Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Yankees Thread  (Read 111317 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Yankees Thread
« Reply #855 on: June 24, 2019, 07:33:10 PM »
Gary Sanchez Catcher Ranks (min 10 att):

Arm Strength - 87.9 mph (best)
Pop Time to 2nd - 1.93 sec (t-2nd best)
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #856 on: June 24, 2019, 07:40:21 PM »
Can Garcia be called up now?

This team needs starting pitching. It's nice to win games because your offense can beat 95% of the league's pitching, but that last 5% is who you face in the playoffs, so you need to keep the opposition scoring low. I have zero confidence in Happ right now.

Thankfully it looks like German will be back soon. He's starting a rehab assignment.

He’s not getting called this year without a drastic change in his development plan. Started the year in Single A and hasn’t been to AAA yet

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #857 on: June 25, 2019, 11:37:45 AM »
Gary Sanchez Catcher Ranks (min 10 att):

Arm Strength - 87.9 mph (best)
Pop Time to 2nd - 1.93 sec (t-2nd best)

A healthy Kraken is a nightmare to play against.

He’s not getting called this year without a drastic change in his development plan. Started the year in Single A and hasn’t been to AAA yet

I meant it sarcastically. No way he's shooting from A-ball to the majors in less than a year.

I don't know how his night ended, but they showed him during the game last night with a no-hitter in the 5th.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #858 on: June 25, 2019, 11:40:10 AM »
I wonder if Holder is suffering from overuse (like I still believe Chad Green was). He's fallen off a cliff, much as Green did. Does he have options? He needs a step back right now to get himself straight, again, like Green.

EDIT: Welp. The Yankees demoted Holder. There isn't a corresponding move yet, but it'll probably be Tarpley.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:49:16 AM by AlioTheFool »
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #859 on: June 25, 2019, 11:43:24 AM »
I'm still leery of trading talent within the division, especially having Frazier go to Toronto where he'd have so many chances at revenge every year, but Marcus Stroman all but flat out said "Yeah, I want the Yankees to trade for me" and now he's an I-want-that-dude-in-pinstripes guy.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #860 on: June 25, 2019, 11:52:37 AM »
Okay, so Tarpley was the corresponding move for Holder.

Also, the Kendrys Morales experiment is mercifully ended. DFA'd.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #861 on: June 25, 2019, 12:01:08 PM »
LeMahieu, a two-time All-Star, is hitting an incredible .478 with runners in scoring position. Per The Athletic’s Jayson Stark, “only five Yankees in the live-ball era have hit .400 or better with runners in scoring position over a season in which they got at least 60 plate appearances in those situations, according to baseball-reference.com’s fabulous Play Index.”

Those 5?

Mickey Mantle, 1956: .444
Paul O’Neill, 1997: .428
Joe DiMaggio, 1940: .419
Lou Gehrig, 1927: .402
Don Mattingly, 1984: .400

I started saying it like 2 months ago, and now the media is starting to repeat it. DJ LaMahieu was the best Cashman move of the offseason.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #862 on: June 25, 2019, 12:07:21 PM »
I'm still leery of trading talent within the division, especially having Frazier go to Toronto where he'd have so many chances at revenge every year, but Marcus Stroman all but flat out said "Yeah, I want the Yankees to trade for me" and now he's an I-want-that-dude-in-pinstripes guy.

Except quality starting pitchers with team control always command a huge premium at the deadline and the Yankees are going to be at the very bottom of the list of teams we want to trade him to, so unless absolutely nobody else is interested (unlikely) the Yankees are going to have to overpay significantly. I would have thought that someone like Bauer is a more likely target for you.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #863 on: June 25, 2019, 12:17:20 PM »
Except quality starting pitchers with team control always command a huge premium at the deadline and the Yankees are going to be at the very bottom of the list of teams we want to trade him to, so unless absolutely nobody else is interested (unlikely) the Yankees are going to have to overpay significantly. I would have thought that someone like Bauer is a more likely target for you.

Bauer has been my top "realistic" target all along. But there are next to zero rumors linking him and the Yankees. I don't know if Cleveland will be sellers. This is probably a wash year, but they're still a good team, so maybe they just hang on to him.

Stroman was at the bottom of my want list, not because I don't like him, but like you said, he'd command an additional premium, plus if the Yankees trade a guy like Frazier to Toronto, he's the kind of guy who will use it as motivation to torment them for years.

Right now, my list is:
Scherzer (Who isn't going anywhere)
Bauer (I don't think he is either)
Stroman (I'm scared of what it will take to do it)
MadBum (Who knows how he'd pitch here and if he'd still be the same October guy)
Boyd (I'm not particularly fond of him)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #864 on: June 25, 2019, 06:18:33 PM »
freak yeah

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #865 on: June 25, 2019, 08:44:35 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #866 on: June 25, 2019, 09:47:28 PM »
This is actually a good series
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #867 on: June 26, 2019, 05:40:03 AM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #868 on: June 26, 2019, 12:20:10 PM »
This game could be going better.

At least Stanton doesn't appear to be seriously hurt.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #869 on: June 26, 2019, 12:45:00 PM »
Paxton out here throwing extended batting practice.

Tags: