Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Yankees Thread  (Read 109996 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Yankees Thread
« Reply #1170 on: October 31, 2019, 02:37:17 PM »
Not particularly a surprise, but they declined Encarnacion's option and paid the buyout.

Also, Hicks' surgery went well. 8-10 months for him now.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1171 on: November 01, 2019, 11:02:22 AM »
Chappy opts out.

Let him go if he wants to double his term honestly.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1172 on: November 01, 2019, 11:48:54 AM »
Chappy opts out.

Let him go if he wants to double his term honestly.

Honestly, I'd probably let him walk and invest that money on bringing back Betances and starting pitching.

Then again, I'd bring back Betances, full-court press Cole and Strasburg, and bring back Chapman. But Hal is reluctant to give up all those precious millions, and winning the division was a successful enough season to him, apparently.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1173 on: November 01, 2019, 12:00:45 PM »
Honestly, I'd probably let him walk and invest that money on bringing back Betances and starting pitching.

Then again, I'd bring back Betances, full-court press Cole and Strasburg, and bring back Chapman. But Hal is reluctant to give up all those precious millions, and winning the division was a successful enough season to him, apparently.

I get that they're the Yankees, but George has been dead for almost ten years. They aren't pushing the payroll to 225 million which is likely what it looks like bringing those two back and the two starters in.

There's still a path to getting both starters, it just involves saying goodbye to every pending FA we have, signing no one else, and getting out of likely half of Happ's remaining money.

For the record, I'm not opposed to this, there's in-house options to take over all across the board, and the idea of throwing out a staff of Cole-Strasberg-Sevvy-Paxton-Tanaka is so insane to think about. You'd have to hope guys like Greene and Ottavino re-discover themselves after the postseason they had (especially Ottavino) because there's no doubt in my mind Britton could close.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1174 on: November 01, 2019, 07:17:50 PM »

Tags: