Author Topic: 2018-19 NCAA Basketball  (Read 13034 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: 2018-19 NCAA Basketball
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2019, 12:19:27 PM »
Got ourselves a big one Saturday night at MSG.  #HallIn
Eh. The Big East is kinda excrement this year. I can’t see any team in the league making it to the 2nd week in the NCAAs.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2019, 12:39:35 PM »
Eh. The Big East is kinda excrement this year. I can’t see any team in the league making it to the 2nd week in the NCAAs.

You never know, the beauty of a one and done tournament. I'm enjoying the balance of the season, better than two teams stomping everyone all year. The Big East Tournament is going to be nuts.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2019, 12:40:38 PM »
BTW, what happened to Zion? Knicks are getting hurt before we can even fix the lottery to draft them.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2019, 02:45:44 PM »
You never know, the beauty of a one and done tournament. I'm enjoying the balance of the season, better than two teams stomping everyone all year. The Big East Tournament is going to be nuts.
It’s definitely true that any team can beat anyone in this conference. St. John’s has beaten Marquette twice and Villanova yet loses to DePaul and Providence twice. 

Competitiveness is fantastic but it doesn’t take away the fact the conference reeks of mediocrity and I think once they start playing other conferences, they’re gonna get stomped.

Speaking of SJU-SH, don’t the officials owe us one? That was highway robbery at its worst.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2019, 06:36:01 PM »
It’s definitely true that any team can beat anyone in this conference. St. John’s has beaten Marquette twice and Villanova yet loses to DePaul and Providence twice. 

Competitiveness is fantastic but it doesn’t take away the fact the conference reeks of mediocrity and I think once they start playing other conferences, they’re gonna get stomped.

Speaking of SJU-SH, don’t the officials owe us one? That was highway robbery at its worst.

They made a mistake but Shavar still had to make a great shot.

Both my NJ teams at the Garden Saturday, Devils-Rangers in the afternoon.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2019, 07:16:06 PM »
They made a mistake but Shavar still had to make a great shot.

Both my NJ teams at the Garden Saturday, Devils-Rangers in the afternoon.
He should have never had the chance to make the shot because Figueroa saved the ball (the replay clearly showed that) and made a clean pass to Heron who was fouled and would have had 2 free throws with less than 3 seconds left with a 2-Point lead. The BE admitted they fucked up. The game would have been over.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2019, 10:06:34 PM »
He should have never had the chance to make the shot because Figueroa saved the ball (the replay clearly showed that) and made a clean pass to Heron who was fouled and would have had 2 free throws with less than 3 seconds left with a 2-Point lead. The BE admitted they fucked up. The game would have been over.

Not arguing any of that. He still had to hit the shot is all I'm saying. No disagreement about the rest.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2019, 10:22:54 PM »
BTW, what happened to Zion? Knicks are getting hurt before we can even fix the lottery to draft them.

the nba will not allow the knicks to get zion, all these knick fans that are penciling him in as a future knick are crazy deluded

the nba fixing lotteries every now and then is a bad secret. the whole reason why they changed up the lotto odds this year is to 'even up the odds' across the board, to: 1 - deter teams from tanking and 2 - (my own theory) make things look less suspicious when a team 'somehow' makes a crazy jump up the lotto board

how bad would it look like for the nba to have a tanking team like the knicks end up with the 1st pick after rolling out these new odds to try and prevent that very thing? it would be such a bad look for them, and one they are going to prevent at all costs.

it's likelier the league gives the knicks the lowest possible pick they can get as opposed to a top 1 - 4 pick as an example to other teams that tanking shouldn't be done and won't help anymore.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2019, 11:11:31 PM »
the nba should find a way to get the #1 pick to the warriors. think of the ratings!

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2019, 03:20:25 PM »
Seton Hall came back from the brink last night, 18-0 run to finish the game and beat Marquette. Nova up next, might need that one and if not, one or two at the Garden.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2019, 07:48:03 PM »
Seton Hall came back from the brink last night, 18-0 run to finish the game and beat Marquette. Nova up next, might need that one and if not, one or two at the Garden.

WEEEEEEEE

Huge win today against Nova. I think this one booked their spot in the tournament.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2019, 10:19:29 AM »
WEEEEEEEE

Huge win today against Nova. I think this one booked their spot in the tournament.

Hard to keep them out now. #HALLin

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2019, 10:31:37 AM »
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1104745254127833088

Top 10 moment for me as a sports fan
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2019, 01:27:08 PM »
St. John’s has completely robbed me of caring about the rest of the season. They need a real coaching staff.

Watch...they’ll probably win the Big East now.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2019, 08:28:26 PM »
Monmouth-Iona MAAC final on ESPN2.

Tags: