Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Yankees Thread  (Read 111332 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: The OFFICIAL 2019 New York Yankees Thread
« Reply #1140 on: October 25, 2019, 08:52:50 AM »
Tanaka and Hicks playing with pretty significant injuries. Again, hats off.

I wonder if Voit's core injury is what kept him off the roster. You have to figure it played into his struggles.

They said during the season that Voit had to get surgery but it would have been season ending so he played with it. No question IMO
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1141 on: October 25, 2019, 08:54:14 AM »
People are quick to excrement on Edwin after a bad 6 game stretch, after he tore the cover off the ball in the ALDS, about a month after breaking his wrist and then coming back and hurting his groin.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1142 on: October 25, 2019, 10:49:58 AM »
People are quick to excrement on Edwin after a bad 6 game stretch, after he tore the cover off the ball in the ALDS, about a month after breaking his wrist and then coming back and hurting his groin.

Very true. In fairness, he looked terrible in the ALCS, but it's not like anyone but DJ or Gleyber was lighting it up either.

I'd want him back, but the DH spot has to go to Stanton, Voit, and now possibly Bird again. Even with Hicks out, I figure they'll bring back Maybin, Gardner, and if Tauchman is healthy he should have a spot too. And that's all ignoring the possibility Florial wins a job. Stanton shouldn't play in the field except NL away games.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #1143 on: October 28, 2019, 10:28:32 AM »
Larry Rothschild out as pitching coach. Interesting.

I liked Larry but he's been here for a while, could also be a situation where he asked out in order to reunite with Girardi. Either way, Ray Searage is sitting out there. Would love for him to be considered.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1144 on: October 28, 2019, 11:00:30 AM »
WTF? What did Rothschild do wrong?

I guess it's Larry's fault that Corbin, Cole, and Verlander pitch for other teams.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1145 on: October 28, 2019, 12:28:14 PM »
Larry Rothschild out as pitching coach. Interesting.

I liked Larry but he's been here for a while, could also be a situation where he asked out in order to reunite with Girardi. Either way, Ray Searage is sitting out there. Would love for him to be considered.

Ray Searage is the one guy I actually know and he’s been regarded as a top pitching coach for a long time. He fixed/got production out of a ton of mediocre pitchers in Pitt- Happ, Burnett, and Nova all come to mind.

I would really like to see David Cone as pitching coach. Sounds like they’re moving on from the old school style Rothschild to a more analytical based guy. Cone would be an absolutely perfect fit.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1146 on: October 28, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »
WTF? What did Rothschild do wrong?

I guess it's Larry's fault that Corbin, Cole, and Verlander pitch for other teams.

PSA: Rothschild was never the problem here. The people celebrating today were the same idiots that wanted Girardi fired, and then cried as soon as Boone made his first pitching change last year.

Yankees pitching staff 2011-2019:
4th in WAR, 4th in K/9, 6th in BB/9, 8th in FIP.

Does anyone think we had a pitching staff deserving of those ranks over the last 10 years? If anything, Rothschild overperformed.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1147 on: October 28, 2019, 02:26:41 PM »
Ray Searage is the one guy I actually know and he’s been regarded as a top pitching coach for a long time. He fixed/got production out of a ton of mediocre pitchers in Pitt- Happ, Burnett, and Nova all come to mind.

I would really like to see David Cone as pitching coach. Sounds like they’re moving on from the old school style Rothschild to a more analytical based guy. Cone would be an absolutely perfect fit.

Oh wow. I'd love to see Coney in the role.

PSA: Rothschild was never the problem here. The people celebrating today were the same idiots that wanted Girardi fired, and then cried as soon as Boone made his first pitching change last year.

Yankees pitching staff 2011-2019:
4th in WAR, 4th in K/9, 6th in BB/9, 8th in FIP.

Does anyone think we had a pitching staff deserving of those ranks over the last 10 years? If anything, Rothschild overperformed.

Seriously. Rothschild is a brilliant pitching coach. Unless the Yankees already have someone in mind to fill the position, I really don't understand this move.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1148 on: October 28, 2019, 03:00:39 PM »
Oh wow. I'd love to see Coney in the role.

Seriously. Rothschild is a brilliant pitching coach. Unless the Yankees already have someone in mind to fill the position, I really don't understand this move.

supposedly they don’t have anyone in particular in mind and will go through the full process.  I’m sure they have a couple favorite candidates.

Seems like the reasoning for this move is the same exact rationale as to why they moved on from Girardi

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1149 on: October 28, 2019, 06:23:44 PM »

I didn't realise you had Pitt's coach. The Happ we got back from the Pirates was on a different level to the one we sent to Seattle, but he was only in Pittsburgh for half a season. If he was the one who made the difference then he worked some magic.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #1150 on: October 28, 2019, 06:29:43 PM »
I'd like to thank Larry for his service, hope he enjoys his Tostitos.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1151 on: October 29, 2019, 09:27:53 AM »
I didn't realise you had Pitt's coach. The Happ we got back from the Pirates was on a different level to the one we sent to Seattle, but he was only in Pittsburgh for half a season. If he was the one who made the difference then he worked some magic.

Searage just got let go this offseason with all of the turnover in Pitt

With the Chicago White Sox in 2012, Liriano had a 5.40 earned run average. With Searage in ’13, his ERA fell to 3.02 with 16 victories and Liriano was named the comeback player of the year.

Also worth mentioning: Edison Volquez and Mark Melancon

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1152 on: October 29, 2019, 10:59:46 AM »
Jack Curry put his Twitter vote into giving Cone a good look.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1153 on: October 29, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »
Add another name to this winter's free agent crop: Japanese star Yoshitomo Tsutsugo will be posted in November, sources tell ESPN. The 27-year-old left-handed hitter is a 1B/LF. Perhaps best comp: Kyle Schwarber. With Yokohama, he consistently has posted near-.400 OBP with power.

Passan

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1154 on: October 29, 2019, 02:47:16 PM »
Tsutsugo slashed .272/.388/.511 with 29 HR, 24 2B and 79 RBI in 464 at-bats last year. He's a LHH that @mikeaxisa says has "military style plate discipline" and that his strike zone knowledge is "real." Yankees may have ABs available at both 1B & LF. Something I'll be monitoring

Federico

Tags: