Author Topic: 2019 MLB thread  (Read 40313 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: 2019 MLB thread
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 11:09:48 AM »
Not happy with the Puig trade. I know there were a lot of other guys in it, but Puig is the one that will hurt. He is a great clutch hitter, tremendous RF and one of the leaders of the team. Feeling is they want to go after Harper, I'd rather have kept Puig.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2019, 03:24:21 AM »
i'm glad i dont have to listen to how gritty he is and whatever 30 times a year now.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 01:20:52 PM »
the Jays traded Russ Martin back to the Dodgers.

#TimeIsAFlatCircle
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 01:22:15 PM »
the Jays traded Russ Martin back to the Dodgers.

#TimeIsAFlatCircle

Good. Grandal signed with Milwaukee, had mixed feelings about him. Always liked Russell Martin.

Still hating the Puig trade.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »
Good. Grandal signed with Milwaukee, had mixed feelings about him. Always liked Russell Martin.

Still hating the Puig trade.

Russ Martin is overpaid and below average now.  His batting average was below .200 last season too.

Thanks for taking his salary off our hands though. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 01:32:27 PM »
Money...what's money? It's the Dodgers.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 01:40:29 PM »
Mookie Betts and the Red Sox just avoided arbitration. He's going to make $20M this year, with the potential to make another $400k.

Geezzus
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 02:48:38 PM »
Posting this here, rather than the Mets thread, because it's related to the Betts story.

DeGrom just got a record-setting raise for an arbitration-eligible player. He went from $7.4M to $17M.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 06:36:36 PM »
This is staggering.

Of the 232 who revealed ballots to @NotMrTibbs, 71.1 percent voted for Roger Clemens and 70.6 percent for Barry Bonds.

Of the 193 whose ballots remain private, 45.6 percent voted for Roger Clemens and 45.1 percent for Barry Bonds.

Passan
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 01:00:28 PM »
Now that Rivera has broken the stranglehold on the dumbest unwritten rule in sports, can we retroactively unanimously induct guys like Nolan Ryan, Griffey Jr., Tom Seaver, Mickey Mantle, and of course Babe Ruth?

Also, Clemens and Bonds should be in the Hall. I'd make the argument for Andy Pettitte too.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2019, 01:03:13 PM »
So who is the next 100% guy? I was having this conversation last night, and I said Trout--if he has 10 more years of similar production.

But someone I didn't previously think of that just came to me is David Ortiz. Just like Rivera was unanimous because he was practically automatic, especially in big games, Ortiz was as well.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »
So who is the next 100% guy? I was having this conversation last night, and I said Trout--if he has 10 more years of similar production.

But someone I didn't previously think of that just came to me is David Ortiz. Just like Rivera was unanimous because he was practically automatic, especially in big games, Ortiz was as well.

Roids means no way he's getting 100%

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2019, 01:22:43 PM »
Roids means no way he's getting 100%

Oh yeah, I always forget his name leaked but he went to "investigate" and never found any evidence of his own wrongdoing.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2019, 01:37:43 PM »

No way Papi is unanimous, there will be voters who won't vote for him because he didn't play enough defense.

Surely Jeter stands a chance of being unanimous, no?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2019, 01:47:50 PM »
No way Papi is unanimous, there will be voters who won't vote for him because he didn't play enough defense.

Surely Jeter stands a chance of being unanimous, no?

I don't think Jeter will be unanimous. His defensive range was always a target for discrediting him. Also, while it pains me to say it, Jeter wasn't even the best shortstop on his team once ARod joined the Yankees. I was 100% behind Jeter not giving up his position, but in hindsight, the Yankees probably would've been a better team if Jeter had moved to third and Rodriguez was the SS.

As for Ortiz, I feel like defense shouldn't come into the conversation. Mariano Rivera had 4 plate appearances in his career. It seems disingenuous to knock Ortiz for his glove if you're not going to knock Rivera for his bat.

Tags: