on: August 29, 2020, 09:22:26 AM »
another reporter that has somehow morphed from somebody paid to ask questions/report news and information about the team to an All-Knowing God Analyst.

Also that section of his article doesn’t make sense. You can’t say Bell lied that he’s in phenomenal shape. For crying out loud look at the guy and you know his body is in elite physical form. Now is it the best shape of his life? Only Bell knows.

Is he still a good football player? That’s a very different argument. And citing his own two eyes as his only evidence to back him up is absolutely nuts.

He is capitalizing on the Twitter conflict to try and get an article out suggesting Bell is trashed and should be shipped out.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #671 on: August 29, 2020, 01:58:51 PM »
You can look in great shape and not be in great football shape. Social media pictures about what good shape you are in are useless.

I'm not at practice. None of us are. If Coz thinks Bell looks bad at practice, I have no problem with him reporting that. Training camp is closed to the public so reporters are our eyes and ears. Whether you choose to believe them or not is up to you.

We did just trade for a running back. It doesn't necessarily mean that trade has anything to do with Bell, but it might. Just like how the Ashtyn Davis pick might have had nothing to do with Jamal, but maybe it actually did and we were naive.

Bell sucked last year and if he sucks, I dont really trust an ancient Gore and a rookie Perine as the only options.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #672 on: August 29, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »
You can look in great shape and not be in great football shape. Social media pictures about what good shape you are in are useless.

I'm not at practice. None of us are. If Coz thinks Bell looks bad at practice, I have no problem with him reporting that. Training camp is closed to the public so reporters are our eyes and ears. Whether you choose to believe them or not is up to you.

We did just trade for a running back. It doesn't necessarily mean that trade has anything to do with Bell, but it might. Just like how the Ashtyn Davis pick might have had nothing to do with Jamal, but maybe it actually did and we were naive.

Bell sucked last year and if he sucks, I dont really trust an ancient Gore and a rookie Perine as the only options.

Bell May or may not be successful this season. Ballage May or may not be successful this season.

But there is no way in hell this FO looked at ballage and said “he’s worth a conditional 7th” and thinks he is going to help be an answer at RB if Bell doesn’t get it done
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #673 on: August 29, 2020, 02:05:20 PM »
Everything I'm reading about Ballage says that he's Brant Boyer's player so I don't see any evidence their for the Jets looking to trade Bell.

Coz has had some troll articles before. He knows how to throw some excrement out there to garner clicks. If it's just Coz reporting this than I can easily dismiss it. If the narrative picks up steam then we might need to pay attention to it.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #674 on: August 29, 2020, 02:14:51 PM »
Bell May or may not be successful this season. Ballage May or may not be successful this season.

But there is no way in hell this FO looked at ballage and said “he’s worth a conditional 7th” and thinks he is going to help be an answer at RB if Bell doesn’t get it done
No, but he's just another body to throw at the situation. If the Jets aren't happy with their running back situation, it would make sense that they would make sure they acquire Ballage, whom they may like a lot. Or Ballage could just be a pure special teamer who might not even make the roster.

The bottom line is if Bell is averaging 3.2 yards per carry again, we need to find a new answer at RB.

Tags: