Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Yankees Thread  (Read 111336 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Yankees Thread
« Reply #1155 on: October 29, 2019, 02:54:43 PM »
Where are at-bats available in left or at first? Unless they're fully committed to a full-time DH role for Stanton. But still, are they then trading Frazier? What about Andujar, or are they giving up on Urshela? I guess Tauchman and Maybin would be the odd men out.

Then at first, depending on whether they bring back Didi, they need somewhere to put LaMahieu. And what about Voit? And Bird is supposedly again on the comeback trail.

I'm never going to complain about the Yankees acquiring talent, and a lefty who can hit in Yankee Stadium is always a great thing. But it had better not interfere with breaking the bank to put Cole (and hopefully a second starter like Wheeler) in pinstripes.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1156 on: October 29, 2019, 03:16:41 PM »
Where are at-bats available in left or at first? Unless they're fully committed to a full-time DH role for Stanton. But still, are they then trading Frazier? What about Andujar, or are they giving up on Urshela? I guess Tauchman and Maybin would be the odd men out.

Then at first, depending on whether they bring back Didi, they need somewhere to put LaMahieu. And what about Voit? And Bird is supposedly again on the comeback trail.

I'm never going to complain about the Yankees acquiring talent, and a lefty who can hit in Yankee Stadium is always a great thing. But it had better not interfere with breaking the bank to put Cole (and hopefully a second starter like Wheeler) in pinstripes.

There are way to many moving pieces to even speculate.

If Didi gets big offers on the FA market, you would think they go with Torres as the SS of the future. It’s his natural position, he’s cost controlled, and much better offensively than Didi. 2B is DJLM’s best position so that makes sense.

With Hicks out, Gotta assume Tauchman is our CF next year with Gardy coming back as a 4th/5th OF.

Who knows what will happen with Andujar and Clint Frazier. They have too many guys in front of them in line to DH.

Are Luke Voit and Gio Urshela 1B/3B of the future? Both could probably be upgraded but they’re cost controlled, Young, and on the upswing offensively.

Can’t count on Bird to do anything more than be a backup with his injury history.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1157 on: October 29, 2019, 10:33:37 PM »
Pretty funny that in the postseason Corbin has been awful, Verlander hasn't been good, Cole hasn't been himself, and Scherzer has been hurt so that narrative that adding one of those guys automatically wins us the WS isn’t necessarily true

Now I’m not dumb enough to say that adding any of those pitchers wouldn’t have been a gigantic help, my point is that no one is invincible

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1158 on: October 29, 2019, 10:33:54 PM »
Get me Strasburg and Cole tho

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1159 on: October 30, 2019, 09:40:00 AM »
The New York Yankees have interviewed Chris Fetter, the University of Michigan pitching coach, for their open pitching coach job, sources tell ESPN. Fetter is considered a rising star in the industry and has drawn significant interest from major league teams, including the Mets.

Passan

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1160 on: October 30, 2019, 11:47:58 AM »

Sign them both I don't give a excrement. Lets go crazy. Flex that financial muscle everyone always bitches about despite the fact they haven't led the league in payroll in almost a half decade.

Our filet sandwiches are going to cost 20 bucks a pop either way, whats the difference.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1161 on: October 30, 2019, 01:09:23 PM »

Yes, please.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1162 on: October 30, 2019, 01:13:58 PM »
My goodness. Imagine a rotation of:

Cole
Strasburg
Severino
Tanaka
Paxton

And you'd still have Happ, Loaisiga, Montgomery, and possibly German as a backup starter.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1163 on: October 30, 2019, 03:18:30 PM »
My goodness. Imagine a rotation of:

Cole
Strasburg
Severino
Tanaka
Paxton

And you'd still have Happ, Loaisiga, Montgomery, and possibly German as a backup starter.

I would assume even in a scenario where we just get one or the other that Happ's gone.

I could absolutely see the Brewers and Phillies interested in Happ at a 1 yr 8 million dollar investment. From the Yanks perspective, you save 8 million towards the war-chest.

Assume they get one or the other and move on from Happ. You still have a rotation of Cole/Strauss Sevvy, Paxton, Tanaka, German. That's not bad.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1164 on: October 30, 2019, 04:39:29 PM »
I would assume even in a scenario where we just get one or the other that Happ's gone.

I could absolutely see the Brewers and Phillies interested in Happ at a 1 yr 8 million dollar investment. From the Yanks perspective, you save 8 million towards the war-chest.

Assume they get one or the other and move on from Happ. You still have a rotation of Cole/Strauss Sevvy, Paxton, Tanaka, German. That's not bad.

Certainly not bad, but they should be breaking the bank for both. And if they don't get one of them, like I said yesterday, get Wheeler.

You can't count on German. He may never come back. We really don't know right now. I like Loaisiga but he's always hurt, and I like Montgomery, but he's definitely a #5 pitcher.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1165 on: October 30, 2019, 11:57:53 PM »
And so it begins...

I've been a staunch supporter of Cash and even Hal for a very long time. If they don't come away from this offseason with an ace in either Cole or Strasberg I'll be freaking devastated.

C'mon guys, please get it done. Jets Bulls and even the freaking Devils now just pay my love and devotion back with perpetual derriere-rape. Be best!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1166 on: October 31, 2019, 12:09:51 AM »
Gerrit Cole was asked to speak to the media postgame.
The soon to be free agent said,

“Do I have to do it? Technically, I’m unemployed.”

Cole was kind enough to oblige then said..

“It was a pleasure to play in Houston.”

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1167 on: October 31, 2019, 12:10:34 AM »
Gerrit Cole, an impending free agent, was resistant to talk after Game 7.

“I’m not an employee of the team,” he said to an Astros spokesperson. “I guess as a representative of myself...” Then he spoke.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1168 on: October 31, 2019, 12:11:22 AM »
Just saw a clip of Gerrit Cole’s postgame interview. He was wearing a Boras Corp cap.

It’s on

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1169 on: October 31, 2019, 11:24:06 AM »
Dear Mr. Cashman,

It has come to our attention that a one Cole, Gerrit is newly unemployed. We consider Mr. Cole a potentially organization-changing talent and believe it imperative you enter into a contractual agreement at your earliest possible convenience. Please proceed to shower him with cash until he can no longer say no.

Sincerely,

Yankees fandom

Tags: